SeaKnight_1990

Grinding Towards Iowa

  • You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

15 posts in this topic

Right now, I have 140k XP on the NC, and nearly 390k free XP, which would be in the mid-450s if I were to convert what I had. The Iowa is so close, what should I do, keep playing NC until I get 175k XP, or get Iowa now, convert, while grinding for the Missouri? I'm leaning towards saving free XP.

 

Thanks!


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep playing the NC you almost have it and its not a bad ship so keep the grind going only about 30k left


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep playing NoCal. My grind from NC to Iowa was the most enjoyable one in the game.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep playing the NC.  She's too good of a ship to not enjoy for the full tenure.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree.  I have been saving ALL of my Free XP since the beginning of my career.  I think the only time that I spent a major chunk of my XP was when I bought my first CV with it.  I used my regular XP to get the next ship on the tech tree and bought my Langley with the Free XP.  I have been greedy and holding all of my FREE XP ever since.  When the Missouri was announced as a Free XP purchase only ship, I knew then that I had made the correct decision.

 

I primarily play only the USA ships anyways, and like you, I am on my North Carolina at present. The only reason that I branched out into the other nationalities was strictly because of certain combat objectives requiring you to have them,  Such as the recent Battle of Midway campaign quests offered at the closing of software version 0.6.5.  With the Battle of Midway objectives, some had to be completed in Japanese ships and others in American ships.

 

But I digress...all of this is probably TMI anyways and I am straying from the subject.  Save ALL of your free XP for your future Missouri purchase and continue to grind on your North Carolina,  You're working two goals simultaneously that way.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in the same place as you recently, I finished the grind with I think 7-8k to go and said screw it and bought it then used 50k free XP to get the b hull


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep playing NC, forget your end goal for the moment and enjoy the trip, that makes it easier.  I ended up selling the NC but kind of wish I'd kept her.  Not that much to get her back if I choose.  Something to consider.  She's fun in her own way.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Keep playing NC, save all free xp for Missouri. The NC's a really fun ship anyway, it's also a good thing that since the Iowa's citadel got lowered, it plays more like a tier 9 NC. So playing the NC will prepare you for the Iowa.

Edited by Edselman

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 6/7/2017 at 0:29 PM, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Right now, I have 140k XP on the NC, and nearly 390k free XP, which would be in the mid-450s if I were to convert what I had. The Iowa is so close, what should I do, keep playing NC until I get 175k XP, or get Iowa now, convert, while grinding for the Missouri? I'm leaning towards saving free XP.

 

Thanks!

Save the free XP. You might actually be able to buy the mighty mo. Which would be frickin awesome

 

The NC is a great ship depending on your play-style. You should check out arlios's early WoWs videos. He has done great things with this ship. The citadel is still too high IMO.

Edited by matthew_jonathan

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update: I got the Iowa. Save that I get fired at by everyone, I'm finding her a good ship. I am flying the XP and credit flags to curtail the credit hemorrhaging; I got 90k damage in one game, and three firsts (win, frag, game survived) for her in another. I have a question: How is it possible to only get two penetrating hits on a beached cruiser sitting broadside on to you? (It was a Hindenburg, BTW.)


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Lots of players haven't gotten the memo that Iowa's citadel was lowered yet.  It's been too long a part of the institutional memory- "Shoot at Iowa- it's an easy kill!"    I'm still on NC, and in no hurry- it's a LOT of fun to play.   I got Missouri a long time ago- I had obscene amounts of free xp sitting there when it came out.  (I make it a habit to convert my xp regularly)  So I can play that, too.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 7/4/2017 at 2:22 PM, SeaKnight_1990 said:

Update: I got the Iowa. Save that I get fired at by everyone, I'm finding her a good ship. I am flying the XP and credit flags to curtail the credit hemorrhaging; I got 90k damage in one game, and three firsts (win, frag, game survived) for her in another. I have a question: How is it possible to only get two penetrating hits on a beached cruiser sitting broadside on to you? (It was a Hindenburg, BTW.)

Hindenburg has turtleback armor. If the hindenburg is close to you(10-12km or even closer), you are not gonna hit her citadel easily. Rather, you will see a lot of overpens. At this distance, your shell trajectory is too flat to plunge into her citadel.

 

Try to aim as low as you can and hope RNGesus loves you.

Edited by Exciton8964

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/4/2017 at 7:16 PM, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  Lots of players haven't gotten the memo that Iowa's citadel was lowered yet.  It's been too long a part of the institutional memory- "Shoot at Iowa- it's an easy kill!"    I'm still on NC, and in no hurry- it's a LOT of fun to play.   I got Missouri a long time ago- I had obscene amounts of free xp sitting there when it came out.  (I make it a habit to convert my xp regularly)  So I can play that, too.

Which patch was that implemented?  


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  In the last or the one before- I'm too lazy to look up the patch notes, lol.  I believe it affects Iowa, Missouri, and Montana.  Nothing earth shattering, just a minor survivability adjustment- a long needed one.  

  Or I could be nuts and misremembering something that's long been planned but not carried out.  Too many different conversations about the subject in here- it's hard to keep it all strait!  lol.


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2017 at 9:07 PM, Sventex said:

Which patch was that implemented?  

 

On 7/7/2017 at 3:25 PM, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  In the last or the one before- I'm too lazy to look up the patch notes, lol.  I believe it affects Iowa, Missouri, and Montana.  Nothing earth shattering, just a minor survivability adjustment- a long needed one.  

  Or I could be nuts and misremembering something that's long been planned but not carried out.  Too many different conversations about the subject in here- it's hard to keep it all strait!  lol.

0.6.7?  I think...


0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.