Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Psycodiver

Goodbye NC, Hello Iowa

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,747 posts
3,622 battles

Goodbye ol' friend, I loved you, I hated you, you brought me great joy and much frustration, and if I can sum this ship up for myself it would be inconstant. I bought this ship in May last year and it took me 88 battles to grind through her. Why so long you ask, well at the time high tier play was a brick wall I had no interest in dealing with and she was vastly different from the USN standards I came to love. I maybe had 10 games in her for the first 6 months but since the beginning of the year I started playing her more and more and started to love her. The issue I had was I could have games were I did a easy 120k damage or a frustrating 40k damage game. Also with the MM changes I found her being bottom tier allot more that she should have but she is more capable of handling herself in T10 matches when played right. Lets get down the the nitty-gritty

Guns: This took getting used to, but once you figure them out they become hilarious, especially against KM BBs at long range, its so easy to take 10-20k cuts out of them, but at close range it really favors them. This ship loves cruiser citadels, I dunno why I play the Amagi on PTS every session and while she is a great ship, the NC is just a cruiser citadel machine. I ended up logging in a bunch of time in COOP while learning her guns but once you learn them they get easy. I never upgraded the FCS as I found the stock range more than capable in all matches

AA: Its a shame I never got to put this to full use, CVs avoided me. I ran the AA mod along with BFT and AFT and I only had one game recently where a Hiryuu had a hard on for me and I deleted 32 of his planes for a single torpedo hits. Other than that I think my 100+ AA rating acted more as a deterrent than anything

I ran full concealment build on mine and found its ability disappear  and heal extremely handy when being focused down. Her speed was very nice to have also and with rudder upgrade she could really wiggle and kite enemy players. I think she is a tougher ship for new players to high tier because she is a very different ship from what came before unlike the IJN and KM lines where they are more of a progression.

I had a 50%WR (one of my worse WR for any ship), Averaged 66,926 damage, 1109XP, Survival 42%, accuracy 24%, and WTR 1158. Hopefully I can be more constant in the Iowa

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles

The Iowa's citadel got lowered in 0.6.6 so now it plays more like a tier 9 North Carolina than it did before, which is great if you like the North Carolina.

Members
343 posts
20 battles

42% survival rate in a BB

sounds like back like back line camping to me

Beta Testers
1,278 posts
16,820 battles

I struggled with the decision to sell NC.  Mostly from a nostalgia standpoint as the real ship is roughly 1.5 hours north of where I live.  Been on her a half dozen times.  But I have the Alabama which I find to be NC's slightly tougher older brother, and I needed to move on to Iowa.

Sign in to follow this