Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Detonations?

16 comments in this topic

Members
2,066 posts
23,613 battles

I was away for 3 months and have noticed way more detonations since I came back. Is this something they increased the chance of since I was away? I've had myself and div mates get detonated and when you look at the black outline of my dead ship or there's we were always angled like non noobs in relation to the ship doing the shooting. I saw a div mates get detonated from full health by a Henry 4 while he was bow angled in a Hindenburg. This is not a complaint just an observation. If it was increased I would like to know as I may start running flags on ships I never felt the need to.

[NO2BB]
Members
3,885 posts
24,515 battles

we were always angled like non noobs

:D

>people getting better at the game

>aim gets better

>people aim for magazines much more often

>non noob angling not enough to protect you

>detonations increase in numbers

pretty straightforward

Edited by m373x

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles

If anything, I've noticed less detonations, probably due to the flag that makes a detonation 100% unlikely and because people are getting better at angling.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,724 posts
26,569 battles

Confirmation bias.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

NO they have not increased.:angry:

but..... but,,,,,, he says they have....

[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

No, haven't read anything to make me think detonation chance increased. It does seem to come in waves though, no detonations for months.. then several in a day lol

Members
765 posts
2,849 battles

I was away for 3 months and have noticed way more detonations since I came back. Is this something they increased the chance of since I was away? I've had myself and div mates get detonated and when you look at the black outline of my dead ship or there's we were always angled like non noobs in relation to the ship doing the shooting. I saw a div mates get detonated from full health by a Henry 4 while he was bow angled in a Hindenburg. This is not a complaint just an observation. If it was increased I would like to know as I may start running flags on ships I never felt the need to.

I have noticed more detonations.  As a caveat, i must say i switched from anti-detonation modules to the maingun-repair modules.  That said detonations for me, went from one per 200 battles to one per 50 battles.  Detonation really hurts when you are at full health and just getting into an excellent position.  

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

It depends what he means by "three months". After 0.5.8 WG cranked up dets for a while, then in the next patch knocked them back some. But he might have been here prior to that fiasco....

Members
19 posts
7,223 battles

At one point I had my tinfoil hat on and swore they had made detonations more prevalent; then I remembered I was playing DD's and cruisers more often then battleships in order to change things up. Sometimes confirmation bias hurts... As far as detonations go, they are either really irritating or hilarious when times correctly (incorrectly?). For example; putting into division chat "watch this" and then six seconds later erupting into a fireball.

• Cool 1

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

It depends what he means by "three months". After 0.5.8 WG cranked up dets for a while, then in the next patch knocked them back some. But he might have been here prior to that fiasco....

Citation needed.

Sign in to follow this