Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Duguay and AP?

12 comments in this topic

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

This ship is doing well on NA server according to Warships data site. Bout 5th outta 20 ships in tier 4.  Of course she does not have as many matches as most of them so that may change. Bout 200,000 thus far.  Doing much much better than Kuma or Phoenix for instance. I got her and am trying out using AP most all the time....even on BBs to some extent.  Hits hard. Scores damage better than HE it seems to me. Am I doing this right?  Am I an idiot for shooting AP most of the time in this ship? A fool?  What do you think if you play her?  AP GOOD?  I think I can make this ship a keeper...maybe. Nice range also!  Big guns! Armor not as bad as some may think but not great.

Edited by dmckay

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles

AP works very well on Duguay. With proper shot placement you can pop this French boat like an overripe zit.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

AP works very well on Duguay. With proper shot placement you can pop this French boat like an overripe zit.

Little confused by this. Are you saying shoot AP when playing Duguay and then are you saying she pops like a zit when hit properly by other ships?  Sorry Lert.....kinda not clear on what you are saying. I am playing Duguay and shooting mostly AP.  Tks and carry on. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,720 posts
26,569 battles

No, you shoot AP at a Duguay. Makes them go away real good. :trollface:

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
6,534 posts
29,659 battles

I think Lert was trolling you...

I can't add anything about the Duguay. Never played her.

Yep, Lert was trolling. :sceptic:

Edited by Khafni

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

He's cool.  I been on WoT over 3 years and now here.  He knows I am an idiot.:D  Ha. By the way I am MUCH better at ships than tanks. It's nuts over there these days.

Members
4,729 posts
8,265 battles

No, you shoot AP at a Duguay. Makes them go away real good. :trollface:

GOT IT!  I will shoot AP at other Doogies. Pop em like a ZIT.

[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
3,868 posts
21,336 battles

currently in the process of making reviews on the Friant/Duguay - Very fun playing the Duguay btw

Got tied up due to the tech difficulty of the new patch / testing scenarios with different ships + was trying hard to obtain screen shots for the Algeries's review.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

Doogie AP is great!  I love popping RN, German, US,  and Russian cruisers like zits!  Works well on just about everything else I shoot it at, too.   I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and mostly shoot HE at BB's, but the AP does do good damage if I don't get to switch right away.   Konigs can be a bit annoying, but NY's, Kongos, Wyomings etc yield up good damage. (especially if they're foolish enough to eat my torpedoes!)

Doogie is just plain fun to play.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

You should know.

[PVE]
Members
17,085 posts
39,277 battles

Doogie AP is great!  I love popping RN, German, US,  and Russian cruisers like zits!  Works well on just about everything else I shoot it at, too.   I'm a bit of a traditionalist, and mostly shoot HE at BB's, but the AP does do good damage if I don't get to switch right away.   Konigs can be a bit annoying, but NY's, Kongos, Wyomings etc yield up good damage. (especially if they're foolish enough to eat my torpedoes!)

Doogie is just plain fun to play.

​I loved it too. I also used it's AP most of the time and only swapped to HE vs BB's( and DD's when time to load for them ). It works great against other cruisers even at range and in close it just melts them. I might actually buy the ship back some day it was so much fun to play.

[-ARM-]
Members
198 posts
6,940 battles

I haven't really liked it so far, but I only just unlocked the second hull, and have yet to try that out. Got four citadels on a Tenyru, though.

Sign in to follow this