NikoPower

Let's Battle Tour! - 2017 Come join us!

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

52 posts in this topic

UPDATE

Dear Wargamers,

We are sorry to have to inform you that we have had to postpone this month’s Let’s Battle Tour event, which was due to be held on Saturday, September 30th on the USS Lexington. With so many families impacted by the damaging floods from Hurricane Harvey, your safety is our number one priority. We will be sharing news soon on how we can work together to help those families and individuals in need rebuild their lives.  

We are currently working to schedule an alternative date and we promise to have a final update for you by Friday, September 15th. 

From all of us here at Wargaming, we would like to apologize for the postponement, especially to those of you who have already made travel and accommodation plans. Unfortunately, these were circumstances which were beyond our control but we intend to make our rescheduled event even greater so we hope you can still join us then.

- Wargaming

Last year’s Let’s Battle Tour, a nationwide tour dedicated to our passionate community, was a massive success. We're excited to announce that tickets for our next stops in 2017 are NOW AVAILABLE!   

As part of making this year’s tour even bigger and better than before, 100% of the proceeds from your ticket will be donated to our Project VALOR (Veterans & Loved Ones Responsibility) charity program and divided up between all four participating charities. More info on Project VALOR

Your ticket includes:

• Entry to the Let’s Battle Tour event with food and drinks
  • Military messenger bag, t-shirt, and identification badge -- all personalized with your game of choice and in-game name. 
    (Physical attendance required to claim)
  • Access to PC gaming stations powered by Alienware to test your skills in World of Tanks, World of Warplanes, and World of Warships; Xbox One & PS4 game stations for World of Tanks on Console fans; and tablets for World of Tanks Blitz players
  • Community contests and the chance to earn physical pins of in-game achievements
  • Challenge coins and in-game bonus codes
  • Prizes! Prizes! Prizes!
  • Discussion panels

July 15, 2017 in Kasota, MN at
Drive A Tank

Aug. 19, 2017 in Conneaut, OH
at D-Day Conneaut

Sept. 30, 2017 in Corpus Christi, TX
at USS Lexington

• Drive in a real tank!
  • TANK CRUSHINGS
  • See more tanks, armored vehicles, and self-propelled artillery
  • In-depth historical information
  • Witness an intense live reenactment of the Omaha Beach landing starring a cast of hundreds!
  • Watch re-creations of inland skirmishes between occupying German soldiers, French resistance fighters, and Allied parachute and Glider infantry
  • Allied and Axis troops encampments
  • Lectures, displays and tours
  • An Essex class aircraft carrier commissioned in 1943 that served the United States longer and set more records than any other carrier in her class 
  • Full access to flight deck featuring over 20 military aircraft
  • Pearl Harbor exhibit 
  • Flight simulators
  • Guided tours  

f0962af2-3cbd-11e7-9937-d89d6715223c_660

Still waiting for a stop in either Wilmington, NC or Charleston, SC

You guys are going to be at the Lexington?

Whelp I know where I'm gonna be. 

I'll be at Lexington...  at least I bought the ticket already!  Just have to figure out how I'll get there...

Y'know, over here about Philly we kinda got a BB... and all sorts of venues... and a Navy Yard.... can't you guys ever come this way?

Welp wish it does but unfortunately doesn't concern me as I live in Australia all the way across the pacific ocean... /._\\

Corpus Christi Texas one would be a great time

Already grabbed a couple for Texas, looking forward to seeing lady lex again :medal:

Umm.... West coast?????

The last Let's Battle Tour had West Coast stops. It is hard to hit every place at once. :(

If I pay for shipping and the $20 can you send me the cool swag???? :coin:I went to Midway and had a ton of fun, but Texas is a little far from Palm Springs. I really want the bag lol.

So in what century can we expect an event in Canada?

Ooooh I might be able to get down to Carcass Crispy. It is a week after my BDay too.

Are these "worth going to" if they are not tailored to the game you play?  The Minnesota venue works well for me location, but that seems geared to tanks and I play WoWS.  My read is yes, just the "event focus" may not be your first choice (ie: tank vs ship).

Also, are these suitable for a 15 year old to come along?

Any insight / input would be welcome.  Thinking father-son weekend...

Are these "worth going to" if they are not tailored to the game you play?  The Minnesota venue works well for me location, but that seems geared to tanks and I play WoWS.  My read is yes, just the "event focus" may not be your first choice (ie: tank vs ship).

Also, are these suitable for a 15 year old to come along?

Any insight / input would be welcome.  Thinking father-son weekend...

The website shows they're 5 hour events, it looks like they're more of "social gatherings" rather than LAN meetups. Like the tank one is drive a tank. Why would you sit and play tanks when you could drive a tank. I'd also imagine they're family friendly-they're renting public venues. Seeing as Corpus Christi is a 15 hour drive, I'm turning it into a week-long vacation rather than just the venue, that's something to consider as well. Best of luck :D

We've been to USS Midway in SD recently and we may have more CA stops in the future. I don't have information on any plans outside of the 3 we have for this summer. 

Will anyone else be at one of the stops this year? Promises to be lots of fun. 

4 minutes ago, NikoPower said:

We've been to USS Midway in SD recently and we may have more CA stops in the future. I don't have information on any plans outside of the 3 we have for this summer. 

well, unless you guys plan on stopping in CDA idaho, no way can i make it anywhere rofl.

I wish y'all'd do a stop in Dallas. :(

I'm just mad i couldn't made the Intrepid one back in December...  Stupid work :(

Bought tickets for Lexington.  Now just have to figure out how to get there...

44 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

Bought tickets for Lexington.  Now just have to figure out how to get there...

United flies ORD-IAH pretty regular-like. =)

I will be at Lexington in September.

4 hours ago, NikoPower said:

It's like 60 miles from where I am at so I have to be there. It was hard to find a sitter for Granny. I finally did though, other wise I would have had to tie her to the lazy-boy with food and water at hand for 10 hours. Trev and You will be there but who else? As much as I would like to get a picture with You and Trevzor I  am hoping to get one with the Lovely Dasha.