Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Planetos

SAVE THE TEXAS

Save the USS Texas  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you play WOWS in another event like the Kamikaze R to help give the USS Texas a proper home, instead of the mud hole she is sinking in AGAIN??

• Hell Yeah
    • No

8 comments in this topic

[VENUM]
Members
66 posts
7,018 battles

So i got off work today and checked my facebook, only to see 9 different articles talking about how the USS Texas is sinking, AGAIN. 

I would love to do another restoration event like WG did with the Kamikaze R. 

WG has already done SOOO MUCH to help preserve pieces of History in ways that NO other game company would even bother with. WG helped restore a Kamikaze destroyer, they are working to REBUILD a Maus Heavy Tank, they donated money to help repair the Arizona Monument in Hawaii. 

What is stopping this playerbase from helping WG do it again? 

I think we could do an event for the USS Texas and give her a proper Dry dock type berth so that she never has to worry about flooding and rust damage to her hull ever again. I for 1 am totally down with donating money, playing the game for a special Black Camo or something ingame, or even playing in another Restoration type event. 

What do you say?

• Cool 3

Members
79 posts
12,719 battles

Let the Great State of Texas save her.  Its their memorial.  The Great state of Texas people think their crapdon't stink!  Let them pay to save it.  Do not give them charity.  They do not deserve it.  

[-AJ-]
[-AJ-]
Beta Testers
65 posts
4,344 battles

I like this however I consider it a form of shallow support.  

If you can afford to buy in game items which only a portion of the proceeds would go to the Texas,  why wouldn't you donate to the Texas directly where 100% of the donation would go to the Texas instead.

http://battleshiptexas.org/donate/

• Cool 1

[MESH]
Beta Testers
69 posts
11,617 battles
14 minutes ago, Orca86 said:

Let the Great State of Texas save her.  Its their memorial.  The Great state of Texas people think their crapdon't stink!  Let them pay to save it.  Do not give them charity.  They do not deserve it.  

This is why we can't have nice things...

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts
1 hour ago, Orca86 said:

ufYkXbZ.gif

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

The last time a charity raised money to restore USS Texas, 80% of the money disappeared into completely unrelated projects.

The citizens clearly care. But the Texas government doesn't care about their own Dreadnought. It's appalling.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

Alpha Tester
937 posts
7,770 battles

the Texas State government does not care about us, or Texas.  They will not be forgotten on the day of the rope.

the ship will not disappear though.  I fought in two wars with the 1st Marine Division.  The 1st Marine Division was formed on the Texas.  If for no other reason, we will save it for that piece of history.  A lot of Former Marines are congressmen all over the US.  Write them and let them know.

Sign in to follow this