IronMike11B4O

Bought Hood

• You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.

12 posts in this topic

Bought the Hood and in the 2 battles played 107k average which I'm sure will drastically drop at some point. Anyhow, I can't buy a citadel to save my life but 13k volley's seem normal. I know it's a lot of money but I just got my tax return so what the heck. It came with a 12 point Captain which with the flags I will be able to have 2 19 point Brit BB captains when the UK BB's come out. Yeah no the price sucks but does have IMHO were perks good enough for me to bite. Those are my reasons and a shout out for what so far has been a fun ship. Also it's AA makes me laugh everytime I have hit def fire.

My 2 cents says it's grossly over-priced. Going to pass on this one at that price point.

I took on a hood with Fuso and totally spanked it.     I also killed another with t6 french cruiser .   I am not sure, but it doesn't seem to do that well at least from fighting it. 

I think skill of the driver might have a thing or 2. There are always potatoes when new prem ships come out. My 71yo uncle for instance has a Belfast with like 20 games PvP. Love my uncle to death but a total potato.

I launched 2 salvos of torps from 6.5 km away at a Hood, and the bloody thing dodged all but one.  I thought it was meant to be huge and have the largest turning cicrcle of all BBs!

Don't feel bad about the torps...I got rushed pointblank by a T10 BB in my Shimakaze and launched all 3 sets, and you guessed it, all 15 missed, lol.

My best game with Hood was my first game.  4 kills.  I enjoy playing it because it's s challenge.  

First 9 battles in the Hood were wins. She's a solid ship with captain skills. WTH I'm a collector and would have gotten her anyway.

I took on a hood with Fuso and totally spanked it.     I also killed another with t6 french cruiser .   I am not sure, but it doesn't seem to do that well at least from fighting it. 

It’s the Atlanta of battleships — it takes a certain skillset, and most yolos are going to get wrecked. I don’t think it’s as difficult or as situational as the Atlanta, but the armor doesn’t just work on it’s own, you need to actively angle (not bow on, but angle).

Personally, I love it, but I I’m used to actively making the armor work for me from the Colorado. The Hood has a thin lower belt, but her upper belt is one of the strongest in the game, making her a very bouncy ship when angled properly. She also has a huge hit point pool for her tier. Basically, you can’t ever forget about protecting your citadel in the Hood — you can’t even park her bow-on and just laugh at the auto bounced. But if you actively wiggle and keep a slanted side toward the enemy you can both protect your citadel and be more resistant to the little hits on the upper belt which other BBs are vulnerable to.

I launched 2 salvos of torps from 6.5 km away at a Hood, and the bloody thing dodged all but one.  I thought it was meant to be huge and have the largest turning cicrcle of all BBs!

Her rudder shift isn’t horrible, and if you’re going 32 knots then pop the E-brake (reverse engines) as you go hard into a turn you can bring her around nicely. I find that I dodge best when I slow to around 18 knots then go back to full speed. The turn circle is still pretty wide, but it’s a fast ship and it turns fast.

Anyhow, I can't buy a citadel to save my life but 13k volley's seem normal.

That’s my experience with it too. I seem to need to aim a little lower than I’m used to if I want citadels, but it gets solid, reliable damage higher on the hull.