You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Oveur

TK: Crime and Punishment

71 comments in this topic

[SAA]
Modder
232 posts

Pink for 25 battles? Are you kidding me? For this? Is this new in 0.6.6.1 or am I the worst Team Killer ever??

Spoiler

SS1.thumb.jpg.d07177754b04211d1202b92b8663d7c6.jpg

SS2.thumb.jpg.4af861d866668affa89d56d74fead4bf.jpg

Edited by Capt_Oveur

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,731 posts
26,569 battles

So ... Explain to me what actual punishment there is in being pink? I mean, it doesn't affect XP income, it doesn't affect credit income, it doesn't affect MM, so what 'punishment' exactly is there?

• Cool 1

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

I had a stream of team killings couple of months ago and got 20 battles penalty on the last one (30 in total), which made me realize that killing my teammates is a bad thing. Be more careful when committing this type of crime.

[SAA]
Modder
232 posts

5 minutes ago, Lert said:

So ... Explain to me what actual punishment there is in being pink? I mean, it doesn't affect XP income, it doesn't affect credit income, it doesn't affect MM, so what 'punishment' exactly is there?

All right, pink is just another color. It can be rather unpleasant though when your teammates bump your ship, or berate you or even shoot at you.

Edited by Capt_Oveur

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,731 posts
26,569 battles
Just now, Capt_Oveur said:

or even shoot at you.

That counts towards their own TK'er status, so if they do that enough they become pink themselves.

Be honest: How often have you been pink? Because if your answer is along the lines of "a few times already" I suspect the 25 match pentalty instead of 5 match penalty is a form of escalation for repeat offenders. If this is the case, be warned, it will eventually escalate to a ban.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I usually only get a 5 game penalty... I mean, I have never TK'd anyone :cap_book:

• Cool 2

[SAA]
Modder
232 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

That counts towards their own TK'er status, so if they do that enough they become pink themselves.

Be honest: How often have you been pink? Because if your answer is along the lines of "a few times already" I suspect the 25 match pentalty instead of 5 match penalty is a form of escalation for repeat offenders. If this is the case, be warned, it will eventually escalate to a ban.

Of course I've been pink a few times already. However, not recently. Can you ever live it down?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,731 posts
26,569 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Can you ever live it down?

Unknown. WG doesn't go into details and specifics on how the TK / pink system works to prevent people from gaming it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,205 posts
15,770 battles
18 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Pink for 25 battles? Are you kidding me? For this? Is this new in 0.6.6.1 or am I the worst Team Killer ever??

Reveal hidden contents

SS1.thumb.jpg.d07177754b04211d1202b92b8663d7c6.jpg

SS2.thumb.jpg.4af861d866668affa89d56d74fead4bf.jpg

To get a 25 match penalty period you have a rather long record of team killing/damage. Start paying attention to where you are throwing your ordnance, you own it until it stops.

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

I have turned pink about three times, but the penalty was never more than 5 games.  I suspect this is escalation due to repeat offenses.

[SAA]
Modder
232 posts
3 minutes ago, Tembin said:

I suspect this is escalation due to repeat offenses.

Maybe. I'm still in disbelief, I'd like to know if someone got the usual 5 battle TK penalty recently, in 0.6.6.1. It may be something new.

Wiki Editor
798 posts
28 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

In short OP, it's the latter. Repeat offences stack. Ergo reconsider where you are dropping your ordinances. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Meanwhile I have yet to be pink. :Smile-_tongue:

[SOL-B]
Members
217 posts
7,876 battles

Were you already pink when the battle started? 

But I agree.  25 matches seems excessive for 637HP damage.  

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
21 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Of course I've been pink a few times already. However, not recently. Can you ever live it down?

It would take more than a few times recently to generate that type of punishment, either it's a bug, or you aren't being completely transparent....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[SAA]
Modder
232 posts
6 minutes ago, Cooper_Capt said:

Were you already pink when the battle started? 

But I agree.  25 matches seems excessive for 637HP damage.  

No I was not pink when the battle started. (From now on, till like forever, I will be.) I really appreciate your reply. You are the only one showing any kind of sympathy.

7 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It would take more than a few times recently to generate that type of punishment, either it's a bug, or you aren't being completely transparent....:Smile_teethhappy:

I play DDs. I have been pink a few times, but the most penalty I ever got was 8 battles, and that must have been about a year ago. The last time I was penalized it was for 5 battles. It's a big jump to go from 5 to 25.

