You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Jonas_Brent

accounts on the same server

19 comments in this topic

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,680 battles

Customer service representatives are like a broken records.  They don't read the request and assume incorrectly what is being asked, then reply with a canned response.  I'm HATING this.  I have two accounts on the SAME server and want them merged (not two accounts on two different servers).  They CAN merge them.  They have already transferred one ship from one to the other which was accidentally sent to the wrong account when I purchased it.  I originally sent then a request to have two accounts when I first started because I wanted to separate the axis from the allied ships.  Well, the reply was that "even though we don't normally allow it, based on what you're trying to do, we see no reason to deny the request".  So allowed it, they did!  Easy enough.  Of course, I'm supplying WoWs with dollars for Doubloons, flags, and special cool stuff for TWO accounts, so in effect, except for ships, I'm paying them double.  Great for them.  Now that I've been playing and see the implications and effect of how this configuration has on the Bismarck campaign for one, they are repeatedly telling that "we don't provide a service that allows transfers from one account to another".  But I think they're either not getting that the accounts are on the same server, or that I KNOW they have ALREADY done it, so I KNOW they CAN!  Grrrr ... can't effectively play this way because I want Hood to get Bismarck.  It makes no sense to have two accounts either way, but for sure now!

• Cool 1

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles

What was the point of starting two accounts on the same server in the first place?

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[STW-A]
Members
305 posts

Customer service's offer to players are limited in nature.  If you search the forums, you'll see that they cannot reverse doubloon ship purchases (if the ship has been played), or adjust anything related to captain skills and specs.  They are excellent, though, at resolving technical issues of the game that may impair your account (as they should).

User mistakes that they can reverse include reversing doubloons spent on a premium ship (that hasn't been played), and reversing the selling of premium ships from your account (max 4 requests per year)  It sounds like you used this offering when you purchased your ship for your alternate account.

However, their support for user mistakes does end there.  If you have set up 2 accounts on the same server (for whatever reason), there is no merging of assets, ever.  No transfer of assets from one account to the other, ever.  (though it does look like you found the single exception to that...)  The 2 account are completely independent of each other.  Don't like it?  Well.... deal with it, because that is the way that it is.  Perhaps you'd like to stop using the lesser of the 2 accounts, and use the other one as your main.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,318 battles

What was the point of starting two accounts on the same server in the first place?

personal choice, after asking and receiving permission from WoW?

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

After numerous tickets and no answers, I was forced to throw a rant in Pigeon's sub forum.

He stated that multiple accounts are fine.

YDP2cIY.png

Unfortunately, there really is no good reason to have multiple accounts in this game, unless you want to exploit the game itself.

Too bad they still haven't bothered to update important information at the top of GD.

Edited by awiggin

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,680 battles

As I stated from the beginning (and will restate for people like Ace_04 who apparently doesn't read, and would rather be sarcastic than to answer the question (and thank you Umikami for clearing that up for Ace-04 as well), I did request permission to have two accounts.  I was new to the game, didn't understand the ramifications of how it would affect opportunities like the Bismarck campaign, and had already used the U.S. ships up to Tier IV.  I wanted to use German ships, but didn't really intend to make it a big deal, so I asked for a second account to split them.  There was no explanation, or caution that went out, only a mere "it isn't allowed, but based on the reasons you want two accounts, we see no reason to not make this an exception".  And, so they did.  I'm not asking to reverse anything, merely to put everything into one account.  If that means make a new account and place everything there, or just move something over from one to the other, that is fine.  Scharnhorst accidentally went to the allied account; they moved the flag, CO, ship, camo, and everything else that came with it.  They also changed my e-mail address and made a permanent change (with out charge) to my screen name.  I know they are able to do this.  I'm just thinking they won't because of the benefits they get from me giving them $$ from both accounts.  I've gone to tier 7 on both accounts and purchase ships of Tier 8 (though I haven't used them much yet).  There is significant use in both, and significant purchases and achievement.  I'm really ticked that they won't try to figure this out.  Thanks for the reply everyone.  I'm hoping to fix this fubar.  I'm pretty discouraged with them at this time and if I can't work out Bismarck campaign in a way that makes sense to me, I'll use up what I have left and be done with WoW, I guess.

