You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Do_Doch_Nicht

Du Doch Dicta

135 comments in this topic

Members
221 posts
22,386 battles

Yes, I'm the originator of the Konig Disaster Thread and here is a short list of unassailable tenets the developers must follow to make the game great.  Not unlike the great WWI fighter ace's tenets, Oswald Boelcke, or Boelcke's Dicta.

1. Torpedoes are not automatic

2. Torpedoes will vary in their launched path and will stray left and right of that course. Some torpedoes will circle back and hit the ships that launch them.

3. Torpedoes will not hold their depth. Some torpedoes will come to the surface and flounder. Others will dive too  deep to strike their targets.

4. Torpedoes will not travel their optimum distance. Some torpedoes will travel only a fraction of their designed distance. A very few in the perfect circumstances will travel a little further.

5. Detonation. Not all torpedoes will detonate. A good percentage even striking their target will not detonate, while others will detonate too soon. Some as  soon as they contact the water in their launch.

6. Historical Loads.  The game cannot have historical loads becuz then a DD jockey riding the  Kamikazee will only get six total torps. But for game balance, fairness and dissuading Friendly Fire, reload times shall increase substantially. During a 20 minute game 3 reloads are more than enough.

Raise Your Game Programmers. We want more Game from you!

Edited by Do_Doch_Nicht

[BOTES]
[BOTES]
Members
3,641 posts
19,193 battles

#arcadegamenotnavalsimulator?

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
761 posts
5,299 battles
1 hour ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

Yes, I'm the originator of the Konig Disaster Thread and here is a short list of unassailable tenets the developers must follow to make the game great.  Not unlike the great WWI fighter ace's tenets, Oswald Boelcke, or Boelcke's Dicta.

2. Torpedoes will vary in their launched path and will stray left and right of that course. Some torpedoes will circle back and hit the ships that launch them.

3. Torpedoes will not hold their depth. Some torpedoes will come to the surface and flounder. Others will dive too  deep to strike their targets.

4. Torpedoes will not travel their optimum distance. Some torpedoes will travel only a fraction of their designed distance. A very few in the perfect circumstances will travel a little further.

5. Detonation. Not all torpedoes will detonate. A good percentage even striking their target will not detonate, while others will detonate too soon. Some as  soon as they contact the water in their launch.

6. Historical Loads.  The game cannot have historical loads becuz then a DD jockey riding the  Kamikazee will only get six total torps. But for game balance, fairness and dissuading Friendly Fire, reload times shall increase substantially. During a 20 minute game 3 reloads are more than enough.

Raise Your Game Programmers. We want more Game from you!

1. torps are not auto launch learn that

2. They do its called RNG the spread does chenge on ship from time to time....PLAY more and you will see. (can not talk about plane torps.)

3. Its a game guy stop it already

4.umm again its a game.

5. Umm NO!

Shut up learn WASD hacks

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,626 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitanleutnant_Ford said:

Its an arcade game not a simulator. Maybe this isn't the game for you.

if you played a game with him you would already know it is NOT the game for him....

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Just ignore this potato, when I first started playing he would post videos crying "World of Torpedoes" while stupidly driving in straight lines or into narrow gaps that begs one to be torped to death. It's always the game never the player with him.

I personally nominate him for the Potato Hall of Fame!!

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles
2 hours ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

No one cares

We don't serve your kind here. 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

oh wow, you're back.

I thought you quit and would never come back.

It was more peaceful without you too

• Cool 1

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

Oh, wonderful, this annoying 'tato is back.  Plays mostly cruisers and still can't handle torps... and is still complaining... and still doesn't understand this isn't a sim. 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
3 hours ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

1. What does this even mean? We manually fire the torpedo launchers at the enemies we choose.

2. They do vary left and right a bit, but they generally maintain their course. Do I even need to speak on the last part? The rage would be immense. :Smile_facepalm:

3. Again do I need to speak to this? OP I'm sorry but for a game? This is just a bad idea from the get go.

4. See answer number 3.

5. See answer number 3.

6. No. You fire those three salvos then what? Most DD's will be dead because of that. Even some cruisers would be too.

All in all OP your thinking is based around a simulator type of game, to which, WoWs is not. The mechanics you suggest would drive everyone but the most hardcore lovers of this game away, and I am being lenient. You need to change your thinking to be more of an arcade style of gameplay, and then will you see the error of these suggestions.

Members
221 posts
22,386 battles
2 hours ago, Battleship_Constitution said:

OP hides stats and well is not the best of players before he hid them

just needs to learn WASD hacks

There are two kinds. Those that know like myself and those that don't like Parjo.  Among those that know Wasd as you put it is  extremely overrated.  I win most of my games now. The great majority of my games, its a wonderful thing. Its a beautiful thing.  But heres my most recent video. A game I played badly in and we should have lost.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry4viLzpuoc

2 hours ago, pmgaudio said:

if you played a game with him you would already know it is NOT the game for him....

