You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
wacko17

Wargaming.net Game Center Feedback

118 comments in this topic

[WGA] wacko17 208
443 posts
1,858 battles

The Wargaming.net Game Center is back, and we have made some changes based on your feedback. We encourage you to change out your old World of Warships launcher for the updated Game Center.  

We would like to ask that you provide any further feedback you may have regarding the Wargaming.net Game Center in this thread. 

You can Download it here if you don't already have it. 

mAxRuN3.jpg

Got questions? We've got answers! Click the links below.

Install and First Use

Installing and Running Your Games

Wargaming.net Game Center Settings

Wargaming.net Game Center FAQ

[HINON] TenguBlade 2,583
9,382 posts
7,960 battles

While I understand that you want people to eventually move to this launcher, is it possible that, as long as it remains in beta, we could have the option to download games without using it?  Or that the launcher itself gets some sort of compatibility with more operating systems than just iOS and Windows?

Currently, this isn't supported by Ubuntu, which is the main obstacle to me reinstalling WoWS.   It seems other people have gotten this game to work just fine on Ubuntu as recently as May 25th, however they all used the standalone install option rather than the WarGaming.net center.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 2

[PVE] Taylor3006 892
3,080 posts
13,423 battles

Does this piece of software work with the "official" Mac version of WoWS or is it still causing issues?

2 posts
2,776 battles

Worst F***ing idea ever, now i cant install mods for wows because the client is somewhere completely different or not recognized by aslains mod install program. undo this and bring back the previous launcher

• Cool 3

[SVF] Suryn 8
129 posts
9,826 battles

Worst F***ing idea ever, now i cant install mods for wows because the client is somewhere completely different or not recognized by aslains mod install program. undo this and bring back the previous launcher

I don't know how your having this issue. I've been using the launcher for a couple weeks now and it doesn't affect aslains except for the option to try to launch the game from it.

If you need help finding the location for your game try a search program like search everythig and that will hunt down the new locations for you.

One thing I don't like about the launcher is that it stays open once the game is launched from it. Using up resources that shouldn't be spent keeping it up without need

[SYN] chewonit 339
1,483 posts
9,165 battles

Any chance to include public test version in it?

406 posts
2,763 battles

One thing I don't like about the launcher is that it stays open once the game is launched from it. Using up resources that shouldn't be spent keeping it up without need

This last is my primary issue.  It would be only annoyingly inefficient for a player of only one game if not for this problem.  Most of the rest can be addressed with the correct Settings.

406 posts
2,763 battles

While I understand that you want people to eventually move to this launcher, is it possible that, as long as it remains in beta, we could have the option to download games without using it?  Or that the launcher itself gets some sort of compatibility with more operating systems than just iOS and Windows?

Currently, this isn't supported by Ubuntu, which is the main obstacle to me reinstalling WoWS.   It seems other people have gotten this game to work just fine on Ubuntu as recently as May 25th, however they all used the standalone install option rather than the WarGaming.net center.

Something broke in either the game client or my system because I was running WoWS on Ubuntu until then.  This was in the middle of the Clash of Elements, so I lost a week while I built a new computer.  This one runs WinX, but I would love to be able to run Linux instead.

16 posts
3,570 battles

Would really be nice if when you run a contest like the Bismark one as an example you took into account some people work for a living and do not have all day to play the objectives and a bit more time would really be appreciated. I got to the final for 6 but due to work and life coming first once again unable to complete an competition. This seems to be the norm rather than the exception. Probably not going to participate in any more competitions as a result. too bad too cause I was enjoying it.

• Cool 1

[WGA] wacko17 208
443 posts
1,858 battles

Does this piece of software work with the "official" Mac version of WoWS or is it still causing issues?

Unfortunately, we don't officially support Ubuntu or Mac in our normal launcher, these are both developed by 3rd party teams. As such, we currently have no plans to develop for these OS for the Wargaming.net Game Center. It will be up to those who develop the 3rd party applications like the Mac wrapper. 

While my opinions on mods are well known in the office by now, (you should always run a clean game client to prevent errors) you can in fact run mods with the Wargaming.net Game Center. 

Any chance to include public test version in it?

The Game Center will be opened up to the Public Test in the near future.

[SYN] chewonit 339
1,483 posts
9,165 battles

Do we need to reinstall to get the new version or it will update itself?

[WGA] wacko17 208
443 posts
1,858 battles

Do we need to reinstall to get the new version or it will update itself?

If you have still been using the Game Center, it should be updating automatically for you whenever there is a new update available if you have automatic updates enabled. 

[HINON] Captain_Dorja 2,199
5,691 posts
4,832 battles

My feedback is pretty simple.

What is the point of this thing? Is there a point to it? The WoWS launcher already has about 57 features in it. Realistically, what more could I possibly want from a game launcher? It already launches the game, updates the game, shows me the news, highlights important features in the news, provides links to old news, links to forum, links to premium shop. It looks nice. It doens't run in the background all the time basically being a pointless pain in the ascot. The current launcher does everything it needs to do, it does it well, and it works. What more should anyone want, and why should anyone want the more?

I guess this comes down to me, as an end user, asking the engineer why he is fixing something that already works fine and has more features than I really need on a day to day basis.

• Cool 12

[HINON] TenguBlade 2,583
9,382 posts
7,960 battles

My feedback is pretty simple.

