Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
capncrunch21

Time to reward ratio - Operations not worth it

79 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,747 posts

As per post title.

I really enjoy the Operations playwise, but holy moly, even with a win, the XP and credits earned for the amount of time invested is terrible. I can make 3 times the amount in normal coop matches in the same amount of time spent. 

With a loss, Operations are a complete waste of time. (I made a grand total of 134 XP for almost 20 minutes invested - and was number 2 in the rankings for the scenario). If you want people to play these Operations you better up the rewards. 'Cause as fun as they are, even I (who is a huge fan) will give up on them and get back to the normal grind. :facepalm:

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

I think the entire point of this mode is to encourage team work, but it seems kind of late in the game to be worried about that.

Players are set in their ways, not tons of new players coming in, and few random players really play as a team...Clans should like it, but it will probably get boring quick once you have them down.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,724 posts
26,569 battles

So the only reason you play this game is to earn credits in this game? The entertainment doesn't matter at all? Because that's what I'm reading in your title.

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

So the only reason you play this game is to earn credits in this game? The entertainment doesn't matter at all? Because that's what I'm reading in your title.

Oh, come on, if you're playing online games you should know better by now. Silly stuff is fine for seasonal events but if WG wants them to become a more permanent fixture, they need to be robust all around. That includes rewards...

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,724 posts
26,569 battles

Oh, come on, if you're playing online games you should know better by now. Silly stuff is fine for seasonal events but if WG wants them to become a more permanent fixture, they need to be robust all around. That includes rewards...

So earn XP and credits in PvP and play scenarios every once in a while for entertainment. I still don't see a problem.

[A-D]
2,638 posts

So earn XP and credits in PvP and play scenarios every once in a while for entertainment. I still don't see a problem.

Ehm... tl;dr this argument comes up in every grind-based online game ever... Literally I've never seen a grind game where it doesn't come up. Players want to feel like they're getting value out of their time and yes, that does mean whatever grind tokens or currency the game has.

What you suggest is fine for temporary and short term events. For permanent content (that will lose its novelty value quick) it's not...

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,724 posts
26,569 battles

You're making a few very big assumptions there...

1) That this mode is permanent

2) That this mode is done being balanced

Also, how is it that reduced income is ok in PvE (IE, permanent content) but scenarios suddenly need parity?

OP is perfectly entitled to his opinion and his thread. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. And so am I.

[A-D]
2,638 posts

...isn't it? I thought WG was planning to make PvE content a larger part of WoWS and making content as ephemeral as the halloween event or bathtub mode seems to run against that...

Well, no, I'm not assuming... that is what feedback threads like this are for...

Also, how is it that reduced income is ok in PvE (IE, permanent content) but scenarios suddenly need parity?

Traditionally WG's stance has been that coop is more for learning the game (or perhaps testing loadouts, etc), and not meant to be a central play mode. So the nerfed economy is there to push people into the PvP side of the game. WoWS had a PvE community (not really represented much on this forum but they've been there for a while) and when WG further nerfed coop rewards you can bet they felt it.

However, WG recently (around the time of the last halloween event...) started changing their stance and seems to be more OK with PvE players enjoying the game. Agree or disagree, it's what it is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if WG wants it to catch on outside of a very dedicated and small niche... which they probably do if they're putting this much effort into development... then making rewards commensurate isn't a bad idea. At least IMO, anyways.

[PVE]
Members
8,775 posts

OP is perfectly entitled to his opinion and his thread. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion. And so am I.

Yep, everyone can have their own opinion.  The OP is giving his opinion so this mode can have a better balanced.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,724 posts
26,569 battles

...isn't it? I thought WG was planning to make PvE content a larger part of WoWS and making content as ephemeral as the halloween event or bathtub mode seems to run against that.

Is it? I've not seen any evidence either way, and have been playing WG products long enough not to make assumptions about this staying for a very long time.

Well, no, I'm not assuming... that is what feedback threads like this are for...

And I gave my feedback.

[VPMN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
2,095 posts
8,175 battles

I disagree with OP but I am also in a position where if I lose credits in a loss it doesn't matter to me. Sure the silver and XP are nice but I'm playing the mode because it is something different from the norm and that entertains me. 

The only time I find it frustrating is when the team fails to work together, and that so far has been 2 out of 6 battles. 

I'm enjoying Operations and look forward to next week's release. 

