Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StingRayOne

Should I Buy the KAGA

20 comments in this topic

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,824 battles

Good day,

I have read LittleWhiteMouse's Review and based on her information, I am clearly sitting on the fence trying to decide wether I should buy the Kaga and torment you all, Buy it and not be good enough or save the 45.00+ bucks for something else like a couple of pizza's. Maybe 7 lbs of good Bacon.

I am worried I might waste my planes to quick and get pissed.

Your thoughts and comments are appreciated as it will be you I am playing with and against.

Thanks

StingRayOne

[LCC]
Members
6 posts
1,124 battles

It depends how often you play CV's I bought the Saipan and regret it now. Just for one reason I do not play them nearly enough to enjoy it. I am now waiting for the Alabama to go on sale again or the Roma. 

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

The fact that you are asking a question shows you are interested.

I voted YES for that reason alone.

This is a game, so nobody will be harmed if you flop.  The idea is to have fun here.

And you can always hurt bots if tormenting humans doesn't cut it.

[TOG]
Members
4,758 posts
34,564 battles

The questions you're gonna have to ask if you can afford it is this"

1. Do you play/enjoy CV's?

2. Are you a veteran or a novice?

3. Can you micromanange?

If the answer is yes to 1 and 3 and you're a veteran CV player, then I say get her. If ranked battle returns to T7, she's a perfect counter to the Saipan. that's assuming Enterprise doesn't show up before then.

If the answer to number 2 is novice, I'd recommend starting with the Rjuho first to 10 points then working with the Kaga.

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles

Well it's your money, not ours. For myself i won't buy it because I don't play CV's as I hate top down games. If you already play CV's and enjoy it, then $45.00 may be a good purchase. After all, going to a move can cost more than that and at most that's on average 2 hours of entertainment.  

[A-D]
Beta Testers, Alpha Tester
2,638 posts

Have you played Hiryuu? How do you feel about T6 planes on a T7 ship that might see T9 AA? Or face off against Saipan's speedy and lethal T9 planes?

If you like CV play, you have experience with the above and don't mind it... then yeah, get her. If it's just "Well the reviewers said she's OP", don't, you're in for a world of pain.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

I think you should buy two of them and play them both at the same time.

I just realized how hilarious it would be to twobox CVs in your own division... thank god they don't let more than one CV into a div. 
  • Cool 1

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

I get frustrated because the planes can't outrun Saipan's fighters. I've been a clear skies provider in the 3 matches I played in randoms. Not to mention that if your planes go anywhere near a higher tier ship, they're gone. It's honestly a very annoying ship to play right now, because in co-op, bots try to strike immediately. So you go to randoms trying to learn the cv, and the enemy cv is just trying to troll the hell out of you. Seriously, Kaga fighters are worthless. Just a distraction to keep enemy fighters away from your strike aircraft just long enough for you to get a strike. But then enemy fighters have shot down all of your fighters, and then kill your returning strike aircraft which cannot outrun Saipan planes. I'm not sure if cv players are out in force to seal club new Kaga drivers, but if you want a higher cv population, let them learn the carrier. Let them drop a few strikes, etc. Honestly, I want to ignore the enemy cv because I don't stand a chance. I'm not saying a cv truce, rather that Kaga will not last against any t7 cv, so it's pointless to fight it. I'll let you enjoy your game, I'll learn mine. The problem is that enemy cv's see I have a high WR or am R1, and think I'm a great cv player. So they go for a strike immediately or focus on killing all of my planes. Kaga is not fun to play.

I'm going to restrict its use to the training room.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

No, resist the urge to buy a 'Lollipop for Suckers'.

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
20,488 battles

i looked at your stats, and.........

1) youre a DD main, why waste money on a CV

2) your top 2 ships are already prem IJN DD, do you really need another IJN trainer?

3) you have atago, kutuzov, scharn, and even missouri. you dont need another less efficient credit farmer

4) looking at your saipan stats.....with the amount of plane/dmg you did with her T9 planes, i really dont think you would enjoy kaga and her T6 planes.....

• Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,187 posts
15,766 battles

It is your money but carriers are not one of your better classes. I know I won't be for that very reason.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

Can I buy your Avatar?

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,824 battles

OK

you all sold me

NO i won't buy the Kaga then

Thank you all for playing

To answers some questions

I do not excel at Cvs when I am playing upside down

I hate the fact they do not have a choose your own loadout.

I think i am ok at cvs overall

I like DDs better and have way to many premiums and would like to seelll a few.

NO you cannot buy my avatars because they were rentals.

• Cool 1

Members
4 posts
9,775 battles

I was going to buy Kaga, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they screwed up the model. Kaga had two dual struts holding up the front of the flight deck, not three. Why would they take the liberty to add another pair of struts? They ruined the model of one of the coolest ships in the game. Hell, why not add a third smokestack to Iowa, or put two islands on Lexington? Yeah, I know, most haven't a clue or could care less.

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,213 battles

If you're good at or like playing or/& grinding the Japanese CV line then yes just buy the Kaga.

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

Too bad I can't give you my Saipan. Made the mistake of buying it before I actually tried CV play, which is not my thing. Never played my Saipan either. It just sits in port. As for kaga, sorry, no opinion either way.

Members
83 posts
10,099 battles

I was going to buy Kaga, but for the life of me I can't figure out why they screwed up the model. Kaga had two dual struts holding up the front of the flight deck, not three. Why would they take the liberty to add another pair of struts? They ruined the model of one of the coolest ships in the game. Hell, why not add a third smokestack to Iowa, or put two islands on Lexington? Yeah, I know, most haven't a clue or could care less.

The third strut was added 18 November 1940.

[quote name=

18 November 1940: 
Overhaul is completed. Undocked. Her flight deck is enlarged and reinforced. If not earlier in May, an additional pair of support pillars are placed forward in-between the two existing pairs. (Most likely related to a catapult system, see Data Page) Her hanger areas are enlarged to accommodate the new generation of aircraft. Her arrester gear is replaced by a Type 3 system and her bridge is modernized. Four additional Type 96 twin 25-mm guns are fitted on sponsons. Her airgroup consists of 12 Mitsubishi A5M4 fighters, 24 Aichi D1A2 bombers and 36 Yokosuka B4Y1 attack planes with another 18 aircraft carried in crates as spares.

Sign in to follow this