Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
luis_steel_lG

Saipan planes balance

10 comments in this topic

[TROYA]
Beta Testers
3 posts
16,451 battles

Since the introduction of the Saipan to the world of warships community we, cv players, were having a hard time taking her planes out. The reason for this problem is the OP planes that this aircraft has. I am totally aware that WG wanted to give to some of his members a unique ship, but the fact that they put tier 9 planes on this ship is totally [edited]. It will be fine to gave her tier 8 planes but this is not the case. I really hope that WG fixes this problem for the sake of us as a community. 

[BONKZ]
Members
887 posts
11,701 battles

I really hope that WG fixes this problem for the sake of us as a community. 

Premium ships will not be nerfed, unless it is a global nerf (ie: stealth fire removal)

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

What happen? Did they strafe you and you were unable to recover, or did you have trouble as stated: shooting them down?

[TROYA]
Beta Testers
3 posts
16,451 battles

Unabletony I know that u can take them with strafe but lets be honest who in the world would take a air-superiority ranger in a battle when WG make us made money for damage and no assisting ur team mates? What i mean is that this is the only way to take them out   

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Problem is they can't nerf it directly - it honestly should have never been put back up for sale and how they made exit strafing really just made it that much worse. I know, I bought one and used it today. I may not have won the battle (team sadly couldn't keep up) but basically trolled a 1,1,1 ranger who tried strafing me and missed, and then just locked his fighters and/or exit strafed. Meanwhile the other group shot his bombers down and my TB's for a change (usually run DB's) dealt 160k damage. The only counter is to have a captain with the DFE skill, and other than the [edited]ammo boost, is only really needed at that tier against that ship (only USN at tier 4-5 has a undertier plane otherwise - but they still stomp the tier higher IJN planes).

The ships planes are OP, no question about it, Wargaming goofed and now were stuck with the consequences till some rework can somehow balance it out. 

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,750 battles

:popcorn: Git Gud noobcake, she ain't getting nerfed!

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

:popcorn: Git Gud noobcake, she ain't getting nerfed!

Of course. So, WG goes and intentionally makes an OP premium and then releases it. Their cover story?

"Oh, oops. We didn't test it enough. But we can't change it now, oh well. Go buy our "accidentally" OP ship and have fun kicking puppies and encouraging noobs to buy high-tier premiums and premium time to grind past the MM range of the OP ship. We'll be enjoying the $$$ you give and encourage others to give to us."

[SPTR]
Members
2,462 posts
3,945 battles

Lol another Saipan OP thread. When Kaga comes out people will be asking for her planes to be made T4s.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

WG doesn't cheat.

WG placed the Saipan in the game.

WG doesn't cheat.

ROFL then pukes.

Sign in to follow this