You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
11thACRColdsteel

Russian BBs....will politics override reality?

138 comments in this topic

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

Many players have suspected that politics have played a role in the terrible performance of the US CVs in this game.  From Tier IV and up the US tech tree CVs are not only behind their counterparts in WR but they are so bad it seems to be something intentional....how could every single one be so terrible if it is not some systematic scheme?  The only exception is the premium Saipan at Tier VII.  But let's put aside for a moment and consider the upcoming Russian BBs.

I fear that when the Russian BBs are fielded they will be OP.   I hope not, but there is an inherent Russian bias that we have seen in WOT and WOWP.

If the Russian BBs (which have never fired a shot in anger in the real world, and the vast majority of which will never have had a keel laid down) come out and are outplaying US, IJN and Brit BBs it will be a total travesty.  You put that together with them making a total joke of the US CVs and you can call that Russian bias, a political statement, whatever you want.  But it will take this game totally away from reality and into fantasy land.

Please please please don't do this.... 

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

Has nothing to do with politics.

Has everything to do with HERITAGE.

edit:  and making money...  lol

Edited by AVR_Project
  • Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

Let's hope there were some serious lessons learned with the Nikolai monster debacle.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I guess you have forgotten just how powerful USN cvs were when they could field 2 6 plane TB squadrons. It's the greater flexibility IJN cvs have that allow them to outperform USN cvs and not having to be reliant so much on DB for damage. This isnt due to an inherent bias against the USN cvs its a balancing decision. I do think USN cvs need some love to be more competitive with IJN cvs.

Edited by RipNuN2

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

I guess you have forgotten just how powerful USN cvs were when they could field 2 6 plane TB squadrons. It's the greater flexibility IJN cvs have that allow them to outperform USN cvs and not having to be reliant so much on DB for damage. This isnt due to an inherent bias against the USN cvs its a balancing decision. I do think USN cvs need some love to be more competitive with IJN cvs.

"need some love?"  have you seen the server stats lately?   Over the last two weeks the WR are:

Midway 48%

Essex 45%

Lexington 47%

Ranger 46%

Indy 49%

Bogue 49%

How can a ship have a 45% WR????  How can this be if it is not something intentional on the part of WG????

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

This. The idea there an inherent bias that screws USN CVs is entirely false, and WG has flat out said they're not happy the way the dynamic between IJN and USN CVs has turned out. People forget, there was a time when USN CVs were some of the scariest ships in the game.

As for battleships... we'll have to see. The tier III will have to be paper, Russia has no option there. Tier IV and V can both be taken by Imperial ships that were actually built... and then beyond that, you've got next to nothing. You've got the Soyuz-class battleship that was never completed that could be tier IX or X, and then two battlecruisers in the same way (Kronshtadt and Borodino) that could make interesting premiums... 

So lots of paper. As in, 5 to 6 ships depending on how you count it.

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

This. The idea there an inherent bias that screws USN CVs is entirely false, and WG has flat out said they're not happy the way the dynamic between IJN and USN CVs has turned out. People forget, there was a time when USN CVs were some of the scariest ships in the game.

As for battleships... we'll have to see. The tier III will have to be paper, Russia has no option there. Tier IV and V can both be taken by Imperial ships that were actually built... and then beyond that, you've got next to nothing. You've got the Soyuz-class battleship that was never completed that could be tier IX or X, and then two battlecruisers in the same way (Kronshtadt and Borodino) that could make interesting premiums... 

So lots of paper. As in, 5 to 6 ships depending on how you count it.

They've been saying this for a year....it doesn't take that long to fix this kind of issue...they have done NOTHING to remedy the problem....it could be fixed in one update....they give it lip service to keep NA players mollified, but take no action....they shown demonstrated zero effort in trying to fix it...

• Cool 1

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

They've been saying this for a year....it doesn't take that long to fix this kind of issue...they have done NOTHING to remedy the problem....it could be fixed in one update....they give it lip service to keep NA players mollified, but take no action....they shown demonstrated zero effort in trying to fix it...

You think you can fix everything. it's a good mentality,  reality nothing is never easy.  Did you get that programming degree yet to show WG how to fix it?

[KMS]
4,045 posts

"need some love?"  have you seen the server stats lately?   Over the last two weeks the WR are:

Midway 48%

Essex 45%

Lexington 47%

Ranger 46%

Indy 49%

Bogue 49%

How can a ship have a 45% WR????  How can this be if it is not something intentional on the part of WG????

