You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dunk_Master_Flex

Tier X RN BB Spotted?

47 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

So.. 18" guns? Or still standard 16?

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Intresing... 82900 hitpoints is lighter than the other BBs at tier V... what are the damage numbers on the guns? That could clue us in on the caliber, although I expect 18" based on the fact there's only eight of them... and ​holy crap, is THAT RADAR?!?!?!!?

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members, Beta Testers
3,105 posts
10,282 battles

Oh look, more battleship radar. :tea_cap:

Wargaming, please don't.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

The K2 had 18 inch guns.

YES!

I WANT THIS NOW!

Someone just modded over a Leander. The shadow in the water is Leander's.

​https://worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/pve-campaign/
Edited by Zakuul

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Sooo... where'd you get the picture?

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

Looks a lot like Vanguard to me. But I don't know jack....:B

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/06/05/world-of-warships-british-royal-navy-battleships-confirmed/

"Some new information just arrived by email, it seems it’s not the HMS Vanguard, but a Lion-class armed with proposed 4×2 457mm guns."

"And even more information. It seems some images suggest it could be in fact a Design L2 Battleship, with 4×2 18″ guns.

preposed20uk20bbs20smallest
battleshipslll2

Comparing these images with the game screen grab, we can see they are very similar. What do you think?"

Edited by Carrier_Lexington

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

Transom stern, two funnels, 8x guns - Looks very similar to Vanguard - makes sense that it would be the Lion as the Vanguard was derived from the Lion designs.  Would have thought that the guns would be 16", but for balance purposes, could be 18".

Even has the secondaries and the AA guns in the correct place.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=MbK%2fCRCq&id=446B8035AAAE0A9C5D5BE04E951396AC6C91B8D7&thid=OIP.MbK_CRCqoT7v-55bpXq6XgEaDd&q=hms+vanguard&simid=608040115054119514&selectedIndex=19&ajaxhist=0

Edit - was confirmed to be a derivative of the Lion with 18" guns called the Conqueror.  Conqueror at TX, Lion at TIX

Edited by jmanII

[PROJX]
Members
1,120 posts
41,079 battles

Transom stern, two funnels, 8x guns - possibly 15"?  Looks very similar to Vanguard

Even has the secondaries and the AA guns in the correct place.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=MbK%2fCRCq&id=446B8035AAAE0A9C5D5BE04E951396AC6C91B8D7&thid=OIP.MbK_CRCqoT7v-55bpXq6XgEaDd&q=hms+vanguard&simid=608040115054119514&selectedIndex=19&ajaxhist=0

Kinda agree, that the ship appearance looks very much like the Vanguard (turrets are a little off near the rear in the range finder portion tho).  The OP's assertion of  K2 Design in the 4x2 18" gun manifestation would make sense for a Tier X ship.  The actual Vanguard was armed w/ repurposed 15" guns from an earlier ship era & tho it may appear in the line, would be misplaced at Tier X for balance reasons.  Assuming this is real and not a photoshop, I can see WG marrying the Vanguard appearance (I.e. Since it was the last real British BB, it reflects the progression of design philosophy for the most recent in line) w/ suitable gun parameters to make it a competitive tier X (given for game balance reasons, the T10 would be expected to be a paper ship).

Edited by hangglide42

[ONE38]
Members
3,782 posts
14,818 battles

The game is at a good saturation point with radar and hydro as it is now. Please don't. 

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,457 battles

If any BB line gets radar it should be the American BB line. Also did any one notice to get radar this BB had to give up a repair and a catapult aircraft.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

I wonder at what point the game mechanics will become so saturated with supplemental modules/skills/flags/camos et all that people will just say, "Okay.... enough. The fun has been engineered out of it." 

Is this another one of those "battleships cannot survive - give it radar" things? 

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles

OK Let's play guess it's weight. It's got 82,900 hitpoints so I'm going to guess . . . 60,000 tons.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

Is this another one of those "battleships cannot survive - give it radar" things? 

According to Octavian, it's for balance purposes.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

If any BB line gets radar it should be the American BB line. Also did any one notice to get radar this BB had to give up a repair and a catapult aircraft.

I did.

Let's stop complaining about British BBs getting Radar. They can't heal, so they're just massive cruisers. (Hilariously enough, the British Light Cruisers can heal but can't Radar [excluding Belfast]... and the British Battleships can Radar but can't heal. The irony.)

[TSAR]
Members
149 posts
5,457 battles

I did.

Let's stop complaining about British BBs getting Radar. They can't heal, so they're just massive cruisers. (Hilariously enough, the British Light Cruisers can heal but can't Radar [excluding Belfast]... and the British Battleships can Radar but can't heal. The irony.)

I guess I didn't make it clear. They lose one repair so instead a stock of three it's two. And what do you mean By I did?

PS: I like your profile image of Avacyn the purifier.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

I guess I didn't make it clear. They lose one repair so instead a stock of three it's two. And what do you mean By I did?

PS: I like your profile image of Avacyn the purifier.

Oh... *rechecks image* you're right. Also, I meant I noticed.

And thanks... :)

[WBLDG]
Beta Testers
373 posts
4,121 battles

I'm pretty sure the British have as much if not more right to radar on all their ships then the US. The British started the war with Radar, the US fitted about mid-war. Also the British taught the US a few tricks for using radar and carriers ( see USS Robin ).

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

According to Octavian, it's for balance purposes.

Balance purposes my [edited], it has only 2 heals.  Just give it the goddamn 3rd heal back and upgrade it to Warspite or Colorado's if survivability is going to be that big of an issue.

Edited by TenguBlade