Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArnoldSchoenberg

What to do with Free XP after getting Missouri?

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,247 posts
6,540 battles

Unless you have every single ship in the game, you can use it to help unlocking upgrades or new ships.

I doubt we'll have a new Free XP ship before a while. The Missouri was added as a long term goal to the game and it hasn't been there for very long. Most casual players (and even a lot of not so casual ones) are not even close to getting it, so I don't think they'll add a new one soon.

[ARPOG]
-Members-
870 posts
11,070 battles

Well I have 1 million saved up after getting Missouri. Currently I'm just praying that Musashi or Kitakami will be introduced a similar way.

Members
5,450 posts
21,054 battles

After I got my Mighty Mo in March I've just been banking the Free Xp. Above 350k I think. 

I'm not doing anything with it until I have over 1 million so if they offer another ship like the Show Me the Money I'll be ready for it. 

This plan does make grinding ships above T8 a bit painful lol. 

[HELLS]
Members
2,970 posts
39,956 battles

Been up to 175,000 free XP a couple of times but Missouri is not a priority for me, so I used some of mine upgraded the Bismarck that I just won to make it a little easier to work with with the quirky main armament dispersion that is has. RNGesus is not kind to the Biz beyond 12 km! I await the RN BBs and DDs, and it may take longer than you think! Use it. That is what it is for. If ships are not a priority you can speed your captains skills up a lot quicker rather than grinding them like we were obliged to do before they gave us the option to use free XP for promoting captain skills. Since I know I will need about 300,000 free XP to upgrade my T10s (Minotaur, Des Moines, Montana) when I actually get them, that is what I am focused on just now. It is a matter of personal preference.

Edited by GrandAdmiral_2016

Members
509 posts
14,519 battles

Got mine last weekend.  Was great and fun to get her, haven't played her yet.  Just building my free exp like I always do on x2/x3 bonus weekends.  Farm them with my flags.

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

save for horrid A hulls, and new lines. im currently starting my saving for RN BB line, since i just got my MO im only at 20K FXP, but its adding up pretty fast. my goal is 100-200K FXP, then start using it to help in my grind for gearing or Kahbervosk (not sure which one i want to go for first, though i am closer to khab right now)

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I've saved up bit over 600k  free xp.  I've heard that they are working on another freexp  bote and I am wondering which ship it will be.     I also have 8mil or so convertable XP, but not planning on converting any . :D(short of winning a lotto) 

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

I worked for months upon months to earn the free exp the hard way to get the MO.  Then at that last second with nearly 700k free exp saved up, I changed my mind.  I suck in BBs and simply don't enjoy them, so I got a Moskva instead!

However, if I had a MO, I would just ignore the exp on it.  If nothing else, good exp means you are earning good captain exp.  Assuming your captain is at 19 points, that elite captain exp is really useful.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,859 posts
30,564 battles

You can also upgrade captains with free xp. Personally I would hang on to it for a while unless you are in desperate need of upgrading a ship or captain. You never know if they are going to release another ship purchasable with xp like the Big Mo. 

Beta Testers
318 posts
11,933 battles

I figure they'll put out another boat eventually for free exp so I'm just going to sit on mine. I don't mind the stock grinds to much on anything that isn't a cv. That and the 100% camo's make the stock grinds pretty quick.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I have lots of Elite ships to use for exp earning tho I have to spend doubloons to convert to free exp.

This is what I do to get the tech tree line ships I want & to get the better modules. I still grind exp too, btw.

I have a few 'grinds' to go yet & there will be others to come like the Brit BBs, for one, lol.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I have enough for the Mo, but I'm holding mine for the next ship.

It seems like I remember a q&a mentioning the Mo wasn't the last.

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
1,257 posts
12,077 battles

Another "I have a Mo" Brag post.

Srsly, If you don't know how to use free XP, check to ensure you're playing the correct game for you.

The follow up post to this one will be:

I have 10 ships

I only play 10 ships

All 10 Captains have 19 points

What do I do with l33t CMDR XP?

Edited by madgiecool

Members
62 posts

Shall I hoard Free XP for a future ship like Missouri?

That's what I've been doing. 

There's always those persistent rumors Musashi will be a Missouri-like free xp premium, and well, it can't hurt to be ready.

Edited by Smeggles

[DAMP]
In AlfaTesters, In AlfaTesters
2,688 posts
14,166 battles

If you are like me and pretty much have all the ships then save it for future lines as they are introduced. You will be able to skip those stock grinds by being able to research all the modules and thus making them more pleasant to play as soon as you purchase them.

Sign in to follow this