You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Fantomex_

Haida, Edson, U-505: Image Heavy

10 comments in this topic

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles

Greetings! A week ago I posted a thread on my upcoming visit to the HMCS Haida while visiting friends in Waterloo, ON. I said I'd take a ton of pictures and post them when I got back, so here I am delivering.

But wait! On my return trip I took two detours: first one was to Bay City in Michigan to visit the USS Edson, and the second was to Chicago to see the U-505 at the Museum of Science and Industry.

I have well over 600 pictures of the three vessels, with over 300 of just the Haida. In this post I'll just do a teaser of the three, just a few images of each. I'll do a more in-depth post about the Haida in the coming days, and I'll upload all 600 images to imgur and give you guys those links later (slow internet, bleh).

So without further ado, here's some pictures of the exterior, main armament, galley, and engine rooms of the three (IMAGE HEAVY):

Haida: 

Spoiler

XUB97Ib.jpg

HxR5Fgi.jpg

xmvqvih.jpg

pPIb7uv.jpg

O2VbD97.jpg

Edson:

Spoiler

0z3SUtR.jpg

Xss1m09.jpg

M1p9HAa.jpg

6XHlUcH.jpg

Don't know why this one is blurry. I'm just a potato photographer I guess.

U-505:

Spoiler

iJoL75Q.jpg

yTnvhdu.jpg

U2U7Usz.jpg

AkgvjVB.jpg

Like I said, I'll make a detailed post for each one in the coming days as I get the time to do it.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Cool Fantom! I can't wait to see more! :Smile_great:

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles
7 minutes ago, DemonicTreerat said:

Should have stopped by Muskegon too. USS Silversides is moored there.

I also missed USS Cobia in northern Wisconsin as well. I knew both were there, but I was limited by how much I wanted to spend on hotels and how little I wanted to sleep in my car.

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,944 battles
12 minutes ago, Kapitanleutnant_Ford said:

Very cool +1   That sub is displayed in a very cool manner, never seen one inside like that.

She used to be outside. They built the indoor facility because she was deteriorating. They did a good job with it,,, sort of like a mock submarine pen. 

Edited by Skarp_AGW

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles
12 minutes ago, Skarp_AGW said:

She used to be outside. They built the indoor facility because she was deteriorating. They did a good job with it,,, sort of like a mock submarine pen. 

Yeah, turns out Chicago winters and steel don't go well together...

[WOLF7]
Members
138 posts

Nice, I always wanted to see U-505 I used to play a lot of silent hunter 3, and Aces of the Deep before that. I'm going to Pearl at the end of August so Missouri is on my list of things to do.