Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Rowdie69

DM Armour

9 comments in this topic

[HOPAS]
Members
0 posts
9,053 battles

Does anyone know if WoW is planning on giving the Des Moines better armour than it has. Ive been ridiculed for sitting behind islands doing my thing trying not to get wiped out right away, saying I was playing like a coward. meanwhile having 275 hits and over 100k damage. It would be nice to play that ship without always having to hide or run because of the big citadel and weak bow, aft and side armour.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,142 posts
30,906 battles

Does anyone know if WoW is planning on giving the Des Moines better armour than it has. Ive been ridiculed for sitting behind islands doing my thing trying not to get wiped out right away, saying I was playing like a coward. meanwhile having 275 hits and over 100k damage. It would be nice to play that ship without always having to hide or run because of the big citadel and weak bow, aft and side armour.

F--k all those other guys whining about you behind an island.  IMO, as long as you are hitting and dealing damage, they can go eat a d**k.  However, you also do need to know when it's time to bring DM to use her Radar, AA at the right time.

DM trying to trade shots at open water is a salvo away from getting instantly deleted.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

F--k all those other guys whining about you behind an island.  IMO, as long as you are hitting and dealing damage, they can go eat a d**k.  However, you also do need to know when it's time to bring DM to use her Radar, AA at the right time.

DM trying to trade shots at open water is a salvo away from getting instantly deleted.

Food for thought: his average damage in the DM is 46k - across 355 battles.

OP, I suggest you consider why people keep telling you to move up.  Because whatever you're doing isn't working for you.

Edited by TenguBlade

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

46k... that's literally half of what I get doing the same island humping :v

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

46k... that's literally half of what I get doing the same island humping :v

I guess you just hump harder. 

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,240 posts
4,523 battles

Didn't he DM armor just get a buff?

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,142 posts
30,906 battles

It's still terrible.  I feel safer in Baltimore than I do Des Moines.

Members
5 posts
3,698 battles

It's still terrible.  I feel safer in Baltimore than I do Des Moines.

Yeah the Des Moines armor layout in game makes her squishier in-game than the Baltimore. From what I can tell this change was based off the USN BBs and their above water citadels, where the critical internal parts of the ship are still located below the waterline they just raised the citadel to increase its buoyancy in case part of the citadel ever got flooded. I doubt WG will want to rework her Armor layout like they did for the USN BBs,

The thing is I feel instead of the armor, WG should buff her concealment by reducing the ship detection range to around 13 km. She'll still have worse concealment than the Zao, but you'll be better able to re-position, pick your engagements and strike at close range.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

only a deck armor buff to 30mm, from front turret to aft turret.

That means the armor is only effective at long range and is entirely useless up close.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

The side armor above the hull needs to be 30mm.

I've said it a dozen times since they did it and I'll keep saying it;

Des Moines did not need the reload buff. What she needs is to have the same 30mm of armor above the belt that every tier X cruiser excluding Minotaur has. That way her hull can't be lolpenned by 16" and 16.5" AP.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this