You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ValkyrWarframe

The Best Squad is the One Without Battleships

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I disagree. You generally need to ensure you have 1 good ship of each type (outside of may be a CV), to ensure you can't be mashed by he errors of the potatoes on your team.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles
3 minutes ago, Madwolf05 said:

I disagree. You generally need to ensure you have 1 good ship of each type (outside of may be a CV), to ensure you can't be mashed by he errors of the potatoes on your team.

Most of the time battleships are just the campers though, and if you have enough competent players of destroyers and cruisers you can take on pretty much anything.  Though I will agree most of the time it is a good idea to have a balance of good players and ships.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,729 battles
22 minutes ago, ValkyrWarframe said:

rlByOrT.png

iAzw2Nn.jpg

Enemy team deserved to lose IMO, just because they let 5 DDs live that long

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles
3 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Enemy team deserved to lose IMO, just because they let 5 DDs live that long

Fair enough, but that's mainly because our DDs actually had a sense of self-preservation and not died meaninglessly in caps.

[RLGN]
Members
19,152 posts
35,195 battles
46 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

Enemy team deserved to lose IMO, just because they let 5 DDs live that long.

Pretty much; so many times I'm watching people brainlessly shoot at xp farms when a Destroyer in at an easily hitable range from them.

"But... but destroyers are so hard to hit..."

Bull. It's all a matter of practice, and I regularly get hits at 10k, and occasionally even further away. Less than 10K? That's easy range for hitting destroyers.

As a related side issue; I absolutely HATE seeing a Co-op team come up and there aren't any battleships; even one; because a well used battleship is the best cure for the bot cruiser that ails you in Co-op.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,668 battles

Yup group of competent CA and DD players can be good without a BB, but give me a BB or two anytime...only take a pretty decent BB player to make a CA player go poof with one shot, and thats the rub, one mistake and your gone.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

I'd prefer to have only BBs on the enemy team, and then a few on my team, that way there is a ton of damage to be farmed.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,729 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Pretty much; so many times I'm watching people brainlessly shoot at xp farms when a Destroyer in at an easily hitable range from them.

"But... but destroyers are so hard to hit..."

Bull. It's all a matter of practice, and I regularly get hits at 10k, and occasionally even further away. Less than 10K? That's easy range for hitting destroyers.

As a related side issue; I absolutely HATE seeing a Co-op team come up and there aren't any battleships; even one; because a well used battleship is the best cure for the bot cruiser that ails you in Co-op.

i once had a Texas refuse to shoot a DD until it was LITERALLY 1KM AWAY, and, not big surprise, he was torped to death

[RLGN]
Members
19,152 posts
35,195 battles
1 hour ago, tcbaker777 said:

i once had a Texas refuse to shoot a DD until it was LITERALLY 1KM AWAY, and, not big surprise, he was torped to death

As I've said in other posts; I got tired of being killed by destroyers in my South Carolina and started learning to hit them with main battery shots.

Of course it's easier to do so with faster-firing cruisers; but if there's no there's no other immediately pressing target, I will not hesitate to shoot at a destroyer with battleships guns, That 1000-2000 points you shave off with overpens may save one of your own destroyers later.

Watching the mini-map for destroyers, and focusing my secondondaries on them; no matter how few I may have; has become second-nature to me by now. Texas and New York, for example, may only have three secondaries per side, but if one of them shoots at and detonates or finishes off a destroyer, then three was enough.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,729 battles
5 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

As I've said in other posts; I got tired of being killed by destroyers in my South Carolina and started learning to hit them with main battery shots.

Of course it's easier to do so with faster-firing cruisers; but if there's no there's no other immediately pressing target, I will not hesitate to shoot at a destroyer with battleships guns, That 1000-2000 points you shave off with overpens may save one of your own destroyers later.

Watching the mini-map for destroyers, and focusing my secondondaries on them; no matter how few I may have; has become second-nature to me by now. Texas and New York, for example, may only have three secondaries per side, but if one of them shoots at and detonates or finishes off a destroyer, then three was enough.

forgot to mention that the Texas HAD a shot on that DD, but kept turning his turrets for a BB that was like 10km away