Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Stauffenberg44

In Praise of Pre-dreadnoughts

Pre-dreadnought Inclusion  

359 members have voted

  1. 1. Would you like to see pre-dreadnoughts included in the game in some manner?

    • Yes
      312
    • No
      19
    • Undecided or 'It Depends"
      28

237 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
16 hours ago, BrassFire said:

I would love to see pre dreadnoughts as premiums or tech tree ships. They're truly underrated beauties. It'd also be epic if WG included HMS Dreadnought herself!

Well she is very much here in the form of her progeny HMS Bellerophon. Same ship really with better torpedo protection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles

Yes, a Borodino-class pre-dreadnought, she didn't meet her fate with the others in the Battle of Tsushima Strait as she was commissioned too late. Borodino is about my favourite pre-dreadnought and I am sure they will finally have to include her. A floating pitpull (attention, chien méchant!):

5a0f83bc84e51_FFBorodino5.jpg.b336ee5ce81aa3339f7debf7149a24a8.jpg

 

5a0f83ea6cc64_FFpredreadnoughts4.jpg.f9db6f3a6800a82990006e0984fa854e.jpg

Borodino 

Покойся с миром

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
844 posts
7,192 battles
22 hours ago, rafael_azuaje said:

 

22 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

Yes, a Borodino-class pre-dreadnought, she didn't meet her fate with the others in the Battle of Tsushima Strait as she was commissioned too late. Borodino is about my favourite pre-dreadnought and I am sure they will finally have to include her. A floating pitpull (attention, chien méchant!):

5a0f83bc84e51_FFBorodino5.jpg.b336ee5ce81aa3339f7debf7149a24a8.jpg

 

5a0f83ea6cc64_FFpredreadnoughts4.jpg.f9db6f3a6800a82990006e0984fa854e.jpg

Borodino 

Покойся с миром

I like to see Slava or Borodino or both. Come WG get some more pre-dreadnoughts in the game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
2,639 battles

i say we need more, but only one per nation, keep everything balanced with the Mikasas stats, dd's will be the bane of their existence though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
On 12/8/2017 at 11:54 PM, LittlePone said:

i say we need more, but only one per nation, keep everything balanced with the Mikasas stats, dd's will be the bane of their existence though 

Yes I agree, one per nation and perhaps a few special premiums. Mikasa's secondaries can shred DDs but of course their ridiculously short range is the issue.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
On 12/13/2017 at 9:52 AM, lron_Dog_of_Jutland said:

Nice!

YES I would like to see more of these!

However,

Goeben and von der Tann are actually real dreadnoughts :-)

As I mentioned, they are both battlecruisers as defined at the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,079
Alpha Tester
2,504 posts

Keep in mind that WG is a business and they're only interested in making money. Looking at the direction this game is going (Pan Asian DDs for example), I'm beginning to doubt we'll see anymore pre-dreads besides Mikasa. Again it feels like waiting for Italian vehicles to appear in WoT which never came. I sure am grateful we have Mikasa at least. But considering WG is very patriotic, I'm actually surprised they didn't introduce Borodino first or any other Russian pre-dread. Instead we're getting Varyag, another bloody cruiser.

IIRC players can manually fire Mikasa's secondaries in WoWS Blitz. If so then that game is our only hope of ever seeing more pre-dreads. I find it weird though that the PC version cannot support a multi-gun system whereas a mobile version can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
On 1/23/2018 at 12:15 AM, Wolcott said:

Keep in mind that WG is a business and they're only interested in making money. Looking at the direction this game is going (Pan Asian DDs for example), I'm beginning to doubt we'll see anymore pre-dreads besides Mikasa. Again it feels like waiting for Italian vehicles to appear in WoT which never came. I sure am grateful we have Mikasa at least. But considering WG is very patriotic, I'm actually surprised they didn't introduce Borodino first or any other Russian pre-dread. Instead we're getting Varyag, another bloody cruiser.

IIRC players can manually fire Mikasa's secondaries in WoWS Blitz. If so then that game is our only hope of ever seeing more pre-dreads. I find it weird though that the PC version cannot support a multi-gun system whereas a mobile version can.

You may be right; on the other hand they apparently do have a problem with keeping new players and every newb wants a battleship straight off--I know I did. Lower tier dreadnoughts with an inevitable bash & crash playstyle would likely help things out. And you're right, the Borodino should be a shoo-in for a tier II pre-dreadnought with a ton of charisma and history to it. A distinctive black pitbull of a ship. With that on board, along with Mikasa, the foot is in the door and things can proceed from there. Such is my hope. Steampunk battleships on small maps. Add some choice dreadnoughts and battlecruisers like the French Danton, SMS Viribus Unitis, Goeben, von der Tann, RN Agamemnon and USS Delaware....