You should really sit down and think how a CV has a 45% win rate.  Think hard and long enough you will figure it out.  It's probably the one ship in the game that can kill 5 ships and do over 100k dmg and still lose the game.  A CV is never alone, it's alway competing against another CV.    Need to compare head to head US CVs against each other.
Edited by Nachoo31

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

You think you can fix everything. it's a good mentality,  reality nothing is never easy.  Did you get that programming degree yet to show WG how to fix it?

Have you played WOT or WOWP?  If you have you have seen a inherent Russian bias.  And in this game you have seen it also.  They can buff ships overnight if they want to, and have done so....

We shall see when the Russian BBs get fielded if I am right or wrong....but having played almost 50,000 battles in WOT and WOWP, I know what's coming when the Russian BBs are fielded...although this time it's a fantasy fleet that never existed except for a few exceptions...

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

It's not just NA players, people hate the inbalance on EU, RU, and SEA as well. It's just difficult for them to fix because they shot themselves in the foot by trying to make squadron size part of a national flavoring.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Never fired a shot in anger?!? What do you call firing on the German 8th Army in June 1941 by Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya??

[KMS]
4,045 posts

Have you played WOT or WOWP?  If you have you have seen a inherent Russian bias.  And in this game you have seen it also.  They can buff ships overnight if they want to, and have done so....

We shall see when the Russian BBs get fielded if I am right or wrong....but having played almost 50,000 battles in WOT and WOWP, I know what's coming when the Russian BBs are fielded...although this time it's a fantasy fleet that never existed except for a few exceptions...

​Russian Tanks did have awesome armor in real life.  I think I had over 15k Tank battles. Didn't play Planes enough.

[NO]
Members
865 posts
9,391 battles

If one ship is "bad" and the other is the "correct" choice for good players than that view alone would make a difference in stats because a player concerned with winning and doing well is FAR more likely to pick one ship over the other.    Despite whatever imbalances exist between the CVs (and there are a few) the difference is not quite so dire as some people make it out to be if they look at the stat differences between players who have both ships compared to just server stats at large.

Edited by LordBenjamin

Members
5,165 posts
60 battles

What are you talking about? Do you really think communism still exist in Russia now? If you think this game is created with an ideology preaching for a political goal in mind, people wouldn't be here to stay anymore.

Please stop this hysteria propaganda.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Considering I can make most crappy BBs perform decently well, I'm looking forward to a Russian Bias BB. 

Members
2,335 posts
6,897 battles

Why would you think there is a Russian Bias you sound like CNN. If you watch the Naval Legends series you would see these people love ships and the history of them. They try to build the ships as close to the statistics on the blue prints. They are what they are. :look:

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

What are you talking about? Do you really think communism still exist in Russia now? If you think this game is created with an ideology preaching for a political goal in mind, people wouldn't be here to stay anymore.

Please stop this hysteria propaganda.

Ummmmm.....hello?????  Earth calling Xero, yes communism still exists in Russia....where have you been?   I'm not saying there is some communist plot...but there is, and has been in every single WG product, a Russian bias....

Whether it's national pride, cultural, or economic (as the majority of the player on the RU servers) it's a clear bias....

• Cool 1

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

Never fired a shot in anger?!? What do you call firing on the German 8th Army in June 1941 by Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya??

Not exactly a long track record of success in blue water ship versus ship combat....

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

Why would you think there is a Russian Bias you sound like CNN. If you watch the Naval Legends series you would see these people love ships and the history of them. They try to build the ships as close to the statistics on the blue prints. They are what they are. :look:

Yes, the Naval Legends series is very cool.  It's well done, well produced and edited, and great info.  I have praised those videos repeatedly on these forums....

But no, they don't build ships as close to the statistics as they can be...they design ships for different niches and then slap a historical name on it for the most part ....the best example is the Bismarck and Tirpitz ....sister ships that aren't anything alike in this game, and neither anywhere near the specs on the real world ship...

[NDA]
Alpha Tester
6,193 posts
4,955 battles

When it comes to battleships, things like All or Nothing armor schemes, decapping plates, and anti torpedo bulges work against you in the game...

They're innovations in ship design IRL, but all they do is give your ship a space for AP shells to explode and do 33% pen damage irrespective of location or not penetrating the main deck/belt armor  (eg: bow, stern spaces, casemates, between the vertical outside armor and main belt of ships like Iowa) and 'traditionally' armored ships like the Nikolai have an advantage when hit on places like the bow on the waterline with a chance to bounce and no overmatch.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

Earth calling Xero, yes communism still exists in Russia

Ummm.... no.

Anyway, how about let's not whine about things that haven't been introduced yet?