You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cruxdei

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya tier5 BB pics

207 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

They need to get rid of the long two worded name, and simply call her Gangut, as simple one worded names are much easier to remember and associate with.  Then when it comes to the game, people are going to call her The Gangster.

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

Check attachment

from the looks of it,she might mimic nikolai gameplay,but i don't know how strong her angled armor can be.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

from the looks of it,she might mimic nikolai gameplay,but i don't know how strong her angled armor can be.

Her armor is not as strong as the Nikolai, but she's like 3 knots faster, and 24 knots actually do matter over 21 knots.

And I expect her to get the documented 2.2 rounds per minute firing rate (Navweaps), which is a big boost over the 1.7 RPM on the Nikolai.  

She also has better underwater protection than the Nikolai.  Her 1934 refit changed all her engines, which were now much more compact, and the extra space wa used for underwater protection.

Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya, now say that really fast five times :P

1f39c3fb48222d77fe4d0521259e5afc.jpg

[KSF]
-Members-
5,295 posts
9,208 battles

Easy peasy, speaking Russian really helps :D

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,874 battles

After chugging half a bottle of Vodka..  It gets easy.

Hmmmm...  Another Krasny Krym type fail facing tier 7 ships..  Good luck balancing that.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

So will we see her today (June 5th), as predicted on the Q&A on Reddit suggested?

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

So will we see her today (June 5th), as predicted on the Q&A on Reddit suggested?

you saw her today,there she is.

now if she will come to live server?no

she went to super tester i think.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,882 posts
2,681 battles

October Revolution

Surely they wont just shorten that to October, or Revolution.  

Perhaps Red October?

Needs a Sean Connery captain voice. 

She's definitely not a pretty ship, though.

Edited by CaptainKaitoGhost
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

So...this basically amounts to a "Krispy Kreme'd" Nikolai with inferior armor and a less convenient turret arrangement?

I have no doubts that the improved speed, RoF, range, torpedo defense, and AA will allow Red October to hold its own at T5.  Still, as a Nikolai owner, I can't say this interests me enough to warrant a purchase - especially since another Gangut is almost certain to appear in the eventual Russian BB tech tree.

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

Needs a Sean Connery captain voice. 

She's definitely not a pretty ship, though.

t5 ships are not exactly pretty,sorry kongo users.

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles

Her armor is not as strong as the Nikolai, but she's like 3 knots faster, and 24 knots actually do matter over 21 knots.

And I expect her to get the documented 2.2 rounds per minute firing rate (Navweaps), which is a big boost over the 1.7 RPM on the Nikolai.  

She also has better underwater protection than the Nikolai.  Her 1934 refit changed all her engines, which were now much more compact, and the extra space wa used for underwater protection.

Downsides would be she's got a lot more superstructure to shoot at, the taller ship will have worse concealment and the no.2 turret points aft so it won't be able to shift between sides of the ship as fast as the corresponding turret on Nikolai (at least not when you're approaching the enemy). On the plus side she has actual AA and the taller superstructure has the director on the very top so it should mean significantly longer firing range.

October Revolution

Surely they wont just shorten that to October, or Revolution.  

Perhaps Red October?

Red October would be "Krasny Oktyabr".

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles

Just imagine the seal clubbing that will be going on when all those top 19 point captains from the Nikolai get moved across...

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

Downsides would be she's got a lot more superstructure to shoot at, the taller ship will have worse concealment and the no.2 turret points aft so it won't be able to shift between sides of the ship as fast as the corresponding turret on Nikolai (at least not when you're approaching the enemy). On the plus side she has actual AA and the taller superstructure has the director on the very top so it should mean significantly longer firing range.

if october have the same railgun accuracy of russian ships,she might abuse that long range.

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles

I realise that - but like I said, the alternatives dont have the same ring to it.  

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

kaga released,it took 2 months or more for her to be released,from the day she got leaked to the day she went live.

except red october to join the live server in august or later.

Edited by Cruxdei

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Looks balanced