Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SuperNikoPower

What type of rig do you play World of Warships on?

373 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

lewellenfawr    18

I currently use a Mac mini (late 2012) and have maxed out the Ram slots... so I think I may try the Boot Camp approach. I am likely this Christmas to make myself a new higher end mac... so a Windows 10 purchase could find use later on as well. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lewellenfawr said:

I currently use a Mac mini (late 2012) and have maxed out the Ram slots... so I think I may try the Boot Camp approach. I am likely this Christmas to make myself a new higher end mac... so a Windows 10 purchase could find use later on as well. Thanks.

 My pleasure. There is a trim down version of Windows 10 also but I’m not sure where to find that. My IT guy gave me a copy and it’s really nice not to have all the extra garbage goes along, but still have the option if you want it.  Good luck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 1:36 AM, SuperNikoPower said:

Every so often, I see people asking this very question and others eager to show off their builds. So I thought it would be cool to see what you guys all play on. Feel free to post specs and even pictures of your setup if you would like. I'm pretty sure some of you have some interesting setups. 

 

Here's mine: 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

Oc1rJ1c.jpg

 

Don't mind the cables in front. I was just down installing a new USB card. 

Dell OptiPlex 380..lovin the Win10 system, even if it took a bit to get used to. Ran XP so long it was  scary to convert.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SuperNikoPower    4,412
On 10/13/2017 at 7:29 PM, Pata1985 said:

 

 i7 6700

16 gigs ram 2133 mhz

Nvidia Titan X Maxwell

256 gb Samsung 950 pro Sata m2 nvme

256 gb Kingston sata 3 SSD

Gskill KM760R Keyboard

12 year old Logitech Mouse (lol BEST ones!)

Sony Home Theater soundbar + sub as main speakers

LG 34" 2560x1080p monitor

Samsung 49" 3840x1080p monitor

 

 I am excited about the new monitor so here it is :D  (Bottom one)

 

20171013_175241.jpg

 

I'll admit, I am more than jealous of your new monitor. Hopefully you have amazing refresh rate. If it didn't I would get a headache so fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kerensky914    1,008

Well, to represent the other end of the spectrum, I give you ...

 

Microsoft-Surface-Pro-2.jpg

Amazingly, it actually runs halfway decent. so long as I keep the graphics turned way down.  Frame rates are in the 30-40 FPS range, which is quite acceptable.

 

Edited by kerensky914

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mezurashi    367
1 hour ago, kerensky914 said:

Well, to represent the other end of the spectrum, I give you ...

 

Microsoft-Surface-Pro-2.jpg

Amazingly, it actually runs halfway decent. so long as I keep the graphics turned way down.  Frame rates are in the 30-40 FPS range, which is quite acceptable.

 

 

I actually had a surface pro 2 way back and it surprisingly ran WoT with no issues. Of course, almost every graphic setting was turned down. Nevertheless it performed smoothly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Pata1985    201
2 hours ago, SuperNikoPower said:

 

I'll admit, I am more than jealous of your new monitor. Hopefully you have amazing refresh rate. If it didn't I would get a headache so fast.

 

 Thanks Niko, it does have 144 hz refresh rate :cap_like: It is an amazing gaming experience in WoW's, love it ! You gotta try it !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Edgecase    743
1 hour ago, Mezurashi said:

I actually had a surface pro 2 way back and it surprisingly ran WoT with no issues. Of course, almost every graphic setting was turned down. Nevertheless it performed smoothly.

It also runs playably on a Surface Pro 3, which has more pixels and worse thermal throttling than the 2 (due to the differences in form factor). I imagine you could even turn some bells and whistles on with a Surface Book.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Verishady    6

Old Dell 8100 XPS hard drive finally bites the dust, picks up wife's ipad thingy to see what's going on in Warships...I should have a new Dell 8920 XPS around the first week of December, lol. Never fails, just hope this new Dell will last at least 8-9 years like my old one. :Smile_coin:

Edited by Verishady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aether_tech    701
2 hours ago, Verishady said:

Old Dell 8100 XPS hard drive finally bites the dust, picks up wife's ipad thingy to see what's going on in Warships...I should have a new Dell 8920 XPS around the first week of December, lol. Never fails, just hope this new Dell will last at least 8-9 years like my old one. :Smile_coin:

How much are you paying for the 8920 XPS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Swine_007    232

Old Dell Precision T3500 with a Xeon E5507 2.27ghz, running win 10, 12 gigs of ram and a relatively new gtx 1050ti.  Old hardware but works just fine.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6thGuards    38

Not the best by any means but well within budget, ordered one of these today to replace the three year old Dell I have been using.  Should be more than adequate for running WOWS.

