Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GoldPile

Why is Bismarck missing her floatplane?

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

If you take a look at the Bismarck, you can be fooled to think she doesn't carry a floatplane. But she does, the plane materializes out of thin air when you launch it. Here's the catch, the Tirpitz has her floatplane rendered.

So why is this a thing? I'm quite confused.

Edited by GoldPile

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

As I remember it, a while back after a patch there was a funny bug where the floatplanes for both Bismarck sisters were floating over the water instead of sitting on the catapult. They were removed, iirc, while WG looked into it. Best guess of mine is they forgot to put it back on Bisko whilst Tirpitz, as a premium, got it back.

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Also, why don't we see other ships spotters/fighters when they are not airborne?

Members
38 posts
356 battles

Also, why don't we see other ships spotters/fighters when they are not airborne?

You running on high graphics? That could be why. 

Beta Testers
19,049 posts
8,108 battles

As I remember it, a while back after a patch there was a funny bug where the floatplanes for both Bismarck sisters were floating over the water instead of sitting on the catapult. They were removed, iirc, while WG looked into it. Best guess of mine is they forgot to put it back on Bisko whilst Tirpitz, as a premium, got it back.

Ironic. 

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,925 posts
23,637 battles

It's something they did away with before OBT, if I remember correctly.  In CBT, you could look at a ship and see the plane.  A quick glance at the CV would tell you what load out he/she was using.

I'm running on max graphics and do not see other ship planes until they are launched.:(

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

I went back and checked myself. I was right on Tirpitz: Update 0.5.10 (ironically introducing the KM BBs) broke its catapult plane to hover over the water, but that was fixed in the post-patch bug update 0.5.10.1. However, looking back over the Bismarck previews, especially
, I can't find evidence that the Bismarck ever had a plane shown.

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Yep. Maxxed out.

Sign in to follow this