You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ironside136

Too many BBs lately?

24 comments in this topic

[TNG-3]
Beta Testers
56 posts
19,149 battles

Is it just me? Or has there been a significant increase in battleships and decrease in destroyers being played?

I personally find it to be frustrating, there's no variety and it seems that all you need to do to do well is bow tank in a german battleship?

Just my observation, what do you guys think?

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Bismarck Campaign is easier to do in a battleship. So you will see a lot of battleships for a week or more, or least till it dies down

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

I just played five games... and every game had 4 or less BBs, so no...I have not experienced it, but I have seen Thread after THREAD of this....

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Bismarck Campaign. Unless a majority of the BBs are potaters, take out a DD and torp them.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

Is it just me? Or has there been a significant increase in battleships and decrease in destroyers being played?

I personally find it to be frustrating, there's no variety and it seems that all you need to do to do well is bow tank in a german battleship?

Just my observation, what do you guys think?

You should have been around for the Tirpitz release; saw many 12 Tirps vs 12 Tirps battles.

This will blow over when the Bismark thing is done and all the shiny has worn off the Hood.

Members
4,608 posts

I just played five games... and every game had 4 or less BBs, so no...I have not experienced it, but I have seen Thread after THREAD of this....

We need the meme of 'we've become exceedingly good at this'.

[HELLS]
Members
2,969 posts
39,908 battles

While I have played mostly BBs in this campaign, I have also played CA/CLs as well. Wait times were no worse than normal, and I am about halfway through the thing. Nothing out of the ordinary except more Wallet Warriors in HMS Hood! She burns quite nicely, too. Got my 1st Witherer by burning one (among others) down in Belfast! Have had some high-scoring losses and low-scoring wins and vice-versa. Luck of the draw team-wise on weekends still holds. No dream teams! Fun weekend so far!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,848 posts
30,536 battles

LOL really? Haven't noticed! Freaking 118 BBs in queue earlier...  It is kinda sad that DD main players aren't out in force harvesting them. Saw 6 lousy DDs in queue at the time I saw that many BBs....

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,751 battles

I saw the most DDs today in over a week. Five DDs between both sides. I blame 6.3.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

We always get these threads after a new BB line is put out, or a (good/popular) BB premium.

Not that I don't agree BB is played a lot, but it's made worse by the event and new premium Hood.

It's always been that way since CBT.  A lot of BBs played, even when DD/CVs where insanely OP, and cruiser fires was even worse than now.

BBs are just popular I guess.

[HINON]
Members
3,375 posts
32,577 battles

I tried to be a troll and hop into a dd being there were 1 sometimes none in my last 6 ish matches and the first game I get thrown into has 5 dds on each side yay my luck.

[FAQUE]
Members
523 posts
8,092 battles

Two words: Bismarck Campaign

Agreed.  I don't play BB much, but I pulled out my Grosse Kurfurst for four matches today.  Many of the missions are just easier in BBs like raw damage, and some missions require BBs.

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Cruisers and BBs seem to be pretty evenly matched, numbers of each wise. There definitely aint a shortage of skulkin' booshwhackin' DDs. :red_button:

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,809 posts
1,670 battles

French,  British and Soviet battleship lines are not even out yet so expect to see more of this. 

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

Too many BBs always.

Always.  

ALWAYS.  

Members
4,608 posts

Agreed.  I don't play BB much, but I pulled out my Grosse Kurfurst for four matches today.  Many of the missions are just easier in BBs like raw damage, and some missions require BBs.

Some missions also require CVs, CAs, or a DD.  And take out the Hood matches, there are as many BB specific missions as CV ones.  I won't disagree that some missions are easier in a BB, but others are easier in CAs or even DDs.

Members
17 posts
3,564 battles

I think they're looking at the queue in the lobby waiting to get into a game.  I'm seeing 1-3 CV, 80-135 BB, 9-15 CA/CL, and 2-10 DD in the lobby.  Games seem to be a bit BB heavy more often than not, but I've only had one game yesterday that had no DD, and many have 4-5DD per side.

I think the Bismarck campaign's tasks for 100 BB main gun hits being fairly easy to get, many are pushing that task for completion of the mission.

Members
337 posts
957 battles

Most of them are horrible at the game anyways and their aim is even worse. Been having no problems burning them down with my IJN cruisers. More retarded baBBies in the queue please.