Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Botcha

Try again WG, Operations are a bust

117 comments in this topic

Members
248 posts
12,784 battles

Ships are WAY to accurate and the maintenance ships repair WAY to slow plus the tier overmatch at the end is just the dry pickle in a you know where....

Edited by Botcha

[-YAR-]
Members
92 posts
9,432 battles

wait, so you're saying its hard? 'cause, i havent tried it, but i dont play co-op because its just silly to romp over bots... but, if its actually a challenge, mayhaps ill give it a go.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

wait, so you're saying its hard? 'cause, i havent tried it, but i dont play co-op because its just silly to romp over bots... but, if its actually a challenge, mayhaps ill give it a go.

The problem is not that it's too hard, it's simply that it requires team work, something that is non existent in this game....

Clans will farm it, random players will rage over it...Working as intended? :amazed:

Members
7,122 posts
26,433 battles
Baby steps... I think it's great. The more game modes and options we have the better. Yes it was concerning to see an Izumo sailing in but it's an alternative option to game play with good rewards. And even if it isn't perfect, WG can fine tune and tweak it from here and hopefully grow the game. I am all for it!

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Are the rewards worth it?

Members
858 posts
1,811 battles

Ships are WAY to accurate and the maintenance ships repair WAY to slow plus the tier overmatch at the end is just the dry pickle in a you know where....

Translation: I tried it, expecting to steamroll the bots like I always do, and I got my tuckus handed to me, so it is obviously broken.

[D-DAY]
Members
7,602 posts

I jumped onto the PTS and thought all 4 challenges were really good. Probably played 12 missions altogether but only achieved 5 star completion on one and probably failed 4 times.

Give them a go, I enjoyed the variety! (Although the bit where they pull you out of position and a friendly carrier then pops up needing protection is a little sneaky lol). :honoring:

I appreciate WGs efforts; thank you.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Don't expect to have the new challenging operations figured out all on day one or expect the rest of the player base to know how to beat it right away.

Members
7,122 posts
26,433 battles

Translation: I tried it, expecting to steamroll the bots like I always do, and I got my tuckus handed to me, so it is obviously broken.

​That is funny as heck as I got trucked in my Cleveland....ships on fire...put it out...10 seconds later....ships on fire x2.... I was like who are theses guys.....

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

If the mode is hard, then it's better like that and they did a good job designing it like that. Companies should stop catering to the smartphone generation gamer that wants easy stuff. I still don't get why people want things not to require any effort, thinking and skill and probably never will

Members
1,267 posts
9,474 battles

I played it a few times on PT server, and the team I was on beat it once. It was challenging.

Members
652 posts
13,807 battles

Wait so because they are quite challenging, they are considered a bust? Hmmm that seems like a little backwards thinking to me. Sorry that they aren't as easy as Coop? Which is a good thing because those bots are potatoes.

[WULUF]
Members
617 posts
11,814 battles

I played close to 30 coop/scenario games on the PTS. I was pleasantly surprised, as I thought they would be steam roller games like standard coop.

Instead, they are a good challenge and promote good team play, which is the type of play I enjoy.

I got about a 2/3 win rate with a few 5 star games in it.

If you yolo, you will die.

Beta Testers
148 posts
10,008 battles

I played it a few times on PT server, and the team I was on beat it once. It was challenging.

PT server is never a good area to judge how randoms will play since PT is always full of players with little gameplay experience, and messing around in ships they don't have.

[FEM]
Beta Testers
3,276 posts
740 battles

I totally understand your position for PvE. It might not be for everyone or they may have strong feelings in either direction. The good news is, our previous modes are still there for you to enjoy. Random, Co-op, and during seasons, Ranked. 

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

If the mode is hard, then it's better like that and they did a good job designing it like that. Companies should stop catering to the smartphone generation gamer that wants easy stuff. I still don't get why people want things not to require any effort, thinking and skill and probably never will

People do, but the fact is, most players treat this as a phone game and are not interested in team work....

Random teams will not work well in this scenario, and this will in turn create lots of rage. 

But ignoring who the player base is won't help the game, so it's likely this will create more salt than happiness.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

This game mode isn't going to work without ordination between people who actually know what they're doing and are aware of basic game mechanics. The possibility of it working for a bunch of randoms is absurdly low. This isn't going to be an event where a above average player can carry a bunch of window lickers through to victory. Everyone is going to have to contribute, focus, play hard, and have a good idea of what they're doing.

If you have no desire to understand basic game play, or improve this game mode isn't for you and you should stay away.

​That is funny as heck as I got trucked in my Cleveland....ships on fire...put it out...10 seconds later....ships on fire x2.... I was like who are theses guys.....

Yeah, probably one of the harder parts of the game when you're new is understanding when to use DC and when to let the fire burn. As a general rule, if you use DC to stop flooding or put out fire, remember that all other fire or flooding from that point on until your DC comes off cool down will burn or flood for full duration. The Repair Party can repair all fire and flood damage taken, which is important to remember (you can use Repair Party instead of putting out the fire).  On a Cleveland though, your best bet is to only use DC if you're about to burn down, and try and pull back if you're taking too much heat. Try and manage how many ships can shoot at you.

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,021 posts
4,739 battles

Good, i love hard games. 

When you beat games like the Witcher 3 on Deathmarch or oldschool gems such as contra. These type of challenges arent nearly as bad. 

I enjoy the challenge, i see some reds in the reader list. 

*Red Overlords, please do not listen to this pleb! 

[ONE38]
Members
3,782 posts
14,818 battles

So far I've only seen Notser's introductory video about it. Is it anymore or much more challenging than the event/game mode from last Halloween?

[-AHOY]
Members
512 posts
27,284 battles

Remember the holloween event?  The first time you did it you thought to yourself how it was impossibe.  2 days later you were farming camos...

Edited by MajorHavoc

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

People do, but the fact is, most players treat this as a phone game and are not interested in team work....

Random teams will not work well in this scenario, and this will in turn create lots of rage. 

But ignoring who the player base is won't help the game, so it's likely this will create more salt than happiness.

They should honestly be ignored. They are perfectly capable of learning like the rest of us did, and they shouldn't be treated special because they believe in individualism and ignorance. Don't say your Kobe Bryant if you're so bad the coach would never take you off the bench.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Remember the holloween event?  The first time you did it you thought to yourself how it was impossibe.  2 days later you were farming camos...

People were farming camos regardless, you didn't have to win to earn them....

[WULUF]
Members
617 posts
11,814 battles

Not true at all. You havnt really looked into it, have you?

Mission/scenario of the month pays quite well. Everyone likes rewards, or not?

And in the other 3, you must div up to play, either with freinds or as a merc.

I like it, and I play primarily random.

Sign in to follow this