Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
StingRayOne

How I got the Bismarck

7 comments in this topic

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,832 battles

Hello,

well I know the event is coming to a close but I would like to tell you how I got my Bismarck.

You see I knew I would not be able to play much or enough for the event win. I was away for ten days of travel.

So since I had the Gneisenau with like 3k exp on it , I used the ship for the event.

For every mission I could I used this Boat, thus i was able to generate 112k exp for the ship and 34 free exp while grinding.

I only deviated for;

the spotting events where I was my Russian Super DD with 40 Knot speed and extended boost.

The Carrier where needed for Ariel

The Cruiser where needed.

Last Night I made it to level 7 and in no way could I win, but I have

my camo for Bis and the Hood

all the shield, a boat load of flags and extras and the Bis.

Thanks WG, it was a fun run.

[WOLF4]
Members
199 posts
6,133 battles

This describes exactly how I got the Bismarck. I have been playing the Gneisenau long before the event and had enough experience to just outright grind up to the Bis. Like you said, if you played once a day to get the XP bonus, it was pretty easy to grind.

The problem now though...I played last night and there were eight Bismarcks! I've heard others saying they have seen ten in-game at times (five per side). :)

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

This describes exactly how I got the Bismarck. I have been playing the Gneisenau long before the event and had enough experience to just outright grind up to the Bis. Like you said, if you played once a day to get the XP bonus, it was pretty easy to grind.

The problem now though...I played last night and there were eight Bismarcks! I've heard others saying they have seen ten in-game at times (five per side). :)

....  & there wasn't going to be a dangerous precedent set ........ ROFL.

[RLGN]
Members
19,142 posts
35,184 battles

Mostly used my tier 5 ships, with some tier 6 thrown in for good measure, (Bogue, Fujin and cousins, Emerald, Marblehead, the ARP Kongos, Cleveland, New Mexico, Arizona,) with a bit of Lebe-kun thrown is as well.

Good job!

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,189 posts
15,767 battles

I already had the Bismarck so I just picked tasks that I could complete easily in regular play with no grinding.

Alpha Tester
2,902 posts
6,252 battles

Hood, Zuiho, Leningrad, secondary Spec Tirpitz.  Pretty much the only ships I needed.  I wanted to complete it with honors, but I'm going to be short 2 or 3 tasks.  Mainly the darn steering gears one.  Engines?  no problem, steering gears are the bane of my existence so far though. 

[TORP]
[TORP]
Members
290 posts
40,698 battles

I used my Hood, MO, Fuso,Tirpitz, CO various CAs, TX DDs and CVs as needed. Essentially what ever ship needed grinding and the MO to generate credits to get a couple of tier VIII ships I had unlocked but did not have the money to purchase. The Bismarck dollars got me the NC money from the MO the Baltimore and Nagato.  Once in a while divisioned up with a buddy with only tier V and VI ships.  Used my Hindy once in a while for either module damage or just over all damage tasks.

Edited by diddlyv

[RRC]
Members
293 posts
4,761 battles

I finished the campaign playing nothing but DDs. Mostly a lot of Khab. Some Fletcher and Gearing here and there for the torpedo missions. Skipped all the missions that had CA/CL, CV, or BB as a required ship. 

Sign in to follow this