The Dell was limited and was struggling.  Great little computer for what I originally bought it for but not up to snuff for gaming.

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme GXIVR8020A4

Intel i5-7400 3.0GHz

AMD RX 580 4GB

8GB DDR4 RAM

1TB 7200RPM HDD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aether_tech    701
11 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:

Not the best by any means but well within budget, ordered one of these today to replace the three year old Dell I have been using.  Should be more than adequate for running WOWS.

The Dell was limited and was struggling.  Great little computer for what I originally bought it for but not up to snuff for gaming.

CYBERPOWERPC Gamer Xtreme GXIVR8020A4

Intel i5-7400 3.0GHz

AMD RX 580 4GB

8GB DDR4 RAM

1TB 7200RPM HDD

 

Hope you didnt pay more than $800usd for that ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6thGuards    38
4 hours ago, aether_tech said:

Hope you didnt pay more than $800usd for that ...


Less than $700, wasn't looking for bragging rights, computers are not the center of my universe.

Edited by 6thGuards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aether_tech    701
21 minutes ago, 6thGuards said:


Less than $700, wasn't looking for bragging rights, computers are not the center of my universe.

Nothing about that,

 

just checking to make sure you didn't get price gouged by one of the more ethically corrupt "boutique" system builders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6thGuards    38
14 minutes ago, aether_tech said:

Nothing about that,

 

just checking to make sure you didn't get price gouged by one of the more ethically corrupt "boutique" system builders.


Thanks.  I checked the prices of a number systems from various sources and reviews before buying this one.  Up until 2000 I used to build my own systems but just don't have the time or desire now to go to the trouble.  

Edited by 6thGuards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldHippie72    11

Mine is just a home made system I bought pieces for:

Intel Quad, 16GB DDR3, Nvidia 2G DDR3, case w/ 650W PS and a 1T HD. Handles what I need.  :cap_yes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps someone here can point me in the right direction. At present I can only run the game on mid level settings with 16 FPS. I feel this is way too low for what I'm running, as I am above the "recommended" settings for everywhere I look. (I think I am, but diminishing returns and all that jazz) All my drivers are up to date, and my Mobo requires ethernet, so the issue is not connection speed.

 

Currently I am running

Windows 10

 Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz

16GB Ram

on a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (3Gb dedicated)

 

Warships isn't the only game this has trouble running, I can hardly play Forza Horizon 3 on 30 FPS (Locked) because the game crashes for no reason after about an hour and a half or less. I know the i5 is a bit older, but so many games are still asking for an i3, do I really need to buy a new i7+mobo+ddr4 just to play on acceptable settings?

I ask because 3 months ago I ran it smoothly on High at 25-30 fps, and now my other computer (Andromeda X51) barely runs the game at all (Low at 7 fps), when in the same frame it did just fine at mid level settings. People are running the game on a friggin' tablet and I can hardly manage with a $1000 desktop a year old - what gives?

 

 

Edited by NitroLauncher717

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aether_tech    701
15 hours ago, NitroLauncher717 said:

Perhaps someone here can point me in the right direction. At present I can only run the game on mid level settings with 16 FPS. I feel this is way too low for what I'm running, as I am above the "recommended" settings for everywhere I look. (I think I am, but Diminishing Returns and all that jazz) All my drivers are up to date, and my Mobo requires ethernet, so the issue is not connection speed.

 

Currently I am running

Windows 10

Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz

16GB Ram

on a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (3Gb dedicated)

 

Warships isn't the only game this has trouble running, I can hardly play Forza Horizon 3 on 30 FPS (Locked) because the game crashes for no reason after about an hour and a half or less. I know the i5 is a bit older, but so many games are still asking for an i3, do I really need to buy a new i7+mobo+ddr4 just to play on acceptable settings?

