NoZoupForYou

Bismarck Crates... should you buy them?

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

36 posts in this topic

I purchased 10 so you get an idea of what you might get.  They aren't cheap.  24.99 for the ten.  In short, just do the campaign and get them through that.  These aren't the Santa Crates.

The flags are nice but the price is too steep I think. i'd run the campaign and then when you done take stock of what you have a make a decision then. thats my plan and i am sticking to it

Posted (edited) · Report post

I read on another thread that someone purchased the x55 package and completed his Bismarck collection on day one. I find it strange because for the same price, you could have purchased the Ultimate Hood package which provides a lot more "permanent" value. And besides, the Hood would allow him to get 7 of these crates in-game.

Edited by Bronco

These things are a worth a Bismarck at the end? I'm content with my Tirpitz. (Even before the buff.

If I paid money and only got 50%credit camo I would spew my esophagus up.

That is not good value imo.  The campaign seems pretty doable.

If I paid money and only got 50%credit camo I would spew my esophagus up.

That is not good value imo.  The campaign seems pretty doable.

One person already posted that he completed the campaign in something like 15 hours therefore definitely doable in the time allowed.

I got 12 out of 24 of the collection from the first set of missions alone...so yeah.

Nothing beats buying gold to spin the wheel of fortune of Planes though...someone burnt through way too much and never get the jackpot while others got said jackpot from the free daily login 2 spins...

Yeah, definitely sticking to the missions. I completed Mission 1 in one night playing mostly Tier 5 ships, so it's not hard with enough time as I have.

IMO this crates are a bad choice since 1/3 of their rewards are the same pins you get by doing the campaign or just getting whatever you need with duplicates.

IF, and only IF the crates were camos and signals ONLY and 25% ish cheaper, they might be worth something, like paying $40 for the 55 crate package.

It looks like these crates will not give out duplicate badges. 

In other words, you're getting a new badge each time. At least, that's what I think is happening. 

You get one crate for $0.99 That one is not bad.

It looks like these crates will not give out duplicate badges. 

In other words, you're getting a new badge each time. At least, that's what I think is happening. 

They do give duplicates.

Its worth grabbing the $0.99 one at east, I got 7 of those hydra flags and 7 dragon flags, plus a badge I didn't have yet. I wouldn't by additionals beyond that though.

They do give duplicates.

From the one's I've gotten so far, I haven't had any duplicates from them. Same story in Zoup's video, so I thought that maybe that's what makes them worth the price.

Oh well. Thanks for clearing that up.  

I played yesterday (no Hood in port) and so far have 14 out of 24 badges, plus 8 duplicates, so finishing the campaign without the 

Hood doesn't seem like a problem.

It's not like the Kami Clash grind.

The flags are nice but the price is too steep I think. i'd run the campaign and then when you done take stock of what you have a make a decision then. thats my plan and i am sticking to it

^This.  

If anything, play the campaign and use the crates to shore up any deficiencies at the end of it, if necessary.

Well said Ace. Look I am a potato of a player and am not having that much trouble with the missions. Just a few hours finished the first part of the mission and I kinda suck. The whole campaign last three weeks and I have no doubt I will be able to finish it, now whether I want to or not is probably the better question as it seems just "meh" IMHO. The missions are far easier than the "Honor" campaign. Do not care about the Hood and one day may go back and grind up to Bismarck but it really isn't a priority, heck it isn't even a goal. 

Totally waste of money, just play the campaign. In PTS I easily had enough duplicates to get the ones I was missing, and that was with the shortened campaign. You will get more crates now seeing as you need more pins to progress.

Totally waste of money, just play the campaign. In PTS I easily had enough duplicates to get the ones I was missing, and that was with the shortened campaign. You will get more crates now seeing as you need more pins to progress.

You get the same amount of crates as you did in the PTS. They didn't increase the amount of crates you get.

What will those badges give me? 

Flags at least I can use them in game, camo same kind of idea. I bought some of those Santa crates around xmas, didn't get anything really to write home about.

What will those badges give me? 

Flags at least I can use them in game, camo same kind of idea. I bought some of those Santa crates around xmas, didn't get anything really to write home about.

Collect all the badges, and you get two permanent camos for the Bismarck.

After completing mission 3, I am up to 18/24 on the medals.

After completing mission 3, I am up to 18/24 on the medals.

About the reward for mission 3: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/126005-be-warned-campaign-bug/page__pid__3039937#entry3039937

Collect all the badges, and you get two permanent camos for the Bismarck.

Not exactly worth my real $$ IMO.