Edited by Jonas_Brent

[LOU1]
Members
4,344 posts
14,813 battles

I always thought that the reason you couldn't move ships from one account to another was to prevent people from grinding up ships and selling them.  Also, imagine the market for no longer offered premium ships.  For example, when the Kamikaze was on sale for the final time, I could have opened up a bunch of accounts and bought several.  And, imagine the auction price of a Flint or Black.  Just a thought...

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,680 battles
On 5/19/2017 at 10:36 AM, Ace_04 said:

What's the point of you replying when you don't read anything I said in the first place?

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,680 battles
On 5/19/2017 at 12:07 PM, awiggin said:

Unfortunately, there really is no good reason to have multiple accounts in this game, unless you want to exploit the game itself.

Too bad they still haven't bothered to update important information at the top of GD.

And your point?  Obviously my point went way over your head.

• Meh 1

[HI-CS]
Members
178 posts
20,680 battles
On 5/19/2017 at 11:16 AM, Seaman_Rookie said:

The 2 account are completely independent of each other.  Don't like it?  Well.... deal with it, because that is the way that it is.  Perhaps you'd like to stop using the lesser of the 2 accounts, and use the other one as your main.

If they did it once, that is evidence enough that it CAN be done regardless of the magnitude of the sca They can but will not.  Plain and simple.  They are liars for saying they can't because I know for a fact that they can.  Deal with it, you say? What kind of smart-[edited]are you to accept that they actually did what they say they can't do, yet then tell me to "deal with it"?

I was a new player to the game; WoWs took no responsibility to clue "the new guy" in on why this would hinder me in future game opportunities and awards, because it benefits WoWs so much.  And how could I be responsible for that as a new player who was absolutely clueless as to how the game works?  

[NSEW]
Members
2,909 posts
12,205 battles

I don't think that they 'can not' do it.  It is more apt to say that they prefer/choose not to.  

They obviously have their own reasons.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
On 5/19/2017 at 7:34 AM, Jonas_Brent said:

Customer service representatives are like a broken records.  They don't read the request and assume incorrectly what is being asked, then reply with a canned response.  I'm HATING this.  I have two accounts on the SAME server and want them merged (not two accounts on two different servers).  They CAN merge them.

I suspect the biggest hang up they have with merging two accounts comes from the possibility of people selling accounts, seems to me that if you get the right person on the line and have sufficient evidence to demonstrate that you are the legitimate originator of both accounts they should be able to do this for you.

However that doesn't mean they will since if they do it for you then they pretty much have to offer the same service to everybody that asks and that could prove to be an untenable drain on customer service resources, something like this is wide open for abuse

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
On 4/1/2021 at 11:02 PM, Jonas_Brent said:

And your point?  Obviously my point went way over your head.

Clearly your head is somewhere else if you're responding to a FOUR year old post....:Smile_facepalm:

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
9,887 posts
17,696 battles

ok, here we go again

segap tsomtnorf eht ot nruter dna esira sega eht ot tsol daerht nettogrof ho

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles
On 5/19/2017 at 9:34 AM, Jonas_Brent said:

two accounts on the SAME server and want them merged

They don't do it because it's a manual process and a royal PITA.  Besides, you set yourself up for this, despite them advising you not to.  Just buy Hood and be done with it.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead, Privateers
18,983 posts
5,224 battles

ThreadNecro.gif.7dd4ad7a6bb680ba15e611ba65ed6972.gif

On 4/2/2021 at 12:59 AM, Jonas_Brent said:

What's the point of you replying when you don't read anything I said in the first place?

Why on God's green Earth would you necro your own thread FOUR YEARS LATER?  Go back to sleep.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
9,259 posts
7,537 battles
27 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

ThreadNecro.gif.7dd4ad7a6bb680ba15e611ba65ed6972.gif

Why on God's green Earth would you necro your own thread FOUR YEARS LATER?  Go back to sleep.

I'm guessing that OP wasn't able to get his accounts merged, even after 4 years... hence he came back with a vengeance... lol. :Smile_trollface:

That, or it took him 4 years to come up with a response to that other post... lel. :Smile_trollface:

I find this thread hilarious, because OP himself necroed it. Usually, people who necro a thread aren't the OP of it, and they don't check the date of the last post while they just thoughtlessly post their own responses. But here, it's his own thread, and he should have remembered when he first posted it... and yet, he probably didn't, and just thoughtlessly replied to a 4 year old post, lul. :cap_book:

thread_necro.jpg.5db55623dd97c1e331b8f24be464bf6c.jpg

Edited by Blorgh2017
  • Cool 1