Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sumkum

Kaga already floating in an ocean of tears!

37 comments in this topic

Members
90 posts
2,682 battles

Thanks to all who participated in the Kaga contest and congrats to CptJackSparrowed who won! This thing is that much fun I really want to start up another comp to get this salt generator out amongst CV fans..

I have to say though, at this point, it seems like a bit of a P2W ship. Second time I took the thing out I Krakened (only ever having one before in a Belfast). The cross-drops/manuals are nailing people compared to equivalent tier carriers. Perhaps players will soon learn to anticipate that second wave that comes in but BBs/fast moving DDs are eating an alpha every time. Even Saipan's fighters are falling short with Dogfighting expert. The insanely tight grouping of the DBs also mean that RNG is no longer a factor. If you aim properly....they ALL hit. There is crying in chat too. Some little peeps are rather unhappy...

Edited by Sumkum

Members
7,086 posts

I've been rather unimpressed with the ones I've seen so far. The thing about Kaga is it's basically like Saipan: OP in the right hands, and crap-all when being captained by just about everyone else. And also like the Saipan, it's encouraged a bunch of not-so-swift carrier players to take up the cross once again. So even though Kaga might be fairly good (although I'm just not sure it's worth driving a floating refrigerator into battle that can be spotted from halfway across the map), the odds of running into one that's going to take over a game are pretty darned low.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Thanks to all who participated in the Kaga contest and congrats to CptJackSparrowed who won! This thing is that much fun I really want to start up another comp to get this salt generator out amongst CV fans..

I have to say though, at this point, it seems like a bit of a P2W ship. Second time I took the thing out I Krakened (only ever having one before in a Belfast). The cross-drops/manuals are nailing people compared to equivalent tier carriers. Perhaps players will soon learn to anticipate that second wave that comes in but BBs/fast moving DDs are eating an alpha every time. Even Saipan's fighters are falling short with Dogfighting expert. The insanely tight grouping of the DBs also mean that RNG is no longer a factor. If you aim properly....they ALL hit. There is crying in chat too. Some little peeps are rather unhappy...

It cant do a god damn thing against a Saipan, litterally nothing. 

Members
90 posts
2,682 battles

I've been rather unimpressed with the ones I've seen so far. The thing about Kaga is it's basically like Saipan: OP in the right hands, and crap-all when being captained by just about everyone else. And also like the Saipan, it's encouraged a bunch of not-so-swift carrier players to take up the cross once again. So even though Kaga might be fairly good (although I'm just not sure it's worth driving a floating refrigerator into battle that can be spotted from halfway across the map), the odds of running into one that's going to take over a game are pretty darned low.

​Yes fair point though it seems if you can play anything at or above a Ryujo it becomes a very capable ship. Honestly I'm not that great in carriers and it just felt so much easier. Yah though again once people expect that staggered torp wall all could change very quickly. Do you think its concealment is a big issue? Does have quite a few HP and torp buldges. I don't know....just comparing it to the Hiryu...seems so superior. Then again look at the Saipan and Ranger...

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,132 posts
30,890 battles

Meanwhile on ASIA Server the Kaga is underpowered because lots of CVs in ASIA runs AS loadouts.

Judging by server stats, Kaga is doing very well.

zCkvvZB.jpg

A very respectable 53% Win Rate, not near Saipan's 62%, but Kaga has the largest Damage average with 63k.  Underpowered, eh? :teethhappy:

In short, you are wrong.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

The one that I faced today was okay?   We still proceeded to win with me only taking 1 torp and 1 dive fire in my Hood from it.  He was proceeded to be finished off shortly after by a yorck.

My impressions are meh to undecided.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Members
90 posts
2,682 battles

It really will be interesting though as people learn to fight in and against it. It doesn't come close to Saipan's AS capability but it can sure do some damage.

Edited by Sumkum

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

The only reason I would try one is to get out of the slump I'm in as of late... :( Ugh. Maybe go hide behind an island and let the planes do all the work? :teethhappy:

[14A41]
Beta Testers
167 posts
11,121 battles

Didn't have too many issues with Kagas yet (granted, I didn't have much time to play since she was released)

My main beef with Kaga is that it's literally meant to club down the poor tier 5 who already get severely gimped by MM by being mostly thrown into tier 7, now they have an overwhelming CV coming at them and their AA ... I'm not even gonna mention it. There's basically nothing to mention, save for Texas who is capable to take a couple planes down.

Edit: But I suppose that's a great way to sell premiums, so GG to WG for that move.

Edited by Shephard0A

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,102 battles

I was thinking about getting back into the Cleveland so I took it out in an PVE match.  Full AA spec mind you.  Camo, flags... the full deal.  The bot Kaga decided to focus me down first.