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

I'm on like a 65 game stretch before I get out of pink status. WG isn't punishing players for being evil trolls so they are forcing us to police our own. It takes a village. No need to get into details, if someone received a torp spread from me it means they went to great lengths to say and do things behind the cowardly safety of anonymity that they would never say to my face because they'd know they'd spend the rest of their life eating out of a straw. 

If their constitution is so weak as to get emotionally affected by turning pink, I'd suggest talking to someone about that fragile self esteem. 

Edited by VGLance

Members
6,889 posts
14,881 battles
4 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

No I was not pink when the battle started. (From now on, till like forever, I will be.) I really appreciate your reply. You are the only one showing any kind of sympathy.

I play DDs. I have been pink a few times, but the most penalty I ever got was 8 battles, and that must have been about a year ago. The last time I was penalized it was for 5 battles. It's a big jump to go from 5 to 25.

Supposedly, the 5 game pink was a bug and it should have been more for awhile according to a Dev. 

Forums are not a place to look for sympathy really.  I have played every ship and threw plenty of torps out but after 3300+ games - not ever been pink.  As others have said - it colors the ship and that is all.  If you don't want to deal with the [edited] who can't keep their mouths shut and suddenly can't drive - I would do co-op.  Seems as if there is less mouthing off there since many work off their pink color there.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,140 posts
12,577 battles
29 minutes ago, Capt_Oveur said:

Maybe. I'm still in disbelief, I'd like to know if someone got the usual 5 battle TK penalty recently, in 0.6.6.1. It may be something new.

I've been pink probably about 7 times total, and for most part it was my fault cause tunnel vision.

About only time going pink wasn't my fault is a Hosho match from about 4 months ago where I had to drop TB a red BB close to teammate because I was one island away from being BB food. Warned my teammate but he never paid attention nor repaired (suspect it was a total noob) and ended up pink. Was ticked off, but nothing to do but work it off.

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

Don't team kill. The point of all of this is to encourage players to watch their torps and rounds, it's a (supposed to be) team game and you don't shoot your allies. Now, don't get me wrong, accidents happen, some times we are just careless or don't see a teammate till its too late and some times our teammates are partially responsible of it too (I have gone pink 2x and felt bad about it, apologized and admitted fault then worked of my shame in co-op). But ultimately you are responsible and I don't have much sympathy for people complaining about being pink, if you don't wanna be pink don't teamkill. 

Members
5,450 posts
21,049 battles

I personally like seeing players trying to raise awareness for cancer research. 

Cancer is a terrible illness that we need to to prevent. Through research into better treatments and healthier life choices we can end cancer or at least limit its effects. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,507 posts
1,138 battles
25 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I'm on like a 65 game stretch before I get out of pink status. WG isn't punishing players for being evil trolls so they are forcing us to police our own. It takes a village. No need to get into details, if someone received a torp spread from me it means they went to great lengths to say and do things behind the cowardly safety of anonymity that they would never say to my face because they'd know they'd spend the rest of their life eating out of a straw. 

If their constitution is so weak as to get emotionally affected by turning pink, I'd suggest talking to someone about that fragile self esteem. 

Man who judges the constitution of others doesn't have the self restraint necessary to ignore words typed out on a computer screen

• Cool 3

[SOL-B]
Members
217 posts
7,876 battles
4 minutes ago, RedSeaBear said:

I personally like seeing players trying to raise awareness for cancer research. 

Cancer is a terrible illness that we need to to prevent. Through research into better treatments and healthier life choices we can end cancer or at least limit its effects. 

Pink Ribbons.   Ok i get it.  

But, ACTUALLY Heart Disease kills more people.   

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers
232 posts
9,305 battles

I turned pink a few weeks back. Guy turned into my torps after I let him know I was reporting him for racist comments. He showed me! lol

I was pink for 5-6 games, maybe and then all was well. Can't even remember how long its been before that. If you are pink for 25 or more games, I can only assume that you earned it.

[CREDO]
Members
2,457 posts
9,230 battles

I have two questions about TKing that will be easy for somebody to answer logically, and in an informed manner. hopefully. maybe. 

1) if a CV player torps themselves, do they receive TK points for that?

2) is the damage you cause to friendlies rewarded with XP and credits after the battle as usual?

was in a battle not too long ago in which I was sunk by a friendly (torped !! it was horrible) after sinking a couple enemy ships, capping a base and defending, and doing ~45 damage. the TKer did little damage (that I observed, anyway, and he was basically playing right behind me, sort of lurking, skulking and stalking just off my stern), to the enemy before he was sunk, did not cap, defend, or spot, and ended up with a -1 ship sink score. despite this, he scored higher on the team results page by 4 or 5 players than I did.... how does this work?

Edited by not_acceptable