Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Crusader1313_

USS NC

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

17,270
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

For me, I first got NC back around the time of WoWS's launch in 2015.  Back before Colorado had her buffs, back when the Match Maker used to have +/-3 tiers, not the 2 that it is now.  So yes, I sailed Stock, pre-buffed Trolorado when she used to see Yamato, pre-nerf Midway, pre-nerf Shimakaze & IJN torps, Zao, Gearing, Montana, etc.  It was a very bad time in that ship and it's taking a while for me to salvage her stats.

 

Which made getting NC so much nicer back then after the nightmare that was old Trolorado.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
269
[KRAK]
Members
1,946 posts
19,352 battles

I like mine at the B hull state (A hull hit less hard, ammo was ineffective for some reason), captain has AFT, BFT, EM, EL, and PT (11 pt). Also have propulsion module and concealment module. Her looks were really overhauled, looks like sailing a real museum scale model now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles

I want to like my NC, but i just cant. While its a good ship overall, with decent speed, very tank when bow on and really good AA, those guns are just terrible, that rainbow shell arc makes impossible to hit targets at mid-long ranges.

 

I mean, Amagi guns are fantastic, they can one shot targets at any range. Bis/Tirp gus while not fantastic they have flat arcs, so its hard to get citadels but you can reliable hit the target, for normal/over pens. But NC guns are just terrible due to those horrible shell arcs. I hate to say that, but right now IMO NC is the worst T8 BB.

Edited by Xlap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,270
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
6 hours ago, Xlap said:

I want to like my NC, but i just cant. While its a good ship overall, with decent speed, very tank when bow on and really good AA, those guns are just terrible, that rainbow shell arc makes impossible to hit targets at mid-long ranges.

 

I mean, Amagi guns are fantastic, they can one shot targets at any range. Bis/Tirp gus while not fantastic they have flat arcs, so its hard to get citadels but you can reliable hit the target, for normal/over pens. But NC guns are just terrible due to those horrible shell arcs. I hate to say that, but right now IMO NC is the worst T8 BB.

The very first thing you have to learn about NC's guns is you need to get closer.  15km+ salvos can be very tricky.  Some NC / Alabama users get very proficient at it with range but it's not easy due to the floaty shells.  Get closer and I promise you it gets a lot better.

 

Amagi, Nagato are very proficient in the intermediate or longer range.  German 15" guns are unreliable unless you get closer and even then they don't have the power of US AP.  Get closer.  If a Bismarck wants to get closer for secondaries, LET THEM.  Because then your powerful 16"/45 AP will barely miss and they take good chunks off.  When the shells hit, the feel and effects on the target are satisfying.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
2 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

The very first thing you have to learn about NC's guns is you need to get closer.  15km+ salvos can be very tricky.  Some NC / Alabama users get very proficient at it with range but it's not easy due to the floaty shells.  Get closer and I promise you it gets a lot better.

 

Amagi, Nagato are very proficient in the intermediate or longer range.  German 15" guns are unreliable unless you get closer and even then they don't have the power of US AP.  Get closer.  If a Bismarck wants to get closer for secondaries, LET THEM.  Because then your powerful 16"/45 AP will barely miss and they take good chunks off.  When the shells hit, the feel and effects on the target are satisfying.

Yep, is really hard to hit something past 15km. But that is the probem, most of the battles you just cant get closer. With the current snipping meta is hard to do that.  If NC is top tier you can be more agressive and push foward into mid ranges, but if you are botton tier (most of the times) is really hard to find a opening to get closer without get killed.

 

I feel that USN bbs are out of place in the current game. IJN rules at mid-long ranges and german rules at mid-short ranges. I have Amagi, Bismarck and Tirpitz and for me they are all better than NC. Ill keep grinding my NC until i get Iowa, i just hope the guns are better than NC guns, if not ill just drop the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
77 posts
28,732 battles

Xlap,

I have found Iowa guns to be slightly more efficient over NorCal; however.... Iowa feels like you are handling a tractor, and a NorCal is a coupe (to me, anyways). In NorCal, I felt confident in using my rear turrets without fearing an insta death. In Iowa... every time I've tried it... citadel spam. 

