Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RivertheRoyal

Yuro presents: The Hood.

36 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

oh interesting.

one of my really bad paint pictures made it into a video :D

wows%20crossing%20T_zpsk89dfzpw.png

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

this one was a bit meh 

not sure if I would ever take PT on a BB

He's not wrong in that there's literally no other T1 skill that's viable for the Hood.  Reduced AP autobounce and lower fuze arm time means they're better at wrecking light ships that normal battleships would switch to HE to effectively deal with, which rules out Expert Loader.  Over half of the T1 skills are carrier-related as well, and Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft is meaningless since Hood doesn't have a catapult.  Incoming Fire Alert is worthless for a BB - which shouldn't be camping at a distance where it's effective and shouldn't be relying on that to angle against incoming fire (largely because it's too slow).

Preventative Maintenance is the only other viable option, but BB turrets are very hard to knock out anyways and the skill doesn't affect AA/secondary guns.

oh interesting.

one of my really bad paint pictures made it into a video :D

I also noticed that over half (all but 2 - too lazy to count and do math @tm) of the whine threads he snipped are from the NA forums.  Shows a lot about what the rest of the worldwide WoWS community thinks about this place...

Edited by TenguBlade

[MPIRE]
Banned
1,662 posts
27,586 battles

this one was a bit meh 

why wouldn't you?

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

He's not wrong in that there's literally no other T1 skill that's viable for the Hood.  Reduced AP autobounce and lower fuze arm time means they're better at wrecking light ships that normal battleships would switch to HE to effectively deal with, which rules out Expert Loader.  Over half of the T1 skills are carrier-related as well, and Direction Center for Catapult Aircraft is meaningless since Hood doesn't have a catapult.  Incoming Fire Alert is worthless for a BB - which shouldn't be camping at a distance where it's effective and shouldn't be relying on that to angle against incoming fire (largely because it's too slow).

Preventative Maintenance is the only other viable option, but BB turrets are very hard to knock out anyways and the skill doesn't affect AA/secondary guns.

I also noticed that over half (all but 2 - too lazy to count and do math @tm) of the whine threads he snipped are from the NA forums.  Shows a lot about what the rest of the worldwide WoWS community thinks about this place...

It is one of the more active forums.

Have you seen the asia forums? It is quite dead in there.

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

It is one of the more active forums.

Have you seen the asia forums? It is quite dead in there.

Well, didn't we whine hard enough to finally get our high tier BB's buffed? 

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Thanks River!

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

It lacked the Torpedobeats, but other than that it was on point as usual.

Edited by SireneRacker

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Well, didn't we whine hard enough to finally get our high tier BB's buffed? 

NA forums was also this...

alabamalol_zpsqocr3tby.jpg

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

Horray!! He cracks me up! I know he doesn't have the time to do as many videos as he used to, so its great to see new stuff! :look:

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,490 battles

Taking PM means I don't have to use the primary armament survivability ship upgrade and I can instead have the auxiliary armament survivability upgrade to make it harder for the UP rockets to get knocked out.

I use PM on pretty much all of my ships except for RN and RU cruisers where they have the highest benefit from PT, imo.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

The Hood is perfect for sinking battleships....

RAMMING SPEED !!!!!

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Taking PM means I don't have to use the primary armament survivability ship upgrade and I can instead have the auxiliary armament survivability upgrade to make it harder for the UP rockets to get knocked out.

I use PM on pretty much all of my ships except for RN and RU cruisers where they have the highest benefit from PT, imo.

Same. 

I don't see much value in taking PT on any BB, unless you have terrible situational awareness.

[HINON]
Privateers
6,266 posts
3,405 battles

I don't see much value in taking PT on any BB, unless you have terrible situational awareness.

OU04gcW.gif

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I would switch the Auxiliary Survivability for the Magazine Modification though if you plan to save those flags. Last match a Hood detonated, I sense something odd on her.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Wish he did a Graf video....buuuuuuuut I'll take it!

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

He left out how you can EASILY rip another BB for 13k by smashing their superstructure....

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

He has the exact same complaint I have with the Hood, that I even commented on in Nozoup's thread.

What the heck is up with all of Hood unused space?  This thing has room for another turret, a catapult and more AA batteries, and yet...

O15HDXK.jpg

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

He has the exact same complaint I have with the Hood, that I even commented on in Nozoup's thread.

What the heck is up with all of Hood unused space?  This thing has room for another turret, a catapult and more AA batteries, and yet...

O15HDXK.jpg

The Tea Room. 

[REVY]
Members
9,649 posts
7,316 battles

The Tea Room. 

They can fit a tea room inside a Q turret.  Or mount a catapult on top of the tea room.  They can even use the plane to ship in more tea.  Do I have to think of everything for these designers?

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

this one was a bit meh 

I found it handy for stealth ships like Concealment build NC, it's good to know when to shut your guns off and disappear. 1 or 2 ships targeting you, no big deal, 7 ships targeting you, well time to cloak and heal

Sign in to follow this