Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
aethervox

New Tier 4 & 5 Carriers

12 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I did some research on what other low tier Carriers could be introduced into WoWS.

There are five new candidates which I list along with the equivalent Jpn & US tier 4s & 5s.

The factors I list are;

Name,  Nation,  Commission Year, Speed, F - TB - DB,  Plane total, Tier & notes

Hosho             Jpn      1922        **             1 - 2 - 0         **          T4       ** game parameters

Langley            US      1922       **       1 - 1 - 1               **          T4      ** game parameters

Argus               UK      1927*      20          ? - ? - ?           15-18      T3     * various commission dates, used a spotter squadron & low # of planes, hence 2 squadrons total only

Bearn               Fra     1927        21.5       1 - 2? - 0        35-40       T4      possibly 2 TBs?, spotters?

Bogue              US      1942       **              **                  **           T5       ** game parameters

Zuiho               Jpn      1940       28             **                  **           T5      ** game parameters

Ark Royal          UK     1937        30          1 - 2 - 1(2)*     50-60      T5      * often carried up to 5 Squadrons

Aquila               Ita      1941        30          2 - 0 - 2           51          T5

Graf Zeppelin  Ger     1938        33.8       1 - 0 - 3*           42         T5     * 1939 loadout plan

* Players may speculate at what tier some of these alternate & single example Carriers should be -  T4 & T5 are my suggestions.

If there was ever a tier 3 offered for Carriers, the Argus might better fit there along with two other Carriers I found;

Dedalo            Sp       1922        10          0 - 0 - 0?           20           T3   ? types

Giuseppe

Maraglia          Ita        1927        21         0 - 0 - 0?           17            T3   ?types

I am sure there could be other T3 Carriers (Jpn, UK, US, etc) with 2 squadrons of planes comprising a choice of a: F?, TB?, DB? & '1S' (spotter/seaplane, which would have to be taken).

[SOUP]
Members
9,391 posts

Spotter squadrons would be a neat feature, but we'd have to wait on WG's go-ahead for them. A lot of stuff to ponder about how they would work

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

TY for your quick reply, Chobittsu.

Spotter planes would work just like Carrier planes do now. You would plan their flight to wherever on the map you wanted them. The only thing is they wouldn't be able to attack anything, just 'spot'.

1 spotter & 1 other plane type for some offensive capability.

If a 2 squadron Carrier loses all of its planes, the Carrier then reverts to a Capper or a Rammer as might happen in games now.

Pretty easy, really,  to institute Carrier Spotter planes if WoWS introduces them.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

I don't think Ark Royal (ii)Aquila or Graf Zeppelin are tier V material. 

Or indeed that Bearn is tier IV material. 

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

They are my suggestions only - I state that clearly.

If you disagree, 'Awesome', fine.

How about 'you' give us your idea what tier these particular carriers should be then?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,540 battles

I love the idea of adding spotter planes to CV's especially if you could control them. Great idea Aethervox. I wish I knew more about carriers (historically speaking) to add something more helpful. Just generally would like to see a tier 3 carrier, preferably one for the tech tree, not a premium and at least one carrier for the Russians, Germans, Italians, etc who probably won't have a tech tree available due to lack of ships (in real life or on paper). From what I have read on Wiki, it looks like not only the Brits but the French should be able to manage a tech tree of carriers. Anyways love the ideas you are putting out there, hopefully someone from Wargaming will peruse your offerings and make it happen!

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Bumping this to get it with a couple new CV threads.

[POI--]
Members
190 posts
2,183 battles

A folding wings version of the Re.2001 was being designed when the Armistice struck, and that would have been used to give the Aquila a 66-planes air wing. Together with her 30 knots, 70mm vertical armor, and 80mm deck armor, it would be a bit better than Ryujo - T6 at least, likely T7.

Members
1,482 posts
2,386 battles

Interesting ideas. I don't know if I should be sacred or excited with how bad CV balance has been lately at the thought of non IJN and USN CVs coming to WoWs. lol.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
1 hour ago, HBZK100 said:

Interesting ideas. I don't know if I should be sacred or excited with how bad CV balance has been lately at the thought of non IJN and USN CVs coming to WoWs. lol.

If the present premium CV fiasco is any guide to go by, I'd say you ought to be scared as WoWS seems to be all over the place on this issue.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles
On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:06 AM, mr3awsome said:

TY, upon re-examination of the data, Bearn could be T5 (probably the best fit), Aquila definitely T6. Graf Zeppelin  - T6 w the 42/43 planes (or stuffed full of them, 70+ then T7, T8 is still the farce stretch).

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles
On 6/10/2017 at 11:00 AM, Chobittsu said:

Spotter squadrons would be a neat feature, but we'd have to wait on WG's go-ahead for them. A lot of stuff to ponder about how they would work

Having player controlled spotters would be nice.

Sign in to follow this