You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Big_Trading_Clipper

do you agree with this pay-to-win MM?

43 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
356 battles

they are top tier now but is unlikely to be top tier every game. So I don't see a problem only problem is the Belfast. 

Wiki Editor
798 posts

The only thing that I see is unfair is that your side has three Tier V and the reds have two. Everything else is just fine. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Welp. Not sure it matters, but it does seem odd that every single premium got dropped on one side.

Wiki Editor
798 posts

I suspect this is sample bias. If there were more screencaps taken it would show a more average distribution. 

• Cool 1

[REVY]
[REVY]
Members
324 posts
1,866 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

Just because they are in premium ships does not mean they will win.

Exactly!  It's the Weekend, all the weekend warriors farming credits are out.  

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Pay to win MM? I see nothing of the sort. :cap_popcorn:

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Sims is not pay to win... well okay, it is compared to Mahan, but not the other T7 tech tree DDs.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

What is there to agree or disagree with? Lucky MM  draw that I would not have even noticed tbh.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

oh, and Dunkerque and Atlanta are not exactly P2W ships.

They require quite a bit of finesse to play well.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
3 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

Sims is not pay to win... well okay, it is compared to Mahan, but not the other T7 tech tree DDs.

Sims does have those Benson guns, and ridiculous speed and maneuverability over the other DDs too. Oh and USN smoke. Just saying.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,167 posts
30,915 battles
7 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Sims does have those Benson guns, and ridiculous speed and maneuverability over the other DDs too. Oh and USN smoke. Just saying.

But Sims has either long ranged Slowpedoes or damaging, very short ranged ones.  And Mahan is a USN DD so it has USN smoke but far more useful torpedoes.  Mahan is more rounded as a DD, Sims is the specialized knife fighter.

Oh and OP, looks like normal MM.  2300 matches into WoWS and you think there's a Premium Ship MM Conspiracy.  :cap_haloween: Your first post on the boards is a whine post, and an incorrect whine post at that.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles
3 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Sims gets 4x 18RPM
Mahan gets 5x 15RPM
all in all, Mahan has slightly more firepower, but Sims is far superior as a DD.

[SOL-B]
Members
217 posts
7,876 battles

This is the load screen.    Would have been interesting to see the results screen also.  

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

OP's title should have said, "Should MM take premium ships into consideration when creating teams?"

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,167 posts
30,915 battles
1 minute ago, awiggin said:

OP's title should have said, "Should MM take premium ships into consideration when creating teams?"

But it's a CONSPIRACY!

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

Pay to win MM means you have the capacity to give WG real money in exchange for either an increase in frequency of being highest tier or increasing the skill level of the players on your team. Nothing more. Premium ships are not better than their non-premium counterparts after skill is factored in. This is especially true considering the sheer volume of players with no experience buying premium ships and playing them before learning the fundamentals. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
2 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Pay to win MM means you have the capacity to give WG real money in exchange for either an increase in frequency of being highest tier or increasing the skill level of the players on your team. Nothing more. Premium ships are not better than their non-premium counterparts after skill is factored in. This is especially true considering the sheer volume of players with no experience buying premium ships and playing them before learning the fundamentals. 

Then you're saying that Tier 10 is PTW? 

After all, you literally have to pay to play tier 10, and you're always top tier......:Smile_hiding:

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles
11 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

Ah, P2W, the usual scream of the horrid potato.

:Smile_great: And the horribly salty.

I don't see anything seriously wrong with this MM. Personally I prefer being up a DD than up a CL, but that's got nothing to do with premiums or any P2W conspiracy.  I do suspects that divs had something to do with how the teams look.

Members
1,853 posts
3,584 battles

I disagree.  It seems rather balanced, to me.  The Scharnhorst is a better battleship than your Colorado tier for tier, but at the same time, your Bayern is generally superior to their Dunkerque.  Your pair of Yorcks is outclassed by their Atlanta/Belfast combo.  The Schors slightly edges out Ashigara, as it can do all the same HE-spamming, with added effectiveness against their DDs.  Your Leander is just straight-up better than their Nurnberg.  Gunboats generally have an advantage over torp boats, but your Nicholas should be able to deal with their Minekaze, whilst you have an extra cruiser to help combat their DDs in the form of the Furutaka.  (And the benefit of the aforementioned Schors.)