Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
goldeagle1123

There are now 62,346 more Bismarcks in WoWs.

28 comments in this topic

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

The campaign has ended, and the stats are in. 

Edit: and yes, there are actually 62,346 more in-excluding people who already had it. As you can see from the stats, 94,199 completed the campaign, but only 62,346 Bismarck were issued.

More%20Bismarcks_zpszrpkxejc.jpg

Stolen from Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/6g8p4e/there_are_now_623k_more_bismarck_ships_ingame/

Edited by goldeagle1123

Wiki Editor
798 posts

*whistles*

I see 62, 346 satisfied captains

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

It just means that now is a good time to play Bismarck counters.

Bismarck counters.

F***.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,836 battles

Ya, but that stat could include the number of Bismarcks that were converted to credits because the winners already owned a Bismarck.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Ya, but that stat could include the number of Bismarcks that were converted to credits because the winners already owned a Bismarck.

this

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,539 battles

I thought the same thing until I saw that 94k people got the achievement and yet only 62k new Bismarcks in the game. I suppose that means that the 32k difference is the people who already owned the ship. Just my ponder on it, could be wrong. 

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

A bad precedent has been set.

Just wait till WoWS does the same thing to another highly desirable regular tech tree line ship.

What a complete FARCE.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,539 battles

A bad precedent has been set.

Just wait till WoWS does the same thing to another highly desirable regular tech tree line ship.

What a complete FARCE.

I kind of agree with this, IMHO it wasn't about getting the ship, it was more to getting the free camouflages just like the Graf Spee campaigns. All the tech tree ships offered there were well in reach of the entire player base (including PvE potatoes like me). Without the inclusion of the camos the campaign rewards would be silly. 

Members
4,608 posts

I admit, I was only a few thousand away from the Bismarck, then decided why continue to grind when I could get it with a free port slot.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Well I got to finish my Gneisenau grind early.

[CTHLU]
Beta Testers
51 posts
9,166 battles

I've definitely enjoyed getting my Bismarck.  Particularly since I'd gotten stuck on the Kaiser and had little initiative to push onward.

(And no, I'm not That Noob Person playing Bismarck in Randoms with a 1-point captain and no idea how to drive her.  Between Scharnhorst and Graf Spee, I have some decent German captains and a modest knowledge of playing German battleships.)

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

My favorite is the 9min collection completion lol, a race to see who can whip out the wallet the fastest.

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

*whistles*

*Has 'Nam flashback to Reynauld from Darkest Dungeon stealing all the loot from curios*

Members
343 posts
6,782 battles

I don't want to complain too loudly about "free stuff", but this campaign was a bit of a let-down for anyone who already had a Bismark. I finished it, but did so mainly to get the camo. Otherwise, there's not much reward for a lot of time spent. Sure, I got a bunch of credits for the extra, unused collection pieces and a port slot (I already had 3 or 4 open ones) but the weirdest "prize" was the One Point Captain.

I mean, really WG? If I needed a captain, I could just recruit a new one, pay a few measly credits and get one that's not really any different. A new three point captain will cost you all of a whopping 10 doubloons! IMHO, they should have made it a 10 (or even 6) point captain and it would have felt much more like a reward.

I do like the idea of future events like this with the ultimate reward being a ship, even if it's a tech tree ship. They just need to work a little on the rewards for those that already own the grand prize.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

lot of bismarck potatoes  :P  oh well,   should bring the average down  :D

Members
1,019 posts
8,525 battles

That is what I was thinking.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,850 posts
30,539 battles

I don't want to complain too loudly about "free stuff", but this campaign was a bit of a let-down for anyone who already had a Bismark. I finished it, but did so mainly to get the camo. Otherwise, there's not much reward for a lot of time spent. Sure, I got a bunch of credits for the extra, unused collection pieces and a port slot (I already had 3 or 4 open ones) but the weirdest "prize" was the One Point Captain.

I mean, really WG? If I needed a captain, I could just recruit a new one, pay a few measly credits and get one that's not really any different. A new three point captain will cost you all of a whopping 10 doubloons! IMHO, they should have made it a 10 (or even 6) point captain and it would have felt much more like a reward.

I do like the idea of future events like this with the ultimate reward being a ship, even if it's a tech tree ship. They just need to work a little on the rewards for those that already own the grand prize.

I agree, the 1 point captain really made me laugh out loud when I saw that. Not even sure why they listed that, was just so silly. I was lucky, didn't own the ship and when I got her, plopped a 12 point captain in her that I had hanging in reserve. I think he was my Konigsberg captain left over from when I was stupid and had a captain for every ship including premiums. Anyways with you on awarding at LEAST a three point captain, anything less seems ridiculous. A 10 point captain would be a great reward.

Edited by Taylor3006

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

I agree, the 1 point captain really made me laugh out loud when I saw that. Not even sure why they listed that, was just so silly. I was lucky, didn't own the ship and when I got her, plopped a 12 point captain in her that I had hanging in reserve. I think he was my Konigsberg captain left over from when I was stupid and had a captain for every ship including premiums. Anyways with you on awarding at LEAST a three point captain, anything less seems ridiculous. A 10 point captain would be a great reward.

They should give "Captain trainer passes" or w/e.  You could use it on any captains you already have to boost their XP as a one shot deal.  Maybe a free +1 level or something.  It still wouldn't be an instantaneous level 10, but in my case that's skill12 to skill13.  A nice upgrade.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,141 posts
30,906 battles

[imagines Bismarck's lower stats in the near future]

BISMARCK IS UP!  SHE NEEDS BUFFS!

Sign in to follow this