Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TrygveSkogsholm

Update right before Bismark mission ended

10 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts
4,499 battles

I could have made it, the fact that they interrupted their own quest without giving you the same amount of time afterwards really made me mad. I quit.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

Their in-game "time remaining" countdown was inaccurate by roughly 2 hours, because it did not take into account the server downtime for the patch. I'm honestly a bit surprised by the number of people who were cutting it that close, but there are multiple threads on this subject already, so there must have been a pretty substantial number.

Obviously, WG gave lots of other notice about the exact timing of the patch on the website, but it's also well-known that only a small fraction of players read the website, much less read it in that much detail. WG could stay quiet on this and be technically in the right, but it seems like they would be better off issuing some kind of extension or compensation instead to avoid needless loss of goodwill.

Edit: As a sort of comparison for precedent, Blizzard has extended in-game events in the past that accidentally ended sooner than people expected.

Edited by Edgecase

Beta Testers
1,221 posts
7,558 battles

I could have made it, the fact that they interrupted their own quest without giving you the same amount of time afterwards really made me mad. I quit.

Good, we don't need you.

[SCCC]
Members
1,137 posts
9,687 battles

Good, we don't need you.

We don't need any more Bismarck players derping around. Puts a strain on muh DD playing.
  • Cool 1

Members
949 posts
4,357 battles

I will agree the timing was bad. Should never be locking up/updating the game the last few hours of any timed  contest, as their will be a lot of people trying to finish, or increase their scores in the "last minutes". As to the Bismarck campaign, yes there was weeks to do it, but as I note above, there will be some "racing the clock" and it ain't fair if the clock stops early. I got mine a week  ago so no biggie to me, this time.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

You had 3 weeks to complete this campaign. If you didn't get Bismarck, that's your own fault. Let this be a lesson to do things early, and not wait until the last minute.

Members
7,122 posts
26,433 battles

On a lighter note, I had one task left, to spot 6 German ships with aircraft....I was stuck on 5 and played 5 games in my Bogue last night to complete it, there were either no Germans of the other cv spotted them...so I said I'll just play one in the morning before the deadline and bang out the last sighting.....to my horror.....I too, was left at the altar waiting for one more box to give me one last shot at a Hydra flag! Rats!

Members
0 posts
4,499 battles

The game said 14 hours left, I got 12. Doesn't matter how many other places on the internet it may have been stated that the game gave false information.

Should have planned to be done sooner.  Last minute always runs the risk of this happening.

View Postgoldeagle1123, on 07 June 2017 - 08:40 PM, said:

You had 3 weeks to complete this campaign. If you didn't get Bismarck, that's your own fault. Let this be a lesson to do things early, and not wait until the last minute.

Oh what a brilliant insight. Maybe you've heard of something called real life? Yeah, and maybe someone out there who isn't sitting in their basement with unlimited free time needs to make a decision like "Should I stay up all night and do my bro a solid or go to sleep because I'm very tired" and then they look at the timer which says six hours, divide that by the game length; looks at the average damage/xp needed per game factor in the rate at which certain ships cause incapacitations and arrived at the conclusion that it was possible so go for it.

Good, we don't need you.

No you don't.

Good, we don't need you.

We don't need any more Bismarck players derping around. Puts a strain on muh DD playing.

I was getting it for my brother who had become disillusioned with U.S. cruisers. I have the german BB line already DERP DERP! (but of course I quit so...)

[-GSI-]
Members
92 posts
5,877 battles

I feel for ya, and I'd give you mine if I didn't like it so much ;) but here's your problem:

"Maybe he was only 50k damage from finishing the final task with 2.5 hours left on the clock and thought "hey I did it I'll go get some coffee and get some breakfast and play 1 or two more games".

50k away from completion is not "doing it", so there is a lesson to be learned.  But unlike our slightly more smug forum-mates, I would encourage you to stick around.  Tell your brother to try Russian or Japanese cruisers, I think they're more fun.

Edited by Paulbearer82

Sign in to follow this