You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

La Gal- WG's idea of a bad joke?

61 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
2,671 posts
10,299 battles
16 hours ago, Lord_Vakko said:

This was my best performance.

275 hits and only one Cit? (number of fires indicates lots of HE) 155K damage and only one kill?

Great game. My best is nowhere near that.

[S_B]
Members
417 posts
11,509 battles
18 hours ago, Lord_Vakko said:

De Grasse is always going to be a more surperior ship.  I run IFHE, too.  

This was my best performance.

NEIL!!!SHIFTONE.thumb.PNG.c2546715e5c4c523a3b49913e81f650a.PNG

And my teammates KS'd me 6 times!

Here's the replay:

20180415_133851_PFSC506-De-Grasse_05_Ring.wowsreplay

Great battle stats! Congrats! I started 17 fires with like 200 hits in my La Gal in my best game ever with her. I only sunk like 1 ship too as I would start a BB on fire then look for another one to set on fire. At times I had like 3 different ships on fire. :cap_rambo: I also have the DeGrasse too but don't play it as much as I should really. Working on a newer captain again. Waiting to get rid of most of my American cruisers as I enjoy the Euro cruisers much more.

Edited by dust340man

[AR]
Members
43 posts
5,667 battles
2 hours ago, dust340man said:

Great battle stats! Congrats! I started 17 fires with like 200 hits in my La Gal in my best game ever with her. I only sunk like 1 ship too as I would start a BB on fire then look for another one to set on fire. At times I had like 3 different ships on fire. :cap_rambo: I also have the DeGrasse too but don't play it as much as I should really. Working on a newer captain again. Waiting to get rid of most of my American cruisers as I enjoy the Euro cruisers much more.

You know you can use your La Gal captain on your De Grasse without having to retrain, right?  And you can use the same skills.

[AR]
Members
43 posts
5,667 battles
4 hours ago, Sabot_100 said:

275 hits and only one Cit? (number of fires indicates lots of HE) 155K damage and only one kill?

Great game. My best is nowhere near that.

Watch that replay.  I could have easily had 5 or 6 kills but some random fires a long range AP volley just as they're about to die.

Members
67 posts
6,693 battles

I recently took a La Galisonnier out for a "cruise" and noted that it can no longer angle effectively against Battleship AP and the reason might be....

Spoiler

shot-18_08.25_23_47.38-0042.thumb.jpg.3bc534197cddff3cece9a006b9ec62f4.jpg

I could have sworn that 105 mm plate used to come up to the paint and provide some protection, to that "T-box" of a citadel  front.

Members
1,663 posts
8,953 battles

Hey

I played the LaGal. only so far and decided to XP though it and move the captain forward.  I did not enjoy the ship at all, found it did nothing decently and it's way worse for me compared to the DeGrasse, which I genuinely like.  I'm past it now and rarely play it, and don't miss it either.

Pete

[KSC]
Members
32 posts
3,460 battles

I'm currently grinding several cruiser lines at once and I kind of have a split opinion about the LaGal.  It's my first ship to ever have the Main Battery Reload Booster and that is a HOOT to use against other cruisers and destroyers especially in close-midrange engagements.  That part I love.  But then.....one of the "National Flavors" of the French lines is supposed to be their speed.  The Emile Bertin does 39 knots base at Tier V, but then the LaGal does 31 knots base.  I know it has spood beast but that is just....meh when you consider how dangerously fragile the LaGal is.  I love her responsive, accurate, fire starting and rail gun like shells compared to my primarily USN Cruisers played but that 31 knots when spood beast is down is....well it makes me sad face.

That Reload Booster though, very spicy.  Excited to make it further up the line.

[SIDE]
Members
1,764 posts
On 6/4/2017 at 9:03 AM, Fletcher7_1944 said:

This ship just flat out sucks.   Piss poor offensive capabilities, NO defense- and it has Pensacola syndrome x10.

Seriously, WG- please give this one a buff of some sort.

Free xp time- this one isn't worth the effort.

Necro, yeah I know. I just ranked out and 90% of my time was done in this boat. It is very good.

Play it like a T6 Khab.

This is prob the most balanced and best overall cruiser in T6.

Good: Kites like a [edited]. Handles amazing, speed boost is awesome, armor is decent against its peers and actually slightly effective sometimes with BB. The guns reload quickly, are accurate, in turrets that spin fast and have HE that hits hard with good fire chance. The AP is decent and can citadel sideways cruisers while also rolling good numbers on BB upper sides and superstructure. Good consumable selection including speed boost, gun reload boost, hydro and defensive fire. Speed boost lasts a long time.

Meh: concealment could be better, torp load out is kinda limited and weak relative to nurn and the brit. Gun trajectory gets floaty past 12km relative to nurn and Russian. Sometimes feels like it’s not punching hard enough because HE damage can be healed and it’s 150mm AP damage is much more situational. Gun reload boost is very short.

Bad: does not do well against determined and /or focused 200mm and up AP. Not very responsive feeling unless speed boost is on. Shooting at max range is futile as shells float like helium balloons that far out

[WOLFC]
Members
447 posts
1,316 battles

It’s  not the ship, but the player. I was in a game this morning where a player on other team in a Le Gal rushed a cap point and in return got blapped by half our team.

in retrospect I was in same ship behind an island farming B.B. damage with HE and was wondering what the hell he was doing.

[SPTR]
Members
26,259 posts
11,563 battles

I havn't played La Gal since they buff the main batts reload time and by shaving of 1 second and then added a main battery reload booster in recent times, I think I should buy her back and run her primary for ops,  how well does she perform nowadays in contrast to De Grasse?