Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Vermel

Recommend Turns for "X" Knots / Also one button geets full salvo not double click.

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

8 posts in this topic

The ability to ring up a specific set of knots vice increments will make formation sailing and teamwork much easier. The team can space out in the appropriate formation DDs lead, Cruiser off set BBs etc, allowing for a correctly arranged and organized force arriving at the scene within each others respective "coverage" strengths.

Also, I'd like to hit a single button that fires all my guns -> full salvo. Double clicking leads to jitters shot misplacement. One of the best things I did was move my firing button off my mouse so as not to impact the aim point.

Thanks

Vermel

Except that coordinated fleet action rarely if ever happens in random battles.  This game isn't built around that kind of mindset.

DD's aren't going to slow and pace themselves with BB's to get to a cap. 

Except that coordinated fleet action rarely if ever happens in random battles.  This game isn't built around that kind of mindset.

Incentives the behavior and watch what happens

That's too micromanaged for an arcade style game, even in a real fleet you don't just set a speed and then cross your fingers that you're all going to arrive at the same time.  A big part of station keeping is paying attention to what they lead ship is actually doing, all you have to do is execute a turn or some other manoeuvre to throw dead reckoning off.  Likewise in-game the only way to ensure that you stay with the group is to actually pay attention to where the group is, more granular speed control would only have a minor impact on this.

maybe they would if it was made easier

Incentives the behavior and watch what happens

fleet maneuvers and tactics in actual operating conditions are based on engineering, mechanics,visibility physics, technology, ballistics and communications from the early-mid 20th

though formations are ideal the game design, visibility and mechanics are not what they are in actual projectile naval combat for game play (eg "bow on" armor facing BBs is simply because WG invented "citadels" as their designer spoke about it on the podcast)

I do wish they could reward ships for fighting to their strengths as a team - and that all those additional calculations do no hamper the frame rate

That's too micromanaged for an arcade style game, even in a real fleet you don't just set a speed and then cross your fingers that you're all going to arrive at the same time.  A big part of station keeping is paying attention to what they lead ship is actually doing, all you have to do is execute a turn or some other manoeuvre to throw dead reckoning off.  Likewise in-game the only way to ensure that you stay with the group is to actually pay attention to where the group is, more granular speed control would only have a minor impact on this.

Disagree, real fleets set speed and course over ground.... sense the game has no set and drift every course and speed ordered is effectively overground. Plus how hard is it to simply put a function in the game, where i can order knots within the capability of the ship. 

fleet maneuvers and tactics in actual operating conditions are based on engineering, mechanics,visibility physics, technology, ballistics and communications from the early-mid 20th

though formations are ideal the game design, visibility and mechanics are not what they are in actual projectile naval combat for game play (eg "bow on" armor facing BBs is simply because WG invented "citadels" as their designer spoke about it on the podcast)

I do wish they could reward ships for fighting to their strengths as a team - and that all those additional calculations do no hamper the frame rate

Agreed, divisions I've participated in have at a rudimentary level formed up for lack of a better description. And yes you are 100% correct a broad ship is harder to hit, sense range error is much more critical in your aim.. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0