Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Jakajan

Would you all like to see a Premium Kongo?

20 comments in this topic

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

If not, what would it take to make you want to buy a Premium Kongo?

Personally I would like to see either

A: Just a premium Kongo, would like to run her sometime with my Yamato captain, and no I do not want to train an ARP captain.

B: T4 Kongo with thinner armor, but torpedo tubes like Mutsu had. Think 1920's Kongo.

Or possibly

C: Basically a premium Kongo but give it the New York treatment, make it 2 knots slower, give it some better anti air firepower or a pinch thicker armor or something like that.

She could be named Hei or Kirishima or Haruna if that matters, but just make her a little bit different and sell her. I would buy her.

Edited by Jakajan

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

There's already 5 Kongous and Myoukous in the game..

I'm going to have to shoot this idea down.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

I'll second that and would opt instead for a premium Nagato. Great ship, make it even better.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Not everyone has the Arpeggio Kongos, and those aren't proper premiums anyways. Having Haruna with her 12 DP guns and 108 25mm cannons would be fun, a la Texas. 

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,839 battles

Having Haruna with her 12 DP guns and 108 25mm cannons would be fun, a la Texas

I'd go for that :great:

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

Yes.  Hell yes.  No stupid dreadnought hull/stock hull drama.  Ishizuchi sufficiently takes care of that and is now doing much better with the buffs she got.

I'd buy all 3 as a T5 set of Kongou sisters; Kongou, Kirishima, and Haruna, with no fancy Premium gimmicks like special consumables; just straight sister ship hulls with more AA and HP.

Now if WG wanted to be novel with them, Kongou and Haruna could even be uptiered to T6 with their full outfits (slightly more AA/HP/armor), better accuracy, and longer secondary ranges in compensation (instead of selectively cutting off certain AA mounts), to specialize them.

T6 Kongou - Buff the main gun accuracy, buff the secondary range to 7km when fully spec'd, and add more HP based on her increased weight.

Notable Difference from Hiei (T5 representative):  More self-defense AA, more DPs, less casemates

T6 Haruna - Extend secondary range to 9km fully spec'd, buff secondary accuracy, and add more HP based on her increased weight.

Notable Difference from Kongou:   Less casemates, more DPs, less AA than Kongou

T5 Kirishima - More or less to Hiei what Texas is to New York, but with a bit more HP based on increased weight.

Notable Difference from Hiei (T5 representative):  Same casemates as Hiei in-game, same DP mounts, but more AA

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Yes.  Hell yes.  No stupid dreadnought hull/stock hull drama.  Ishizuchi sufficiently takes care of that and is now doing much better with the buffs she got.

I'd buy all 3 as a T5 set of Kongou sisters; Kongou, Kirishima, and Haruna, with no fancy Premium gimmicks like special consumables; just straight sister ship hulls with more AA and HP.

Now if WG wanted to be novel with them, Kongou and Haruna could even be uptiered to T6 with their full outfits (slightly more AA/HP/armor), better accuracy, and longer secondary ranges in compensation (instead of selectively cutting off certain AA mounts), to specialize them.

T6 Kongou - Buff the main gun accuracy, buff the secondary range to 7km when fully spec'd, and add more HP based on her increased weight.

Notable Difference from Hiei (T5 representative):  More self-defense AA, more DPs, less casemates

T6 Haruna - Extend secondary range to 9km fully spec'd, buff secondary accuracy, and add more HP based on her increased weight.

T5 Kirishima - More or less to Hiei what Texas is to New York, but with a bit more HP based on increased weight.

Notable Difference from Hiei (T5 representative):  Same casemates as Hiei in-game, same DP mounts, but more AA

Mm. I don't think a ship with 9km secondary range would be good at tier 6, mainly because manual secondaries don't work yet, so speccing into it would be a bit pointless, even with a buff. 

Also, it should be noted that I believe only Haruna had extra dual purpose guns. All the others had eight.

Edited by SergeantHop

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

.... I wouldn't buy it tho there might be some who would .....

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

Not for me thanks, got enough Kongos in my port. Though I imagine she would have plently of takers for a premium.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,839 battles

Not for me thanks, got enough Kongos in my port. Though I imagine she would have plently of takers for a premium.

Don't get me wrong, I have all the ARPs too, but as much as I use them fairly regularly, they can't retrain my real IJN captains.

Alpha Tester
2,552 posts

I sorely miss Kongo's A hull which depicted her original battlecruiser appearance. Now if only WG could bring it back as a premium. I know we have Ishizuchi but that's a paper design. Kongo as she was originally built would be preferable.

• Cool 1

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

Yeah! I mean I look at my ARP kongos in port. Sigh and realize I can't have the camo bonuses. I recognize that my New York is the better ship. I roll my eyes, suck it up and take the slower boat. Much as I want to run my Battlecruiser.

Yeah, maybe I could and or should train a separate Kongo captain, but that seems like too much hassle for a once in a while ship.

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

I think first we should get the Kongou to look like the Kongou, not the Hiei

• Cool 1

Members
333 posts
10,811 battles

Well considering I love the sisters I'd be all for it. As long as each has just a little something to make them different from each other.

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

We don't need it. 

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,316 battles

​What happens to Fuso in your scenario above if you move Kongo to T6? I assume you mean to move it to T6 as the standard BB vs having a standard T5 Kongo and a Premium T6 Kongo at the sae time. Eliminate Fuso?
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

​What happens to Fuso in your scenario above if you move Kongo to T6? I assume you mean to move it to T6 as the standard BB vs having a standard T5 Kongo and a Premium T6 Kongo at the sae time. Eliminate Fuso?

T6 Kongou would be Kongou as she was in her final days with T6-T7 level AA and altered secondary loadout (the additional DPs, loss of some casemates, and additional short-range AA), and would be a Premium.  Same goes for Haruna (same DPs and casemates as Kongou, but less short-range AA).  The in-game Kongou representative is Hiei, who sank earier than the other sisters and thus didn't get the same level of upgrades to her AA/secondaries.  Kirishima would remain T5; since the only real advantage she has over Hiei (the in-game T5 Kongou representative) is more short to medium range AA.  So Kirishima would be to Hiei what Texas is to NY; a BB with more AA than her line-counterpart, but said AA is mainly medium and short range.

Fusou would remain Fusou at T6, and hopefully her sister Yamashiro would come in at T6 as well, being to Fuso what Texas was to NY also; near-identical sister ship with different firing arcs and more AA over her line counterpart.  In this case, Yamashiro didn't get the same reversing of her 3rd gun turret; so she'd have 4 aft-facing turrets and only 2 bow-facing turrets, but far more AA.  On the attack, she'd be weaker than Fuso, unable to bring 6 guns into play at minor angles, only 4 of them, but in a running defensive battle, she can play a running battle using 8 guns towards the aft with minor angles.

Members
604 posts
8,367 battles

a fully upgraded Haruna at T6 sounds good for me (need to fit her with the black and white stripe camo on the turret tho)

Members
784 posts
62 battles

I sorely miss Kongo's A hull which depicted her original battlecruiser appearance. Now if only WG could bring it back as a premium. I know we have Ishizuchi but that's a paper design. Kongo as she was originally built would be preferable.

+1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,167 posts
30,915 battles

I wouldn't be happy with a Premium IJN Tier V BB ATM.

1.  Tier V is in a bad spot with the current MM.

2.  There is Tier VI Premium Mutsu.

3.  I'd rather see a Tier VIII IJN Premium BB.  I dunno about upcoming Tier VII Ashitaka "Stock Amagi," I'm getting bad Mutsu vibes.

4.  There are already a whole slew of ARP Kongo-class.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this