The lower tiers would be transformed into something very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,076 posts
11,061 battles

Hey

Maybe Wargaming could do another branch off the tech tree with something like 2 or 3 Pre-Dreadnoughts per Country and have them in that T2/3 range.  It would bring a slightly different playstyle, even though they would still see T2/3/4 tech tree BB's but it's variety, and maybe help to keep some player base from leaving the game.

 

Pete

 

I will take the Von Der Tann, Blucher, Derfflinger, Seydlitz thank you.

Edited by sasquatch_research

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
5 hours ago, sasquatch_research said:

I will take the Von Der Tann, Blucher, Derfflinger, Seydlitz thank you.

:)

Von der Tann in particular is a beautiful ship...

5a690b4accb3d_FFVonderTann.jpg.43205d7058e610c0f8774eb2d1f097ab.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,079
Alpha Tester
2,504 posts
13 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

You may be right; on the other hand they apparently do have a problem with keeping new players and every newb wants a battleship straight off--I know I did. Lower tier dreadnoughts with an inevitable bash & crash playstyle would likely help things out. And you're right, the Borodino should be a shoo-in for a tier II pre-dreadnought with a ton of charisma and history to it. A distinctive black pitbull of a ship. With that on board, along with Mikasa, the foot is in the door and things can proceed from there. Such is my hope. Steampunk battleships on small maps. Add some choice dreadnoughts and battlecruisers like the French Danton, SMS Viribus Unitis, Goeben, von der Tann, RN Agamemnon and USS Delaware....

The lower tiers would be transformed into something very interesting.

I'd definitely like SMS Viribus Unitis, but mostly because it was the personal transport for Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie when they were murdered. For me it's nice sailing a ship that was used by a duchess or princess. But let's face it WG is only interested in high tier content, where most of the money is.

Actually Danton will be in the upcoming French BB line, except the one we're getting has been turned into an abomination by WG (different guns, shorter hull etc), renamed Turenne.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
On 1/25/2018 at 1:32 AM, Wolcott said:

I'd definitely like SMS Viribus Unitis, but mostly because it was the personal transport for Franz Ferdinand and his wife Sophie when they were murdered. For me it's nice sailing a ship that was used by a duchess or princess. But let's face it WG is only interested in high tier content, where most of the money is.

Actually Danton will be in the upcoming French BB line, except the one we're getting has been turned into an abomination by WG (different guns, shorter hull etc), renamed Turenne.

Really too bad about Danton--a very unique semi-dreadnought.

The Viribus Unitis is one of those absolute musts in the game, along with Bremen and the Borodino.

The Borodino most of all....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,515 posts
7,841 battles

Yeah we need a Borodino for sure, at the very least, please WG.  I have no problems with paying for one, but if you make it an event ship, I'm sure that would get lots of people playing too, just like the mikasa event you ran.

Edited by Hangoverhomey
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
170
[-TNT-]
Members
813 posts
15,016 battles

You think that WG would create a "pre-dreadnought" (only capital ships of that era) que? That would be interesting having slug-fest battles with secondaries too.   Note: no DDs or CLs in the match just Capital ships. Fun times!!!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
2 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

You think that WG would create a "pre-dreadnought" (only capital ships of that era) que? That would be interesting having slug-fest battles with secondaries too.   Note: no DDs or CLs in the match just Capital ships. Fun times!!!

The taboo was broken when they created the Mikasa, so yes's it's possible. Tier II BBs only battles? Interesting. :cap_win:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,515 posts
7,841 battles
9 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

You think that WG would create a "pre-dreadnought" (only capital ships of that era) que? That would be interesting having slug-fest battles with secondaries too.   Note: no DDs or CLs in the match just Capital ships. Fun times!!!

I'd be willing to let in some Cruisers from the Era provided they don't have torps.  But yeah, that would be a lot of fun.  The torps I would allow in this game mode however are bow mounted lol.

Edited by Hangoverhomey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles
2 hours ago, Hangoverhomey said:

I'd be willing to let in some Cruisers from the Era provided they don't have torps.  But yeah, that would be a lot of fun.  The torps I would allow in this game mode however are bow mounted lol.

Yes and the infamous Borodino has one, above the water so WG is bound to include it one assumes. Given this you can charge with this black pit bull, ramming flags on (chien méchant!), and fire off a torpedo a few kms away just to add insult to injury.

Edited by Stauffenberg44

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,165 posts
9,401 battles

200 members of the WoWs community have voted to bring pre-dreadnoughts into the game--85% vote for, almost as good as Putin got in the recent election.

WG... hello? Bring on the Borodino for starters...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
82 posts
2,639 battles
22 hours ago, Stauffenberg44 said:

200 members of the WoWs community have voted to bring pre-dreadnoughts into the game--85% vote for, almost as good as Putin got in the recent election.

WG... hello? Bring on the Borodino for starters...

i was thinking more of the potemkin, vary interesting history and more on par with the mikasa stats wise.

their is even a movie about it, its on youtube as well, kinda interesting. :fish_book:

potemkin01.jpg

Armament:
Armour:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×