Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Revisiting the Myogi

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

I decided recently to revisit ships I didn't do so well in, mainly to improve my stats to at least 50% or better. Well my first challenge I set my eyes on is the Myogi, oh god why. I still had my 12 point Kongo captain sitting around so I retrained him for the Myogi and first battle in I quickly remember why I hated this ship even though I haven't touched it since OBT. First lets look at what is good which is umm well, its got great speed, yep and hmmmm OH YEA 14" guns and uhhh okish AA? This ship is pure artillery support, but it can't really do that because while it has great range its accuracy sucks and you only have 6 guns. You won't be easily deleting cruisers in this ship, well unless RNG likes you. Nope this ship relies on your allies acting as proper meat shields, except the enemy will pretty much always see you first thanks to its detection, and enemy potatoes love focusing down on the first ship regardless of what else pops up. Sigh why do I do this to myself. This ship begs to be brawled but its soft and its range (with mandatory spotter) begs it to be a sniper but doesn't have the accuracy nor the amount of guns to make up for said accuracy. It amazes me for how good the Kongo is, this ship is basically the same but with 1 less turret yet feels so much worse. Currently sitting at 21 losses and 12 wins, this means I have allot of battles ahead of me to take this ship over 50%, if ever.....

[RLGN]
Members
19,152 posts
35,195 battles

Of all things I put my original Atago captain in Kawachi, then progressed to Myogi. Terrible WR, but I still liked it. Run away like a Konigsburg, averaged 36k damage, (for just 5 games.)

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

She is great fun and fine for brawling.  Some of her forward structure is tougher than king is. Her 14s hit like trucks at t4. Often you have the range to fire from one spawn to the other.  Under 10k range hitting 4/6 or 3/4 rounds is not uncommon.  

What you need to learn is Myogi suffle.  At steep angels her armor is as trollish as kongo's. So you Angel bow in a swing your stern out just enough to unmask your rear turrets. Just before they unmask rudder shift the other way.  Your tail will drift out so you can fire your turrets.  Time it right and you can maintain consistent firepower while making yourself not only harder to hit but bounce a lot. Mostly suffering from over pens that bounce off of your forward bulkhead

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,839 battles

I played her not too long ago on the Asia server and really enjoyed it. 

I agree that you have to brawl, mainly because the accuracy is rubbish. Use the speed to choose the brawls you can win, and get in and get out. She's a bit like the Gneisnau in that she doesn't do as well against cruisers and DDs due to the low accuracy and low barrel count, but like StoneRhino said the 14s do hit like trucks when they do. Especially against other BBs.

Having the turrets in the back is kind of awkward; I think she'd be really strong if she had two turrets in the front rather than two in the rear. Less than try to wiggle forward, sometimes I prefer to push a flank, turn around, and try to hold the position.

I think the ship has too high a skill floor for T4. When I first played her she was my first T4, and I was terrible. Only 3000 fights later and after playing a bunch of games in the various ARP Kongos did I feel like I could really get anything out of the Myogi.

[RLGN]
Members
19,152 posts
35,195 battles

Had hundreds of games in the Warspite, ARP Kongo's, USN BBs and her soul-sister Konigsburg long before I even touched Myogi. Only played 10 games, (5 PvP, 5 PvE,) and did okay, but I did like the ship.

Members
4,203 posts

While I am not a great player, I am currently using the Myogi grinding my way to the Kongo. I do like the Myogi and have been the last few days trying to decide if I am going to keep her. I play her on the flanks or supporting other ships and seem to be lucky so far playing her this way.

Overall Results

Battles  33 

Victories  17 (52%) 

Battles survived  17 

Damage caused  694,177 

Warships destroyed  29 

Aircraft destroyed  57 

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

A couple battles in and wr is up a little bit, this ship is a struggle. I decided to revisit the other T4 BBs while I'm at it like I did for the T3 BBs should be interesting. I honestly think a signature boost would be the best buff for her without breaking her.

Right now the Ishizuchi, Wyoming and Kaiser are pretty well balanced against each other while the Myogi is straight up bad, a good player can make her shine no doubt but most people that play her are noobs

[GSG-0]
Members
7 posts
1,057 battles

First game with it, I sniped a Langley from across the map. Maybe RNG, but that citadel pen though

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Kinda hard to make my WR go up when I'm winning every other game, at this rate it will take forever to get her up to 50%WR. I'm doing great other wise, averaging around 55k damage per game since I picked her back up and really picked her overall damage per game as well

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

Try extending a flank to draw a few ships away from the main combat. While using your range to assist your team.   It helps your team win but greatly lowers your damage

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Using it's range is really a bad idea because it just can't reliably hit anything, I found it best to close in and use its speed to get in and out

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i recently played 5 match in it to grind xp for cv (just to have it uplocked).   I averaged 47k dmg and wtr over 2k.     it isn't too bad, but it isn't as flexible or fun as zucchini.     you need to play close enough to hit your target.  

Sign in to follow this