NorCal was a blast for me (I really loved Colorado, and NorCal felt like an appropriate step up in regards to speed, armor, health, guns, etc). Iowa, however... Iowa feels completely different all around. yes, the guns are better, but I feel like very squishy in her, vs when i drove NorCal. The citadel lowering did help, but I still refuse to show more than 20 degrees of angle to any BB in a match, just because I know I will soon lose massive amounts of health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17,270
[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles
16 hours ago, Xlap said:

Yep, is really hard to hit something past 15km. But that is the probem, most of the battles you just cant get closer. With the current snipping meta is hard to do that.  If NC is top tier you can be more agressive and push foward into mid ranges, but if you are botton tier (most of the times) is really hard to find a opening to get closer without get killed.

 

I feel that USN bbs are out of place in the current game. IJN rules at mid-long ranges and german rules at mid-short ranges. I have Amagi, Bismarck and Tirpitz and for me they are all better than NC. Ill keep grinding my NC until i get Iowa, i just hope the guns are better than NC guns, if not ill just drop the line.

I found that when NC / Alabama are top tier, it's much more easy to get in their ideal gun ranges.  Those Tier VI-VII ships need to get closer.  But IX-X matches, EVERYTHING shoots further.  In a way you have to be patient like the German BBs.

 

If you want a better intermediate, long range shooter in the USN BB line, Iowa / Missouri, Montana with APRM2 in the 3rd upgrade slot are solid choices.  The dispersion gets better and you get stronger 16"/50 shells.  There's a bit of float to them but it doesn't feel pronounced as it did in the Tier VIII US BBs.  You'll also have good stealth builds as an option, Tier VIII+ USN BBs are the stealthiest BBs in those tiers, so it makes repositioning easier.  NC with stealth build is still the best out there with 11.8km.  Alabama, Iowa are around low 12km.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,299
[VCRUZ]
Members
4,049 posts
9,180 battles
3 hours ago, Azarath_Deathwing said:

Xlap,

I have found Iowa guns to be slightly more efficient over NorCal; however.... Iowa feels like you are handling a tractor, and a NorCal is a coupe (to me, anyways). In NorCal, I felt confident in using my rear turrets without fearing an insta death. In Iowa... every time I've tried it... citadel spam. 

NorCal was a blast for me (I really loved Colorado, and NorCal felt like an appropriate step up in regards to speed, armor, health, guns, etc). Iowa, however... Iowa feels completely different all around. yes, the guns are better, but I feel like very squishy in her, vs when i drove NorCal. The citadel lowering did help, but I still refuse to show more than 20 degrees of angle to any BB in a match, just because I know I will soon lose massive amounts of health. 

 

About Iowa handling like a tractor i feel the same about my Izumo, its often better to just fortget you have a third turret and just use the two foward. I hope the Iowa guns are better as you said.

 

About NC and Colorado we couldnt be more defferent, i really hated Colorado, for me is a T6 BB up on T7 that was uptiered just for to fill a hole in USN BB line. The ship was too slow for a T7 BB, what makes you a easy target and the guns have the same rainbow shell arcs that NC have. While i dont hate NC i feels its the worst T8 BB so far, its a great improvment over CO but still bellow the other T8 IMHO.

 

57 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I found that when NC / Alabama are top tier, it's much more easy to get in their ideal gun ranges.  Those Tier VI-VII ships need to get closer.  But IX-X matches, EVERYTHING shoots further.  In a way you have to be patient like the German BBs.

 

If you want a better intermediate, long range shooter in the USN BB line, Iowa / Missouri, Montana with APRM2 in the 3rd upgrade slot are solid choices.  The dispersion gets better and you get stronger 16"/50 shells.  There's a bit of float to them but it doesn't feel pronounced as it did in the Tier VIII US BBs.  You'll also have good stealth builds as an option, Tier VIII+ USN BBs are the stealthiest BBs in those tiers, so it makes repositioning easier.  NC with stealth build is still the best out there with 11.8km.  Alabama, Iowa are around low 12km.

 

Agree, when NC is top tier you can easily fight around 10-15km, and there NC shines, the guns hit like a truck and the arcs dont really matter to much. But as botton tier you havelots o fights around 15-20 km and there the bad shell arcs realy hurt NC. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×