Match was over for me in less that 3 minutes.

Against a full AA spec Cleve with Defensive Fire.

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

The first game the day it was sold, I ran into one while on my cleveland.  Man that guy was salty with me when he tried to torp a BB I was guarding.  Had to be a noob CV to make that mistake :)

Members
289 posts
756 battles

Its power is that torp drop pattern, 4-2.  If any hit (and with manual drop its unusual to miss), then you eat 4+ hits.  I've seen (and received) a full 6 hit strike; then the second flight finishes the job.

There isn't enough room to completely avoid bow on, either (even a T5 DD) as the pattern is so tight.

Members
2,406 posts
39,328 battles

I was thinking about getting back into the Cleveland so I took it out in an PVE match.  Full AA spec mind you.  Camo, flags... the full deal.  The bot Kaga decided to focus me down first.

Match was over for me in less that 3 minutes.

Against a full AA spec Cleve with Defensive Fire.

Put a 19 pt Capt.  with manual AA in there and that will change. Only saw have seen 1 Kaga, with Atlanta- 45 shot down. I have no doubt Cleve will do as good if not better.

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

The only people i see getting erased by it are the loners, but that should be a basic wows rule. In cv heavy games i will not rush my dd into a capture point for exactly that reason. Its hard enough with normal cvs let alone a p2w one.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

When a Kaga decides you gotta die, you're gonna get smacked...had one literally harass my hood for the entire game...the AA for some reason wasn't doing anything to his planes.

Yet I'm considering rebuilding my Ginny to an AA build just for that very reason....

Members
921 posts
13,862 battles

Took out a Scharn in a storm of Fujin torps - must have caught the eye of the red Kaga commander who sent a couple of torpedo squadrons after me.

Man - that was a lot of torpedos - there was literally zero room to even slip a Fujin through.

I cursed all the way back to port - ha ha!

Edited by ddoubletapp1

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

The Kaga is going to be a more extreme version of the Saipan.  The Saipan's higher tier planes are more forgiving of mistakes while the Kaga's are less so.  The Kaga doesn't have the air power to contest anything other then a default module or strike Ranger.  That being said, she has almost the air strike capability of a T9 or T10 and a much easier drop pattern to work with,  not to mention the fastest plane launched torpedos in game.

In short what I am saying is enjoy playing against the people who don't know how to play her because when the shine wears off and the people just here for the new ship smell go away we're going to be left with the people who know how to captain her and that is not going to be fun.

[BONKZ]
[BONKZ]
Members
1,629 posts
16,259 battles

Kaga is no different than any other CV. In fact, I imagine most of the people that really like CV play and bough Kaga are pretty good in general w/ CV's. So a good CV player is good no mater what CV they are in. Just my 2 cents.

Members
83 posts
10,099 battles

I have to stick with my original thoughts on Kaga, that she is:

• Basically the glass cannon of aircraft carriers;
  • Extremely powerful strike ability if allowed to reign free, but;
  • Is completely and utterly neutralized by an enemy experienced CV captain;
    • Especially if in 2/2/0 Saipan;
      • and especially in 3/0/1 Saipan (but I don't know many experienced CV captains that run 3/0/1 on Saipan).

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

Seen Kaga 2x but it was in a my full AA spec'd Kutuzov. Planes lasted about 2 seconds before I melted all of them.

Although T7 is in possibly the best spot for MM, the CV's often get T8 matches and AA takes a big step up at that Tier.

T5/T6 I can see the struggle, especially the BB's which really lack good AA. 

Like any ship its at the mercy of MM.

Its a little like Molotov. High tier offensive strike capability but with weaknesses built in. 

Members
2,406 posts
39,328 battles

Seen Kaga 2x but it was in a my full AA spec'd Kutuzov. Planes lasted about 2 seconds before I melted all of them.

Although T7 is in possibly the best spot for MM, the CV's often get T8 matches and AA takes a big step up at that Tier.

T5/T6 I can see the struggle, especially the BB's which really lack good AA. 

Like any ship its at the mercy of MM.

Its a little like Molotov. High tier offensive strike capability but with weaknesses built in. 

Love Kutuzov AA- it's like the Count from Sesame Street on speed...1, 1 plane shot down, 2, 2 planes shot down...until they're all gone.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,102 battles

Put a 19 pt Capt.  with manual AA in there and that will change. Only saw have seen 1 Kaga, with Atlanta- 45 shot down. I have no doubt Cleve will do as good if not better.

I did.  It was a full AA spec including BFT and AFT.  Do you think manual instead of AFT would make that much difference?

Sign in to follow this