Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kongo_Pride

How to Charles Martel (Tier VIII, French Heavy Cruiser)

54 comments in this topic

Members
7 posts
1,419 battles
On 12/8/2018 at 10:25 PM, Kongo_Pride said:

On a hunch, I went and looked you up as a player.  Needless to say, I confirmed my suspicions.  You are newer to the game and it appears many of the fundamentals of winning just arent there yet.  You are right though, your overall performance in the Martel is below even your average.

My feelings howevee remain in that I could put you in just about any ship and I think the suffering would be similar. I would strongly recommend going to YouTube and looking up players such as Flamu and Notser (watching this ship in battle specifically).

Best of luck.

God I hate that. Is there some way I can hide my player history? 

I REALLY hate it when people tell me to go watch Flamu. I can't stand most professional gamers/streamers, and I find him particularly irritating. Jingles is about the only one I enjoy. Him and Jive Turkey. Watching pros doesn't magically improve my RNG. And yeah, maybe if all anyone saw was my best game out of twenty played, I'd feel a little better about my performance. I don't have friends in dds, because no one I know plays this game.

Also, yes, I am terrible in basically everything. Except the Fiji. And oddly the Orion. But my point about the CM and the Emerald is that I am particularly poor/unlucky in each. Even in games where I followed every "pro tip" as closely as I can, my game has been middling at best. And on the rare occasion that I have a good game, land those cruiser cits, torp ambush BBs, etc. I somehow end up with a team that is, amazingly, worse than me. 

TLDR: I know I'm a particularly crap gamer, but I am particularly unhappy in this ship.

• Cool 1

[BOTO]
Members
256 posts
7,657 battles
On 1/16/2019 at 10:22 PM, Gokart_Mozar7 said:

God I hate that. Is there some way I can hide my player history? 

I REALLY hate it when people tell me to go watch Flamu. I can't stand most professional gamers/streamers, and I find him particularly irritating. Jingles is about the only one I enjoy. Him and Jive Turkey. Watching pros doesn't magically improve my RNG. And yeah, maybe if all anyone saw was my best game out of twenty played, I'd feel a little better about my performance. I don't have friends in dds, because no one I know plays this game.

Also, yes, I am terrible in basically everything. Except the Fiji. And oddly the Orion. But my point about the CM and the Emerald is that I am particularly poor/unlucky in each. Even in games where I followed every "pro tip" as closely as I can, my game has been middling at best. And on the rare occasion that I have a good game, land those cruiser cits, torp ambush BBs, etc. I somehow end up with a team that is, amazingly, worse than me. 

TLDR: I know I'm a particularly crap gamer, but I am particularly unhappy in this ship.

I'm a much much better player since I started watching Flamu.  Yes, he can be very sarcastic and harsh but he is very good at explaining what he is doing and why he is doing it. Yes, Jingles, Flambass, and lots of others are more entertaining than Flamu, but they don't provide near as much technical advice on how to play better.  Spend more time playing mid-tier and improve your gameplay before jumping into Tier 7 and above ships.  Martel is not very forgiving if you end up in a lot of Tier 9/10 matches.

You want to take advantage of her speed and range, particularly if  your bottom tier, kite away and set fires.  Mid to late game you need to find opportunities to close in, her AP is very good against broadside targets 10km and closer.  

[BOTO]
Members
256 posts
7,657 battles
On 1/14/2019 at 1:04 PM, SteelReign said:

I've been steadily playing CM, and while my average dmg is decent, my winrate is horrific. I feel as though (like Conqueror), something that relies on just HE spamming battleships and setting fires has very little influence on the teams ability to win. I do use AP quite often against other cruisers later in the game, but other than that I still haven't found a way to be REALLY influential in battle enough to help the team. 

TIPS PLEASE

Early on I maintain my range and try to set fires.  She has pretty good guns so I try to shoot any DDs that pop up inside 11km or so.  Get fires cooking on cruisers and battleships, when they use their damage control, pop the reload booster and get 2-3 fires cooking on them real quick.  Mid to late game look for opportunities to close in, French AP is surprisingly good.  Just remember when using speed boost that not only can the extra speed get you out of trouble it can get you into trouble just as quick lol.

[_ARP_]
Members
91 posts
4,321 battles

I just can't do it. I don't GET it. Theres nothing I can do that influences the battle that much. In 28 battles (which just netted me the Saint Louis), my W/R is abysmal 39%, average damage is nearly 73k dmg though, but PR is only 1322. Its like it almost has Conqueror syndrome for me, I deal good damage per game but its not enough to really DO anything. 

Edited by SteelReign

Sign in to follow this