Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
New_Horizontal

0.6.7 PTS

20 comments in this topic

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,234 battles

Gonna be a neutral update for me... through you can hear the tier 6 ships prepped up ready gearing up for the ranked battles.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

Gonna be a neutral update for me... through you can hear the tier 6 ships prepped up ready gearing up for the ranked battles.

Not looking forward to T6 ranked at all. At least 7 has enjoyable ships... 

[O_O]
Members
7,896 posts
22,097 battles

Wow, I think T6 has some great ships!  Arizona, New Mex, Fuso, Cleveland, Shinonome, Leander, Anshan...etc.  I'm looking forward to it!

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Not looking forward to T6 ranked at all. At least 7 has enjoyable ships... 

Really? T6 has some of the best balance. T7 is fun, but the balance is bad.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,451 battles

T6 will be fun! Lots of good ships and no Belfast!

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

T6 is going to be a smokefest, with no counters.  I don't think it's going to be as fun as people think.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Really? T6 has some of the best balance. T7 is fun, but the balance is bad.

what you have essentially said is that the counterplay to smoke (torps and radar) did not contribute to better balance, and unchecked smoke at tier 6 is better.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

Wow, I think T6 has some great ships!  Arizona, New Mex, Fuso, Cleveland, Shinonome, Leander, Anshan...etc.  I'm looking forward to it!

yes, take a Cleveland with effective range 10-13km to fight battleships with effective ranges 15-18. Can't go wrong, especially when only a select few cruisers don't suffer this handicap.

Members
3,284 posts

yes, take a Cleveland with effective range 10-13km to fight battleships with effective ranges 15-18. Can't go wrong, especially when only a select few cruisers don't suffer this handicap.

Cleveland has a 52% win rate for the last two weeks. How'd that happen with such a handicap? Riddle me that!

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,320 battles

Cleveland has a 52% win rate for the last two weeks. How'd that happen with such a handicap? Riddle me that!

Random and Ranked are very, very different.

Members
3,284 posts

Random and Ranked are very, very different.

That's true, but he specifically noted range, didn't he? Does Cleveland not face that disadvantage just as much (if not more) in Random Battles?
Edited by anonym_OlK73e329bMY

Beta Testers
358 posts
2,144 battles

I skipped last season because I thought the game play with T7 was poor.  I really like the previous season with the first part as T6 - time to bring the Budy back.

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

That's true, but he specifically noted range, didn't he? Does Cleveland not face that disadvantage just as much (if not more) in Random Battles?

tier 8 Tashkent was good in random, but it's concealment was an issue. It could be worked around in random due to lower overall player skill, but when brought up against a benson in ranked 10-1, it's issue with concealment was significantly more pronounced. 

Tier 7 Colorado, in most aspects very similar to nagato, but drawbacks in speed. This lack of movement where everything else was ~25 or faster simply put it in the back, and a weaker exploitable option.

in tier 6 for high league ranked, there are two major things happening.

One, there is no radar to counter smoke, and stealth torp options for smoke clear or otherwise are limited. Shinonome is in a great position in this regard, with good stealth and 9 torps every minute or so. Anshan is the next choice, which will get outspotted by Shino, followed by Farragut which will do no stealth torp whatsoever.

Two, there is a range gap between most cruisers and BBs. Some maps you may not have to worry on such as neighbors, but most maps have a naturally forming no go zone between engaging fleets, and cruiser effective range will not cover that except budyonny etc.

Suffice to say in ranked it is survivability first(in many more ways than just health) and then damage output. Short range cruisers, even if their damage output is better, will be much more vulnerable at those closer ranges if they even make it there. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

This patch has really almost nothing of interest for me. I have 0 interest in ranked (and really think it should be done away with. The amount of salt it causes is legendary) and most of it just seems to be small improvements and some fixes. Which are still welcomed of course...but....over all, this patch is a major "meh" for me. =/

Members
3,284 posts

tier 8 Tashkent was good in random, but it's concealment was an issue. It could be worked around in random due to lower overall player skill, but when brought up against a benson in ranked 10-1, it's issue with concealment was significantly more pronounced. 

Tier 7 Colorado, in most aspects very similar to nagato, but drawbacks in speed. This lack of movement where everything else was ~25 or faster simply put it in the back, and a weaker exploitable option.

in tier 6 for high league ranked, there are two major things happening.

One, there is no radar to counter smoke, and stealth torp options for smoke clear or otherwise are limited. Shinonome is in a great position in this regard, with good stealth and 9 torps every minute or so. Anshan is the next choice, which will get outspotted by Shino, followed by Farragut which will do no stealth torp whatsoever.

Two, there is a range gap between most cruisers and BBs. Some maps you may not have to worry on such as neighbors, but most maps have a naturally forming no go zone between engaging fleets, and cruiser effective range will not cover that except budyonny etc.

Suffice to say in ranked it is survivability first(in many more ways than just health) and then damage output. Short range cruisers, even if their damage output is better, will be much more vulnerable at those closer ranges if they even make it there. 

Yea, that makes sense (not sarcasm). Thanks for the thoughtful response.

Edited by anonym_OlK73e329bMY

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

I feel like the Nurnberg is going to be a bigger contender here now that it's got the 360 turrets. Also Graf with it's range and hitting power in the right hands is gonna bully cruisers.

Warship wise...it's a tough one...a well spec'd Warspite could dominate, BUT a Fuso is just as good. 

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

what you have essentially said is that the counterplay to smoke (torps and radar) did not contribute to better balance, and unchecked smoke at tier 6 is better.

Actually I wasn't thinking of that at all Puli, and I can't believe it! When it was originally announced that Tier 6 would likely be used for Season 7, my first thought was how awful not having Radar would be. Good catch.

This patch has really almost nothing of interest for me. I have 0 interest in ranked (and really think it should be done away with. The amount of salt it causes is legendary) and most of it just seems to be small improvements and some fixes. Which are still welcomed of course...but....over all, this patch is a major "meh" for me. =/

I agree with the meh feeling. I do have some interest in ranked, I want to rank out this season, but the rest of the patch is a whole big pile of nothing.

[WOLFB]
Members
440 posts
9,792 battles

I'm currently grinding out the 19th point on my Graf Spee captain for the ranked season.

The hype train for T6 ranked has no brakes.

1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

I feel like the Nurnberg is going to be a bigger contender here now that it's got the 360 turrets. Also Graf with it's range and hitting power in the right hands is gonna bully cruisers.

Warship wise...it's a tough one...a well spec'd Warspite could dominate, BUT a Fuso is just as good. 

Also yes, the new and improved Nurnberg is bound to be a real threat. The consistent HE damage and insane AP alpha with fast firing guns is going to be amazing.

In terms of battleships all of them seem like good contenders this season. Except maybe the New Mexico vs the Arizona. 

Sign in to follow this