Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TenguBlade

WoWS Core Files?

0 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Does anyone know what exactly counts as "core files" for this game?  I'm trying to load WoWS on my laptop again after switching it to Ubuntu - some people who left impressions on WineHQ (I believe they play on EU, but it shouldn't matter) have reported the game itself is quite compatible provided you run it with Wine and have the proper setup, but my version of Wine does not like the Game Center launcher or installer at all.  I did file a bug report for the most common error message (crash on startup with "...cannot recover from an error.  Please reinstall the application from the Support Center."), but I doubt it'll be of much help since I'm no longer running a proper Windows installation to begin with.

At any rate, in the meantime I'm considering just downloading the game via torrent or copy-pasting the installation over from someone else's machine and repairing the installation from the launcher afterwards.  The question is mostly so I just waste the least amount of anyone's time and copy the bare minimum over, letting the updater take care of the rest.

Edited by TenguBlade

Sign in to follow this