I ask because 3 months ago I ran it smoothly on High at 25-30 fps, and now my other computer (Andromeda X51) barely runs the game at all (Low at 7 fps), when in the same frame it did just fine at mid level settings. People are running the game on a friggin' tablet and I can hardly manage with a $1000 desktop a year old - what gives?

 

 

16FPS on a GTX 1060 3GB is way to low. 

 

First off, re-install the game. if that doesn't fix it - clean out the GPU driver and re-install them. Also, open up the case and make sure there's no pile up of dust and debris blocking heatsinks or fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
_Roller_    46

Built my first PC back in late May:

 

INTEL CORE I5-7600K

GIGABYTE Z270MX-GMING 5 1151 MATX

GSKILL 16GB 2X8 DDR4 3000 KIT

EVGA GTX1060 GMNG ACX3 6GB G5

SAMSUNG E 250GB 850 EVO SSD
TOSHIBA 1TB 7200 RPM P300

COOLMAST HYPER 212 EVO UNIV HSF

EVGA SUPRNOVA 650W G3 MOD PSU

CORSAIR SPEC02 REDSHIFT ATX CASE

ACERAC 27" LED XF270H MONITOR/G

 

In hindsight I went way overkill on a PC that I only really play WoWS and WoT on. Not to mention all the little things that irk me since I'm super OCD like having a Micro ATX motherboard in a full ATX case, a power supply that is way overkill, going with Intel and not even researching Ryzen a little, and just going to Micro Center and buying all my parts without doing a ton of research. Makes me wanna sell this thing and start all over now that I know a little more about components and have been reading up on the stuff for the last few months. I could have built a machine still perfectly capable or running this game at 75+ FPS max settings for a good $300-400 less than what I spent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 9:57 PM, NitroLauncher717 said:

Perhaps someone here can point me in the right direction. At present I can only run the game on mid level settings with 16 FPS. I feel this is way too low for what I'm running, as I am above the "recommended" settings for everywhere I look. (I think I am, but diminishing returns and all that jazz) All my drivers are up to date, and my Mobo requires ethernet, so the issue is not connection speed.

 

Currently I am running

Windows 10

 Intel Core i5-4430 CPU @ 3.00GHz

16GB Ram

on a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (3Gb dedicated)

 

Warships isn't the only game this has trouble running, I can hardly play Forza Horizon 3 on 30 FPS (Locked) because the game crashes for no reason after about an hour and a half or less. I know the i5 is a bit older, but so many games are still asking for an i3, do I really need to buy a new i7+mobo+ddr4 just to play on acceptable settings?

I ask because 3 months ago I ran it smoothly on High at 25-30 fps, and now my other computer (Andromeda X51) barely runs the game at all (Low at 7 fps), when in the same frame it did just fine at mid level settings. People are running the game on a friggin' tablet and I can hardly manage with a $1000 desktop a year old - what gives?

 

 

 Dude, seriously you should not have a problem running these games with that system. The advice was correct to reinstall, especially check your video drivers. Also a good idea to check the card itself. If you have a benchmark software like Heaven to calculate your speed would be best.   It is possible your video card is a lemon.  Good luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, _Roller_ said:

Built my first PC back in late May:

 

INTEL CORE I5-7600K

GIGABYTE Z270MX-GMING 5 1151 MATX

GSKILL 16GB 2X8 DDR4 3000 KIT

EVGA GTX1060 GMNG ACX3 6GB G5

SAMSUNG E 250GB 850 EVO SSD
TOSHIBA 1TB 7200 RPM P300

COOLMAST HYPER 212 EVO UNIV HSF

EVGA SUPRNOVA 650W G3 MOD PSU

CORSAIR SPEC02 REDSHIFT ATX CASE

ACERAC 27" LED XF270H MONITOR/G

 

In hindsight I went way overkill on a PC that I only really play WoWS and WoT on. Not to mention all the little things that irk me since I'm super OCD like having a Micro ATX motherboard in a full ATX case, a power supply that is way overkill, going with Intel and not even researching Ryzen a little, and just going to Micro Center and buying all my parts without doing a ton of research. Makes me wanna sell this thing and start all over now that I know a little more about components and have been reading up on the stuff for the last few months. I could have built a machine still perfectly capable or running this game at 75+ FPS max settings for a good $300-400 less than what I spent.

 Agreed. Although you do have some nice stuff.  Don’t beat yourself up, just enjoy it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×