What is the point of this thing? Is there a point to it? The WoWS launcher already has about 57 features in it. Realistically, what more could I possibly want from a game launcher? It already launches the game, updates the game, shows me the news, highlights important features in the news, provides links to old news, links to forum, links to premium shop. It looks nice. It doens't run in the background all the time basically being a pointless pain in the ascot. The current launcher does everything it needs to do, it does it well, and it works. What more should anyone want, and why should anyone want the more?

I guess this comes down to me, as an end user, asking the engineer why he is fixing something that already works fine and has more features than I really need on a day to day basis.

It may come down to how WG's handling integration of accounts.  I'm willing to sit through a WoWS outage until then, even though it means my shiny new Kaga won't be seeing action until July at minimum.

That being said...

Unfortunately, we don't officially support Ubuntu or Mac in our normal launcher, these are both developed by 3rd party teams. As such, we currently have no plans to develop for these OS for the Wargaming.net Game Center. It will be up to those who develop the 3rd party applications like the Mac wrapper.

I understand that these are developed by third-party devs; Wine, and preferably PlayonLinux as well, are required to use WoWS on Ubuntu and other Linux systems.  However, since the launcher is only in beta at the moment, might it be possible to just download and install the game the old way until it sees a live release?  At the moment, it seems nobody I've asked as bothered to try the thing on Ubuntu, because they're running off the standalone game launcher.

573 posts

Im not sure if its game center related, but after recent update im experiencing really terrible lag

• Cool 1

[BGWTF] SylintKnightEvo 27
In AlfaTesters
154 posts
3,082 battles

It would be nice if the game center window automatically closed after launching a game. 

• Cool 3

741 posts
6,421 battles

It would be nice if the game center window automatically closed after launching a game. 

It would be nice if the game centre actually fully closed down when I close it, instead of having to go into task manager to kill the process.
  • Cool 2

In AlfaTesters
316 posts
7,029 battles

So it is looking like none of the issues brought up in all the threads about this hunk of junk launcher that all got removed/deleted have been fixed or addressed.

Also guess this means that you are finally going to be forcing it down our throats whether we want it or not seeing as you now have what amounts to two official threads (three if you count the news article), this one and the one started by Niko,

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/82071-how-to-enable-and-disable-automatic-updating/

• Cool 1

[FOXEH] Khafni 690
3,050 posts
9,936 battles

I've been using this launcher since it went into beta. I have had very few problems with it. As I understand it, it is intended to be a "one stop shop" for news, eliminating the need to actually go to the website. Of course, it redirects you to the premium shop website as needed.

What it doesn't do is allow you to read or post comments on the news articles. You have to go to the website for that. Can the WGC integrate comments into the articles?

Otherwise this launcher is just fine. Good job, WG.

• Cool 1

In AlfaTesters
4,008 posts
15,187 battles

The gamecenter is always a pain at patch days. By now I couldn't play even the servers are up again because the gamecenter does not patch. Sometimes it only starts 1-3 hours after the servers are up. Before I could just run the launcher and it starts downloading the new version about a hour before the servers are up. This is real annoying since I play at GMT hours and have on some days only a ver limited gaming time.

• Cool 2

162 posts
6,841 battles

I cannot stand the launcher!  I have yet experienced an automatic update (yes the box is checked) since the mandated launcher.  If I wanted to read the news and go to the forums, I'll use the internet.  To play the game, a simple, non-bugged exe file was fantastic.  This launcher is horrible and bugged!

• Cool 1

[CANUK] drghost69 32
255 posts
5,104 battles

I've been using this launcher since it went into beta. I have had very few problems with it. As I understand it, it is intended to be a "one stop shop" for news, eliminating the need to actually go to the website. Of course, it redirects you to the premium shop website as needed.

What it doesn't do is allow you to read or post comments on the news articles. You have to go to the website for that. Can the WGC integrate comments into the articles?

Otherwise this launcher is just fine. Good job, WG.

This for me too.  The only other thing was that the webpages and articles would not scale and I was unable to see the "right" part of things. but not all seems fine.  If we could indeed see replies and able to comment directly, i would not need the webpage at all.

A very good thing would be Server Status icon that would show directly what is going on instead of having to launch game to find out.

Tbh, i like it even if i just use WoWs.

• Cool 1

[RNM99] GiantKiw1 7
0 posts
55 battles

Nuke it from high orbit. The old launcher allows you to disable seeding, for those of us who's ISP's actively traffic manage anyone doing as such, this doesn't. Which means a patch which I could normally download at a consistent 20-30MB/s is now struggling to go higher than 1MB/s. There is no excuse for using P2P downloaders any more, WG's monstrous server farms in fake-russia could easily load balance all the necessary requirements for a direct download client.

• Cool 3

2,324 posts
3,057 battles

Nuke it from high orbit. The old launcher allows you to disable seeding, for those of us who's ISP's actively traffic manage anyone doing as such, this doesn't. Which means a patch which I could normally download at a consistent 20-30MB/s is now struggling to go higher than 1MB/s. There is no excuse for using P2P downloaders any more, WG's monstrous server farms in fake-russia could easily load balance all the necessary requirements for a direct download client.

Can't you just limit upload speed to 0?
  • Cool 1

[RNM99] GiantKiw1 7
0 posts
55 battles

Can't you just limit upload speed to 0?

Stops the download entirely. As a software developer, i'm struggling to see why the decision was made to have beta software as the only available option. It's plain stupidity.
Edited by GiantKiw1
  • Cool 4