You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
NickAtMidnite

Buff the Colorado

55 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts
1,317 battles

The Colorado is the worst US bb in the game, i've done 3x more damage on the tier 4 Danae than on the Colorado and I usually do good with bbs.

Edited by NickAtMidnite

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,877 posts
17,623 battles

my Kraken i earned in my Colorado begs to differ with you

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Worse than South Carolina?

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

The Colorado is the worst US bb in the game, i've done 3x more damage on the tier 4 Danae than on the Colorado and I usually do good with bbs.

Stats wise you do about as well in it as the other US BBs.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

it needs more speed and survialbility

She's survivable enough, although her speed is on the bad side. She's good enough. Like I said, it might be the captain and not the ship.

Members
0 posts
1,317 battles

She's survivable enough, although her speed is on the bad side. She's good enough. Like I said, it might be the captain and not the ship.

I told u im usually good with bbs especially with the New Mexico

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles

Don't complain it used to be FAR FAR worse.

Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles

Believe it or not her speed was considered fast for her time and was Standard Naval Doctrine.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

I told u im usually good with bbs especially with the New Mexico

Doesn't mean you're good with the next ship.

Don't complain it used to be FAR FAR worse.

You might want to take that off if you don't want to be reported.

And for in game, I meant. Her speed is not very good for that tier.

Edited by Unabletony

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
8,087 battles

Doesn't mean you're good with the next ship.

You might want to take that off if you don't want to be reported.

And for in game, I meant. Her speed is not very good for that tier.

A fair point, taken care of mind doing the same. It's just that I played the Colorado and did the grind the old fashion way so i know how painful and bad it can be (hell i received a 'God of Salt' tag due to my rants on how bad it is) but right now it doesn't really need a buff and they can't really reasonably buff it. It has better armor than Nagato (although that can be debated), the AA is normal for a tier 7 and you can't buff the speed because she never went faster. So is the Colorado the relative low-point on the US BB line? Yes. But like with the Izumo grind the efforts are worth it, as you get arguably 3 of the top 10 best ships in the game, North Carolina, Iowa and Montana.
Edited by Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,222 battles

A fair point, taken care of mind doing the same. It's just that I played the Colorado and did the grind the old fashion way so i know how painful and bad it can be (hell i received a 'God of Salt' tag due to my rants on how bad it is) but right now it doesn't really need a buff and they can't really reasonably buff it. It has better armor than Nagato (although that can be debated), the AA is normal for a tier 7 and you can't buff the speed because she never went faster. So is the Colorado the relative low-point on the US BB line? Yes. But like with the Izumo grind the efforts are worth it, as you get arguably 3 of the top 10 best ships in the game, North Carolina, Iowa and Montana.

Yes it can be debated. Even if Colorado has slightly better armor Nagato has 65K HP vs just 50K for Colorado which makes Nagato a lot more survivable. Colorado needs about a 5K HP buff. Would be totally reasonable and fair even with the supposed superior heal it has. It's 50,100 HP is a flat our joke. That is the only buff it needs. Speed is horrendous but it is not killing it like the low HP's are and anyone at the ship should be used to slow USN BB's by that point.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[-TLO-]
Members
169 posts
9,551 battles

Colorado is gudbote. Shoot all the things.

Also your winrate in the NM vs. Colorado is within .35%, your average damage is within 4.5k, and both of them are decidedly below the server average.

WG, pls buff captain, is too underpowered.

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Sounds like you need to git gud because I have no issue pumping out 100k damage 1600-2000 base XP games with her. Sure I sucked with her early on (got her on pre-buff, she was pretty bad back then not to mention the old A hull grind) but she is my go to fun ship

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Definitely the worst T7 BB by a sizable margin. Just grind through it and leave it in dust.

Nah Nagato and Gneisenau are worse in my opinion

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

The CO is not terrible. Terrible ships don't succeed in ranked, and I did (it was my only T7 BB, I felt more comfortable in it than the pensi) It's slow, but so is every other USN BB before it. Maneuverability is great. Guns are great. Armor is good. AA is good. It could use more HP, even with the great heal. Aside from that, it's a potent threat. You HAVE to be able to read the map, and plan ahead. Otherwise you end up out of position, alone, and then dead.

I hate to bring up stats, but yours are pretty bad. You have nearly identically bad numbers in the NM and CO. Maybe you need a little more practice with your BBs. Basically, your CO stats are not substantially worse than the rest of your stats. That should tell you something.

Members
652 posts
13,807 battles

I'd say buff the side armor to at least 30mm. Right now both Nagato and Colorado can be overmatched from any angle by 15in+ caliber guns. While Scharnhorst, Gneisenau and Hood have really good upper belts.

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles
1 hour ago, MrEndeavour said:

I'd say buff the side armor to at least 30mm. Right now both Nagato and Colorado can be overmatched from any angle by 15in+ caliber guns. While Scharnhorst, Gneisenau and Hood have really good upper belts.

I don't think armor's the problem with he Colorado, it's just not as idiot-proof as the German tier 7s and the Nagato. It's a good ship and the only flaws in my opinion are that it is too slow and has too little hitpoints.