Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
orangeandblue

What ship to you want to do well in that you struggle with and what's your go to "money" ship?

33 comments in this topic

Members
475 posts
6,507 battles

Of course you want to do well in every ship you play but we all know that's not reality either because of our play style or because of the ships weaknesses and/or not playing to the ships strengths. For me personally, the ship I'm working on that I want to do well in is the Duca D'Aosta. If I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't have bought the ship because it seems to be so dependent on captains skills and I'm only up to 11 in my current captain. My go to money ship is most of my German BB's or my Colorado. Or if I feel like DD'ing then I usually opt for the Fujin with a highly skilled captain if I want to just troll stuff.

So, I'm just curious. Ready, set, go! :)

[COMET]
Members
369 posts
12,536 battles

I struggled in the Udaloi. I refuse to ever play her again. Which is weird because I do okay in the Grozovoi and do well in the Kabab. That being said money ship is the Mo.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I would love to master the Hiryu one day. Been training hard in Co Op and countless Training Rooms, but she just doesn't want to do what I ask her to do.

My go to ship is either the Yuubari because of her accuracy or the Prinz Eugen, both earn Credits in good amounts while being solid ships. 

[CK5]
Members
1,931 posts
23,392 battles

I have struggled to do well in the Myoko.  I simply play the ship worse than I should.  

My go to ship is now the Kutuzov.  I make a lot of credits with it and do a lot of damage. 

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

Working up the USN lines. Hands down the Omaha was my worse ship ever. I actually wish I was doing better in the Cleveland. Ive been doing wonderful in the Farragut. Granted it was over 3 days, but I think I ended up with like 80% wins and a WTR of 1600

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Shimakaze, and Okhotnik.

I used to money grind with Atago and Tirpitz, 700 battles later I stick to Okhotnik.

I want to do better with Shimakaze because I was doing really well with Kagero before she got downtiered, and I was also doing well with the other IJN DDs, I just can't seem to reliably do well with Shimakaze because I'm always either in the wrong part of the map, or I'm up against a triple radar division or a carrier. Kinda sucks.

[RCNW3]
Members
2,002 posts
26,479 battles

Kurfurst - seems to be my hard luck kid -can't win, even when good damage numbers- many bad games, team melting or for some reason the tier 10 CV decides you are his target - on the few wins, blow outs  - seem to bleed credits every game even with premium and running 10% off flag

Money boat Missouri - even bad games get positive credits, racks up damage - 

Edited by Panzer1113

[TDD]
Members
1,236 posts
9,516 battles

i struggle with cruisers... all of them. but i'm trying...god i'm trying

my go too credit printer is Missouri of course. even in a so so game i can get a cool 1/4 million

Members
475 posts
6,507 battles

I've heard Missouri mentioned at least twice for the money ship. I want that ship but earning 750k XP is a struggle. Argh! And I feel for the Omaha captain above...floating citadel.

[VOLT]
[VOLT]
Members
175 posts
38,844 battles

I am all over the board but tend to stick with German BB's Tirp Biz and X Kurfurst - I agree about the RU Kut - Nice guns - just finally got around to building the Cleveland - I am having a blast with the guns on this ship and it's a Plane Killer! OMG - like 20 planes in one game - I used Steven Segal as captain - the voice - I started calling him Mr. Mumbles - too funny - Still like my Iowa - I want to try the Missouri now since someone here chimed in - Fuji is my fun ship - 

Edited by Hans_CC

[WOLF5]
Members
864 posts
10,419 battles

Go to ships are: Atlanta, Yubari, Duca, and The Lenningrad.

I'm not really having issues with any ships ATM but the Ryujo. Sometimes I have a great battle and sometimes my planes whined up in the Bermuda triangle?

Members
1,464 posts
806 battles

I've heard Missouri mentioned at least twice for the money ship. I want that ship but earning 750k XP is a struggle. Argh! And I feel for the Omaha captain above...floating citadel.

I honestly cried. I managed to do so much better against the same ships using the Phoenix. That just doesn't make sense lol

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,377 battles

Fun ship? Clemson. Fujin, and Yubari

Money makers? Kutuzov, Missouri, Tirpitz

Ships I do decently in and would like to do better? Shimakaze

Ships I'd like to do well in but can't make work? Minotaur, Duca, Udaloi

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

i struggle with the north carolina,that shell velocity makes me sick sometimes.

my money ships?dunkerque and any soviet cruiser, kutuzov looks so cheap that i don't want to buy it,maybe that makarov ship will become a nice prem.

[RLGN]
Members
19,120 posts
35,145 battles

Struggle with and want to do well in? None. I've given up on ever trying to do so any more.

Used to think that way about? Atago: above average win rate, wierdly, 26k average damge. North Carolina; always planned to put my original captain from South Carolina in it. Finally got it and it turned out to be a completely useless dud. Bizmark; another ship that turned out to be a dud.

Money ships? Warspite; Wyoming, New Mexico, Fujin and her cousins, Mutsuki, Marblehead.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
823 posts
5,245 battles

Of course you want to do well in every ship you play but we all know that's not reality either because of our play style or because of the ships weaknesses and/or not playing to the ships strengths. For me personally, the ship I'm working on that I want to do well in is the Duca D'Aosta. If I had it to do over again I probably wouldn't have bought the ship because it seems to be so dependent on captains skills and I'm only up to 11 in my current captain. My go to money ship is most of my German BB's or my Colorado. Or if I feel like DD'ing then I usually opt for the Fujin with a highly skilled captain if I want to just troll stuff.

So, I'm just curious. Ready, set, go! :)

I really would like to do better in Duca D'Aosta as well, I feel that this ship and I need some time to work out the kinks and it'll be an amazing relationship. If I want to print some cash, there are many, but at the time I'd roll out Hood, Scharnhorst or Leningrad.

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,099 battles

I'd kill to master the Gneis and the Bismarck. 

My go-to moneyboat is the Scharnhorst. I've mastered her easily. 

[-KWH-]
Members
208 posts
8,252 battles

I do really well in Bismarck and Tirpitz, but I just cannot win games with them.  I'm at a loss as to why.  I do well in all my other German BBs, and right now I'm killing it in USN BBs, but for whatever reason, I can't buy a win in Bismarck or Tirpitz.

Go-to money ships are Scharnhorst, Tirpitz, and at the moment, Bama and Mo.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

any ship I struggle with,  I just need to take time off for couple month and play something else, then when I come back.  I usually do much better. In general though, I am avoiding lot of my t5 premiums and indianapolis.  

[-TLO-]
Members
169 posts
9,551 battles

Struggling to figure out the purpose of the Molotov and haven't touched it recently, because if a sailor on the deck sneezes too hard, the entire ship gets blown out of the water.

I'll regularly turn to the Tirpitz & Alabama for credits. When I can get some perma-camo on my Monty, or have enough money to buy back my perma-camo Iowa, I'll probably use that for credits.

Members
86 posts
17,308 battles

Struggle with Atlanta and her gun arcs and 11 km range but man is it fun, 14 shot salvos every 3 seconds.

Bank ship would be Kutuzov, boring gameplay, usually sit way back and pummel at long range but sure is efficient and profitable.

Edited by Jupitus

[CAFE]
Members
394 posts
11,074 battles

Struggles: Khab, Yamato.

Comfortable ships: USN DDs, Montana, Udaloi.

Ship I sail to murder anything and have a blast doing it: Farragut.

Sign in to follow this