You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CPT_Nelson

I just got the Bismarck, I have a question about moving a captain to it.

3 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
801 posts
4,296 battles

So as the title says, I finally managed the campaign, yay for me! I currently have a 19 point captain on my Scharnhorst (which my auto-correct wants to change to cornstarch lul) and I was wondering how this works. I have never done this in over 4000 games and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks for any tips! :honoring:

[JOLLY]
[JOLLY]
Alpha Tester
578 posts
6,132 battles

Move the Scharnhorst Captain to Bismarck and retrain it as Bismarck Captain with 100% XP (not losing any XP) by 500 gold.

Check if the skills fit the Bismarck, if not retrain skills (paying the normal gold for it).

Because Scharnhorst is a premium ship you can still use the Bismarck captain in it without any penalty.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Move the Scharnhorst Captain to Bismarck and retrain it as Bismarck Captain with 100% XP (not losing any XP) by 500 gold.

Check if the skills fit the Bismarck, if not retrain skills (paying the normal gold for it).

Because Scharnhorst is a premium ship you can still use the Bismarck captain in it without any penalty.

This ^^^^^ ; BUT if you have a bunch of free xp and/or elite commanders xp you can retrain to 100% just using credits and those xp . First retrain to 50% with 200,000 credits then click the + sign next to the commanders name and it will tell you how much (first) elite xp and/or free xp is needed to finish retraining to 100%  .

:honoring:

EDIT : Forgot about if you need to redistribute . You can do that with elite/free xp also but on a 19 skill point capt. it costs 190,000 xp and I ; personally ; find spending about $3 for 500 doubloons a better way to do it as that elite xp can be used for retraining and accelerating commanders as a more valuable use .

Edited by Chien_Lu_Anderman
  • Cool 1

Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Your captain will still work perfectly in the Cornstarch no matter what you do with it.

You can even use it to retrain the captain into the Bismarck if you choose one of the non-doubloon options.

Like previous poster, I also recommend the 200k silver option, then + the rest with free captain xp. You must have a bunch of that if you've got a 19pt captain.

Edited by grumpymunky
  • Cool 1