You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BBsquid

Hood

15 comments in this topic

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

Ive checked the patch notes and didnt see anything but...did they do something to Hood's guns recently? When I first got her, I had some really good (for me) games in her, rolling about 90-95k at match ( I know, weak for many but I call it good with my crap vision and [edited]monitor).

Lately though...I cant get the guns to work for crapand all I do is end up being an xp pinata for the red team. have talked with a few, but was wondering what the general consensus is.

Members
4,203 posts

OP it could be the RNG has change over for you. I know when I got the Warspite I seem not to be able to hit any part of the barn, But now I am hitting more with it and doing more damage.

But I have not heard about any changes to the Hood.

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,470 battles

They have not changed the Hood it's just RNG. To fix the problem you must sacrifice goats to RNGesus.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles

Thanks for the input so far, guys...

Know all about RNGesus but this is just...ridic. Med range, hell even watched 8 rounds sail over the rigging of a near broadside Cleveland at 6km. Killing lots of pixel fish in this boat, I am lately.

Members
4,608 posts

As a BB main, this is nothing new.  Ups and downs and doesn't matter what ship I sail.  Worst was December, couldn't do a thing so I took a week off.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Definitely just you.  Her guns have been a source of frustration for me since I bought her.  Atago in a slow reverse?  aim perfect?  Bracket, no hits.  He speeds up while I reload and get's behind the island, Hail Mary shot.  x3 Citadels and a devastating strike

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
822 posts
17,505 battles

Her guns don't get me started a broadside on Pensacola I'm lucky to get two hits

Edited by yamato6945

Members
652 posts
13,813 battles

I like how people assume that just because the guns aren't behaving they automatically assume the ship got a nerf.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

It's guns are not as powerful good Warspite's and it's a tier higher. I find it's fairly troll where it has the potential to wreck ships and a salvo later get a bunch of disappointing performance.

[TF_34]
Beta Testers
1,499 posts
5,526 battles
On 6/14/2017 at 10:53 AM, MrEndeavour said:

I like how people assume that just because the guns aren't behaving they automatically assume the ship got a nerf.

Nobody assumed anything; I simply asked a question. I have seen a bazillion threads complaining/positing/asking for a slight buff to what many consider needlessly gimped guns. 

When I pulled her out after a hiatus, things seemed significantly different. In retrospect it was probably due to many matches with ships firing much faster shells.

Keep spouting off with less than helpful input like an arrogant little pi*s ant, though. Everybody has to have a niche. 

Members
1,650 posts
13,681 battles
On 6/22/2017 at 2:35 AM, BBsquid said:

Nobody assumed anything; I simply asked a question. I have seen a bazillion threads complaining/positing/asking for a slight buff to what many consider needlessly gimped guns. 

When I pulled her out after a hiatus, things seemed significantly different. In retrospect it was probably due to many matches with ships firing much faster shells.

Keep spouting off with less than helpful input like an arrogant little pi*s ant, though. Everybody has to have a niche. 

wow....take it easy, sister!!....sorry I had to climb in between you two, I'm just stirring the [edited] as usual... ...From the performance of the Hoods I've been up against, I'm not sure what to say about the guns, but the front armor is tight...not worth no $60 or whatever, but I paid for a Tirpitz and a Scharn and I was at least pleasantly surprised w/the Scharn... ...Tirpitz less so, but probably worth it at the time.

...a totally irrelevant pissant addition to the convo. ...and if they edit pissant then so be it. ...I was on a site the other day that auto-censored  "suspicious" and I was baffled until I realized it's because of "spic"... ...then someone pointed out they also censor sophomore and sophomoric because of "[edited]"

know what I say?....    Moby-[edited] to that!!

[WAMMY]
Members
2,811 posts
17,406 battles

Hey

I find the Hood guns to be decent most of the time with averages of 40-60K being norm with a not uncommon game in 70-100K+ game.  One I have had issues with lately has been my Bayern, which used to be a real money maker but lately I can't get that thing to do worth a darn averaging about 20-35K.  I wondered if they changed the sigma on it, like they did with Konig.  For as I'm concerned they need a slight buff in the dispersion of the German BB's.  I find things were good back in the 5.13 patch days.

Pete 

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

I think Hoods guns are great. I can do up to a 30k alpha strike with them and consistently land 6-10k salvos when they hit. I win 66% of my games in her, to be honest I will say that her guns are not her strength as much as her hull and well, how long she is. With that kind of length she can easily get all guns on target with minimal angling.