Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mormon_Tabernacle_Choir

Umm Yeah

7 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,171 posts
10,685 battles

The Izumo has got to the the worst Tier 9 in the game, if not one of the worst BB's I have ever played. Her Dispersion is horrendous, if with modules, and when I happen to get a hit its nothing but overpen after overpen after overpen, on every single ship even BB's! This ship has some of the worst RNG I have ever seen, and I loved the Nagato, which right now, is a hell of a lot better. 

Edited by RacerDemon

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

I've heard Izumo is a good case for others and not so much for others. I think some very good Izumo players will respond..

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,308 battles

I hope for this to be not true because it will be my next IJN BB.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

As someone who did decently with Izumo, she's not that bad, but certainly not a good or comfortable ship to play. By biggest problem with her was just how flat out uncomfortable she felt with her horrible turret layout, requiring you show a large amount of broadside if you want to get all 9 guns to bear, and having no way to fire directly behind you is big weakness. She wasn't the worst ship I played, but it was not a fun grind. Plus she's ugly.

Alpha Tester
1,171 posts
10,685 battles

As someone who did decently with Izumo, she's not that bad, but certainly not a good or comfortable ship to play. By biggest problem with her was just how flat out uncomfortable she felt with her horrible turret layout, requiring you show a large amount of broadside if you want to get all 9 guns to bear, and having no way to fire directly behind you is big weakness. She wasn't the worst ship I played, but it was not a fun grind. Plus she's ugly.

I am sure she is a good is some hands... i have the monty and lover her and do well in her....just cant play the izumo if my life depended on it. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I am sure she is a good is some hands... i have the monty and lover her and do well in her....just cant play the izumo if my life depended on it. 

You have to keep enemies at range, she has a massive turning circle and is just sluggish overall. Just stay bow on and angle as much as possible in her. If there are CVs in the game, hug a DM or something with better AA than you, because CVs can and will [edited] you.

[14A41]
Beta Testers
167 posts
11,129 battles

The Izumo has got to the the worst Tier 9 in the game, if not one of the worst BB's I have ever played. Her Dispersion is horrendous, if with modules, and when I happen to get a hit its nothing but overpen after overpen after overpen, on every single ship even BB's! This ship has some of the worst RNG I have ever seen, and I loved the Nagato, which right now, is a hell of a lot better. 

I had this problem with her as well, despite some telling me it's quite accurate, yet I was always watching the shells just scatter all over the place and barely hitting anything, and getting lots of overpens, but eventually the RNG stopped trolling me so excessively.

Also one thing that I noticed was the fact that the high shell velocity was causing me to often misjudge the aim.

I hated this ship with a passion for roughly half the grind towards Yamato, but then I guess I got used to it and started performing better and even grown to actually like her. I ended up playing quite aggressively whenever possible. Izumo makes a great drive-by ship with her turret traverse :teethhappy:

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Can't say I hate her but can say it's the worst grind in the game. Long, long, LONG grind when you're not playing premium. 

Sign in to follow this