Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

Seagal - NC, Iowa, MO, Montana

16 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
7,138 posts
12,577 battles

Eventually I might decide to grind up US BB line. Currently on NC with 50K ship XP left to reach Iowa. Since not enthusiastic about training another captain (NC isn't a favorite ship of mine), though I'd stick to Seagal for captaining them all.

Currently he's at 13 points (3 unused) with EL, EM, SI, and CE. I'm thinking of JoaT, Manual AA, AFT, or FP as future skills. Iowa I'm thinking of outfitting same as MO (MAM1, AAM2, arty plotting room, DC1, steering, and concealment), maybe same with Montana but open to secondary build on her since adding AFT kicks the secondary range to past 7km, though not safe to use until mid to late battle.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I placed the Seagull on my US DD line as that was the last of the original lines I started. He is on the Clemson atm w 8 pts (6 assigned) so AFT is next.

IMHO, the Seagull deserves to serve in/on a Tin Can, lol.

My regular shift up the line US BB Cpt  (a Commodore) has PM, EL, HA, BoS & FP (& 1 pt towards Sup). I like survive a pounding mode Cpt upgrades for BBs.

Edited by aethervox

[DO-IT]
Beta Testers
130 posts

NC is arguably the highlight of the USN line right now.  Building an american battleship for secondaries is a basically a waste.  Some of the best dual purpose guns ever built.... completely useless as secondaries in this game.

[ANKER]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,115 posts
7,282 battles

I placed the Seagull on my US DD line as that was the last of the original lines I started. He is on the Clemson atm w 8 pts (6 assigned) so AFT is next.

IMHO, the Seagull deserves to serve in/on a Tin Can, lol.

My regular shift up the line US BB Cpt  (a Commodore) has PM, EL, HA, BoS & FP (& 1 pt towards Sup). I like survive a pounding mode Cpt upgrades for BBs.

The buff to turret traverse is too good to not be on BBs IMHO. It's nice having a zippy turret for a BB.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

Special Captain Steven Segal Gives these 2 buffed captain skills EXPERT LOADER you get a -75% reduction in HE-AP shell switch instead of 50%

With EXPERT MARKSMAN Segal gives you +1deg faster turrets instead of .0.7 for guns bigger than 139mm

If you dont have these 2 Captain skills on the ship than you get no buff

Edited by HMCS_Devilfish

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles

Don't understand why we get Steven Segal of all actors as a captain, why not John Wayne?

Also what does the special captain get you anyway? And how do you get a special captain?

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,033 battles

Special Captain Steven Segal Gives these 2 buffed captain skills EXPERT LOADER you get a -75% reduction in HE-AP shell switch instead of 50%

With EXPERT MARKSMAN Segal gives you +1deg faster turrets instead of .0.7 for guns bigger than 139mm

If you dont have these 2 Captain skills on the ship than you get no buff

Both buffs argue for a BB.

What cruiser has a long enough reload to warrant the Expert Loader skill?  None. It's only a 25% reduction in the switchover time. Besides, just fire the guns in a cruiser and switch. On North Carolina, EL drops it down to 7 seconds from 14. That's significant. And with nearly 30s reload, it's worth switching to HE when that Benson pops into view. Works on bow-on Yamato too...

Same for turret traverse. I wish I could put this dude on Yamato or Warspite. It made a difference on Cleveland, but the relative benefit is much greater on a BB. 

I can't remember which campaign or contest had slow Steve as the award...

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Members
2,428 posts
38,376 battles

John Wayne is no longer with us - but I bet you could splice together some great stuff from his movies, pilgrim.

Members
89 posts
15,690 battles

When you get Missouri, do you automatically get Steven Segal or was that a limited time mission thing?  I have watched replays where his voice is used and it is seriously annoying. Like so deadpan that he doesn't give a crap a wall of torps is up ahead.  Luckily I know you can change the voice. 

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

Seagal was a limited time thing around last Thanksgiving.  WG stated that there would be more "Epic" commanders on the way.

He is in my Montana - nice buffs for the turrets, were comparing them last night with a clan mate of mine in his Iowa, they move MUCH quicker.

I switch Stevie out between Montana, Missouri, Alabama, Texas and Arkansas Beta.  Some make fun of me for having him in them, but then they look at the turret speed and change their minds!

Members
1,677 posts
3,060 battles

John Wayne is no longer with us - but I bet you could splice together some great stuff from his movies, pilgrim.

Yes but he was 10 times the actor Steven Seagal was who I've never even heard of until about a month ago.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

I use him on my Montana and all premium USN battleships and cruisers that I own:
Preventative Maintenance, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, Basic Firing Training, Concealment Expert, Advanced Firing Training.
I tend to spec Demo Expert on USN cruisers but I make do without it on my premiums and enjoy faster turret traverse thanks to the improved Expert Marksman.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

My Seagal's only at 13 points right now (Expert Loader, Expert Marksman, Adrenaline Rush, Superintendent, and Concealment Expert - 1 point unused) and assigned to my Iowa at the moment, but honestly I could not spend any of the remaining 6 points and be just fine with how he is @TM.

Mostly because Expert Loader is hilariously effective at punishing dumb people, like you see at the start of this video with the Iowa and then the Fletcher.

Edited by TenguBlade

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,514 battles

I was going to say Segal went straight to my Montana. I like the advantages he gives to the Montana.

[TXGUN]
[TXGUN]
Members
4,596 posts
13,514 battles
On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, Sloth_Like_Reflexes said:

NC is arguably the highlight of the USN line right now.  Building an american battleship for secondaries is a basically a waste.  Some of the best dual purpose guns ever built.... completely useless as secondaries in this game.

I agree with that. I build for primary weapons with lots of work on AA as well. That AA can save a US BB from being attacked and when in a group they will destroy enemy Aircraft.

Sign in to follow this