Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_GreyBeard_

The Hunt for Bismark - The results are in

40 comments in this topic

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,551 posts
20,972 battles

For those that don't visit the main page the results for the campaign are in,

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/your-watch-has-ended/

Of 308,885 participants there were 62,346 Bismark's awarded.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Some didn't finish.

Some already HAD the Bismarck -- so they got credits instead.

Members
2,255 posts

Fastest collection is hilarious... Took someone 9 mins to buy boxes from the shop.

I already had the Bismarck unlocked. I just never bought it. But it's pretty amazing more people didn't finish... The tasks were super easy.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Fastest collection is hilarious... Took someone 9 mins to buy boxes from the shop.

I already had the Bismarck unlocked. I just never bought it. But it's pretty amazing more people didn't finish... The tasks were super easy.

Some people have other things going on in life, not sure why this would be surprising.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Some didn't finish.

Some already HAD the Bismarck -- so they got credits instead.

Yep, those 11 million credits helped me buy Khab and Z-52.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

Already have the Bismarck, and 70 million credits sitting around.  So the credits would have been nice, but I don't have an immediate use for them.  Got close, but didn't quite finish in time.  Didn't help that I went on vacation and spent a week at a beachfront resort during the campaign.  I think I made the right choice.  LOL

Members
222 posts
6,098 battles

While I didn't make it to the end of the campaign to receive the Bismark, I did finish the ships crests collection to get the Camo. Once I finish my grind up the German BB line, I'll be all set.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Guys there's a reason the "fastest" collection was done in quotes, note how the fastest completion isn't.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,189 posts
15,767 battles

I had the Bismarck too and that 15.9 million credits really helped when I bought and outfitted the Friedrich der Grobe. I too am rather surprised that so few were rewarded as it only required a tier 5 to do the missions.

Some people have other things going on in life, not sure why this would be surprising.

True but this didn't require hours and hours of play every day to finish. I wonder if people were trying to complete every task before going to the next mission?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,653 battles

Yep, those 11 million credits helped me buy Khab and Z-52.

I added it to my money bin. 

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Modder
823 posts
5,245 battles

EU posted the same stats, which makes me wonder if someone copy-pasted the other. If this is the world-wide statistic, then I'd say the active player base of this game is much lower than I expected.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

Fastest collection was bought and paid for via containers.  Means nothing.

If I had the spare cash, I'd have loaded up on the containers just for the 14 signal flags in each.

[SDIWO]
Members
1,218 posts
6,659 battles

Just think of how many more Bismarks would have been given out if people had had the extra 2 hours :teethhappy:

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

True but this didn't require hours and hours of play every day to finish. I wonder if people were trying to complete every task before going to the next mission?

Thing is, I have a ton of play time, and it took me 3-4 days maybe 5 to get them done, just going through and not repeating, because a match would have too few of a ship type if at all, or wasn't credited first to spot, etc. Hell, I had all but one non hood misson done before the extended maintenance, and it was 5 citadel hits in a match where the day before I chose that mission a few days ago, I had racked up citadels every match. Even out tiered in Tirpitz against tier 9 BB's. For a while I struggled on knocking out modules and turrets, even with DB Saipan that any other time knocks out props and DD turrets no issue. So someone of my skill or lower, with less time, etc? It's really easy to have missed out on it.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I didn't do any of the tasks that required playing or targetting a specific ship. (although I did play ships best suited to the task, like BBs for damage tasks)

Mostly I repeated the base XP tasks. (easier for a free player than the modified XP tasks)

Edited by Skpstr

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

I had the Bismarck, and have over 200,000,000 credits banked.  It was a fun campaign, as there were lots of goodies other than the final prize.  And even then, the 10 million credits is still 10 million credits.  

For me, I just load up some tasks, and play normally.  Don't even think about achieving a task or not.  Just play my normal random game.  And..voila...tasks area achieved....goodies awarded.    

Members
6,889 posts
14,873 battles

The tasks were super easy.

Also depends on what people have in port.  Part of the reason I got the cash was because I had the ship and could do a good bit of damage with it most of the time.  It is my highest avg damage BB that I own or have played.

Members
2,255 posts

Well, considering you had almost 3 weeks to do it with 3 weekends between. Only 20% of player got it. I was expecting at the very least 30-35%. So yes it is surprising. Especially since you could have repeated the easy XP tasks.

Members
6,889 posts
14,873 battles

Only 20% of player got it.

Only 20% got the ship but there could have been another 30% that got the cash because they completed it.  There is info missing to make any real comments on how difficult it was to get.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,189 posts
15,767 battles

Thing is, I have a ton of play time, and it took me 3-4 days maybe 5 to get them done, just going through and not repeating, because a match would have too few of a ship type if at all, or wasn't credited first to spot, etc. Hell, I had all but one non hood misson done before the extended maintenance, and it was 5 citadel hits in a match where the day before I chose that mission a few days ago, I had racked up citadels every match. Even out tiered in Tirpitz against tier 9 BB's. For a while I struggled on knocking out modules and turrets, even with DB Saipan that any other time knocks out props and DD turrets no issue. So someone of my skill or lower, with less time, etc? It's really easy to have missed out on it.

With a campaign like this you choose the tasks you can easily complete then when you have completed it then and only then do you try to finish them all.

Sign in to follow this