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

I don't really need XP in my tier 6 ships since I will never convert it and credits wise it's still better than losing money while trying to carry a bunch of potatoes in PvP.

Yeah it would be nice if the earnings were the same as in PvP but for now I'm happy with what is being given.

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

If you lose public matches with low teamwork that makes sense, but if the whole loss thing goes into full 7 team matches then the scenarios might need to be balanced

Members
3,284 posts

I don't really need XP in my tier 6 ships since I will never convert it and credits wise it's still better than losing money while trying to carry a bunch of potatoes in PvP.

Yeah it would be nice if the earnings were the same as in PvP but for now I'm happy with what is being given.

I suppose it would be worth it if those rewards were reachable, but with a bunch of inexperienced people it seems very difficult. Maybe I'll wait a few days and see what strategies the community comes up with.
Edited by anonym_OlK73e329bMY

[ZAZEN]
Alpha Tester
404 posts
8,964 battles

As per post title.

I really enjoy the Operations playwise, but holy moly, even with a win, the XP and credits earned for the amount of time invested is terrible. I can make 3 times the amount in normal coop matches in the same amount of time spent. 

With a loss, Operations are a complete waste of time. (I made a grand total of 134 XP for almost 20 minutes invested - and was number 2 in the rankings for the scenario). If you want people to play these Operations you better up the rewards. 'Cause as fun as they are, even I (who is a huge fan) will give up on them and get back to the normal grind. :facepalm:

I am enjoying my new 10pt captain

[SIMP]
Members
1,518 posts
12,904 battles

People complain about the PvE economy also, they both need to be fixed

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles

Haven't even tried the scenario mode yet; we'll see how that goes. I crippled in a sense though; no regular players I team up with, so any tries I'll basically be a filler player.

As far as credits xp are concerned; I'm at a point where as long as my credits are in the black, I'm fine. +1 credit is enough.

Anyone losing a tonne of credits probably needs to demount their premium consumables and or camo; you shouldn't use those in scenario/co-opanyway if you want to earn money.

Members
3,284 posts

Haven't even tried the scenario mode yet; we'll see how that goes. I crippled in a sense though; no regular players I team up with, so any tries I'll basically be a filler player.

As far as credits xp are concerned; I'm at a point where as long as my credits are in the black, I'm fine. +1 credit is enough.

Anyone losing a tonne of credits probably needs to demount their premium consumables and or camo; you shouldn't use those in scenario/co-opanyway if you want to earn money.

It feels like I need them to win though!

Members
0 posts
5,382 battles

Anyone losing a tonne of credits probably needs to demount their premium consumables and or camo; you shouldn't use those in scenario/co-op anyway if you want to earn money.

I lost around 100k in 3 matches with no camo / consumables etc.

As the OP stated I make more money LOSING co-op than i do losing operations,  Yet WG specifically said in their patch notes that the rewards would be better than co-op,

[GRIT]
Members
3,254 posts
11,793 battles

Ehm... tl;dr this argument comes up in every grind-based online game ever... Literally I've never seen a grind game where it doesn't come up. Players want to feel like they're getting value out of their time and yes, that does mean whatever grind tokens or currency the game has.

I can't speak to the rewards as I've never done co-op or whatever this new pve mode is. But it's true that players require some form of progression in MMO-style games like this one.

[BONKY]
Members
731 posts
15,572 battles

Those of you complaining make me laugh. You had over a month of testing time for this patch yet most of the people complaining about stuff never logged in once to test it. I played on the test server a ton of times and the most i EVER saw online was 200-300 people testing. Test server lets all players test not just from NA. So that means NA, EU, Asia and RU servers can test and yet i see 200-300 only testing. That is just sad. You all had the chance to test and voice about things you felt should be changed, but i guess you would rather not test and complain about stuff after the fact. 

Members
3,284 posts

Those of you complaining make me laugh. You had over a month of testing time for this patch yet most of the people complaining about stuff never logged in once to test it. I played on the test server a ton of times and the most i EVER saw online was 200-300 people testing. Test server lets all players test not just from NA. So that means NA, EU, Asia and RU servers can test and yet i see 200-300 only testing. That is just sad. You all had the chance to test and voice about things you felt should be changed, but i guess you would rather not test and complain about stuff after the fact. 

I'm glad I can at least make you laugh.

[A-D]
2,638 posts

PTRs usually aren't for balance testing, they're for finding bugs and such.

Sign in to follow this