You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tordenskiold

Twirly turrets and better HE on the Nuremberg? Heck yeah.

21 comments in this topic

Members
177 posts
1,304 battles

Guess I'm getting permanent camo on this one. It's already one of the ships I have the most fun in and probably my favorite non premium ship. It will now definitely have a permanent spot in my port and see much action in ranked.

I certainly appreciate this buff, but what was the reason for it? I think it's a pretty effective cruiser already. 

Members
1,112 posts
1,111 battles

It had been collecting mothballs in my port so I finally sold it. Next patch... BUFFS! Figures :sceptic:

Not sure if the changes will actually make it not the worst Tier 6 cruiser. Its major problem is not exploding when anything hits it and the buffs only help its damage output. Maybe you can dance a bit more with the 360 turrets.

Edited by JojoTheMongol

[MPIRE]
Banned
1,662 posts
27,586 battles

I missed seeing anything in the notes about the Nurnberg getting 360 turrets.  If they were going to buff the Nberg, I would have rather they made it so it didn't explode when an enemy ship looks at it.

• Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

It had been collecting mothballs in my port so I finally sold it. Next patch... BUFFS! Figures :sceptic:

Not sure if the changes will actually make it not the worst Tier 6 cruiser. Its major problem is not exploding when anything hits it and the buffs only help its damage output. Maybe you can dance a bit more with the 360 turrets.

Her survivability was patched a long time ago, she used to sit way too high in the water. Now the only problem is really she pathetic damage output. 9 6.5" guns, horrible shell arcs, unbelievably bad HE performance, etc.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,982 posts
3,253 battles

I'm already enjoying mine, 3K AP salvos to battleships from 10km are fun.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I missed seeing anything in the notes about the Nurnberg getting 360 turrets.  If they were going to buff the Nberg, I would have rather they made it so it didn't explode when an enemy ship looks at it.

It's right in the patch notes.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

When I played it, it was the worst tier 6 CA in the game. From the ease with which I have been killing them in every match, I don't think much changed.

[VIKNG]
Beta Testers
432 posts
14,016 battles

Already bought mine back days ago and training a Captain for it. Cant wait to try Her out, once buffed.  :playing:

[RLGN]
Members
19,141 posts
35,181 battles

Konigsburg was good at running away and shooting before, after it got the 360 buff it also became good at running TOWARDS an enemy, because the turrets could make a short 90-ish degree swing back and forth instead of having to go through 270 to change sides.

Never really liked Nurn, but maybe it will be better now with the 360 buff.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

Nurnburg is still a PoS. The HE damage is still low, and it's still made of glass and easy to citadel.

Not going to do jack. Now Hindenburg, that's a way different story. Now the HE will go right through a Khab's 50mm of armor no problem.

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

Maybe... I'll actually run the German cruiser line now.  Its the only non-american line that I never worked... and of course there's the Graf Spee captain as a bonus kicker.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,653 battles

Nurnburg is still a PoS. The HE damage is still low, and it's still made of glass and easy to citadel.

Not going to do jack. Now Hindenburg, that's a way different story. Now the HE will go right through a Khab's 50mm of armor no problem.

Expect buffs to Khabarovsk to compensate for this unanticipated nerf... :P

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,090 battles

Expect buffs to Khabarovsk to compensate for this unanticipated nerf... :P

Wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

[WOLFB]
Members
440 posts
9,792 battles

I was trying out my Nurnberg today after it sat gathering rust in my port for months. She might be made of toilet paper rolls but I was quickly reminded as to why i liked it so much.

Great firepower if you know how to use its arcs correctly, great rate of fire, decent maneuvering, decent AA, good hydro. Overall a decent ship very well suited to helping out your teammates. Also great for deleting DDs.

These buffs were definitely well deserved. Hopefully people will actually try her out again now.

Beta Testers
1,313 posts
12,709 battles

Been killing them left and right in matches, so if anything has been buffed maybe it's the life rafts?

I shoot at Nurns in my Buddy and generally just aim in the general direction of them and get citadels. Kind of a joke considering citadel don't exist on the Cleveland.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

They will probably do all these micro-buffs till the Nurnberg server stats look right.  Wasn't the HE penetration increased?

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Yes, but really, who cares?  The damage is still poor. an AP overpen causes comparable damage to an HE pen.  I think I'd rather take my chances spamming AP.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,750 battles

I missed seeing anything in the notes about the Nurnberg getting 360 turrets.

Did you open your eyes?

• Increased the armor penetration capability of HE shells for the following: Karlsruhe, Königsberg, Nürnberg, Yorck, Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen, Roon and Hindenburg

Now, HE shell penetration values calculate as 1/4 of a shell’s caliber when its values were 1/6 of shell caliber in Update 0.6.5 

• Nürnberg: Now has full circular rear turret rotation

[MPIRE]
Banned
1,662 posts
27,586 battles

Yes, but really, who cares?  The damage is still poor. an AP overpen causes comparable damage to an HE pen.  I think I'd rather take my chances spamming AP.

AP wont start fires though.  Nberg's 6 second reload gives you a great ship for roasting.

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

I will take it out for a spin tonight (I have a 15 point captain in it already) to see how the changes work out.  I am fine with it being made of paper, as it is supposed to be a glass cannon CL.  I enjoyed the ship when I was grinding thru the KM CA line, matter of fact it is still my third most played CA and I have three tier 10 CAs.   With the rumors that next season with be tier VI only, it might be viable as it won't be up tiered (which is the real issue it faces right now). 

[SWOLF]
Members
27 posts
21,726 battles

I always liked playing the Nberg but now it's insanely good. I went without IFHE since it only gives you the extra pen on the limited areas on 3 or so ships. Using just about only HE I'm doing about 30% more damage now.

Hopefully BB's don't catch on to how well this German loves BBQ.