Its a fun game that could be so much better. But they will have to work on that torpedo thing. You know that thing we had!

2 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Just ignore this potato, when I first started playing he would post videos crying "World of Torpedoes" while stupidly driving in straight lines or into narrow gaps that begs one to be torped to death. It's always the game never the player with him.

I personally nominate him for the Potato Hall of Fame!!

World of Torpedoes baby!

1 hour ago, Captain_Dorja said:

We don't serve your kind here. 

Yes you do. This is America and you can't obstruct justice either pumpkin head!

1 hour ago, MrDeaf said:

oh wow, you're back.

I thought you quit and would never come back.

It was more peaceful without you too

I never even knew you were here!

25 minutes ago, ClockworkSpectre said:

Oh, wonderful, this annoying 'tato is back.  Plays mostly cruisers and still can't handle torps... and is still complaining... and still doesn't understand this isn't a sim. 

I drive a poorly rendered Konig now.

15 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

1. What does this even mean? We manually fire the torpedo launchers at the enemies we choose.

2. They do vary left and right a bit, but they generally maintain their course. Do I even need to speak on the last part? The rage would be immense. :Smile_facepalm:

3. Again do I need to speak to this? OP I'm sorry but for a game? This is just a bad idea from the get go.

4. See answer number 3.

5. See answer number 3.

6. No. You fire those three salvos then what? Most DD's will be dead because of that. Even some cruisers would be too.

All in all OP your thinking is based around a simulator type of game, to which, WoWs is not. The mechanics you suggest would drive everyone but the most hardcore lovers of this game away, and I am being lenient. You need to change your thinking to be more of an arcade style of gameplay, and then will you see the error of these suggestions.

You're not the only one that didn't understand the seminal tenet of the dicta is that Torpedoes cannot be "automatic".  They cannot be launched and counted on!

Edited by Do_Doch_Nicht

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

this level of stupidity exists?

9r55sOX.gif

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
Just now, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

You're not the only one that didn't understand the seminal tenet of the dicta is that Torpedoes cannot be "automatic".  They cannot be launched and counted on!

Now that I know what you mean I shall answer that:

If we could not rely on torpedoes, why should we fire them? For that matter, why should we fire shells? They weren't automatic either, they failed too. Shall I point out the times when an air dropped bomb bounced around and did nothing? 

Adding this would turn the RNG in this game up to eleven. Everyone would have to truly hope that their torpedoes work, shells work, bombs explode, etc. It makes you loose trust in the very thing you are relying on to survive in the game.

You get jumped by a cruiser in your destroyer coming around the island, you quickly swing the two quad torpedo launchers around (Thankful one of your 3 reloads is there) and fire: two torps jam in the launcher, a third dives too deep, the other five steam to the target. One bonks the ship and does nothing, a second flounders and sinks. The other three hit and explode. Surprise! That was not enough to kill him, and he launches a torpedo salvo at you and low and behold RNG said yes and all four of his torps go on course and hit you, boom dead.

That's a legitimate scenario possible in your current thinking of how this game should work. Suffice to say, it sound terrible.

Point? These suggestions would break the game, and no one would play. End of story.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,956 battles

Random trivia: The word for Torpedo in Japanese, Gyorai, uses the characters for "Thunder" and "River Trout".

THUNDER TROUT

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,952 posts
19,218 battles
4 hours ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

Some torpedoes will circle back and hit the ships that launch them.

*edit* didnt know it was referring to real life

Edited by tcbaker777

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
1 minute ago, Destroyer_Kiyoshimo said:

Random trivia: The word for Torpedo in Japanese, Gyorai, uses the characters for "Thunder" and "River Trout".

THUNDER TROUT

I do not know what to do with this information...

[HINON]
[HINON]
6,801 posts
5,248 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

torps have never done a 180 and hit the ship that launched them, youre either high as a Georgia Pine or your game is bugging out VERY badly

He is referring to real life Baker. In which, yes this did actually happen.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,952 posts
19,218 battles
On 6/15/2017 at 9:33 PM, Doomlock said:

He is referring to real life Baker. In which, yes this did actually happen.

7UFtCwg.jpgand how tho?

Edited by tcbaker777

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles
21 minutes ago, Do_Doch_Nicht said:

There are two kinds. Those that know like myself and those that don't like Parjo.  Among those that know Wasd as you put it is  extremely overrated.  I win most of my games now. The great majority of my games, its a wonderful thing. Its a beautiful thing.  But heres my most recent video. A game I played badly in and we should have lost.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry4viLzpuoc

Your video link doesn't work, leads to "this video is unavailable".